"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Devine never looks comfortable playing against a physical forward. Deas had Akinyemi for supper down at Somerset but agree he was also thrown around like an empty tracksuit at times. 

Allardice had a shocker. That was possibly his worst ever game for us. His passing was shambolic and almost cost us a goal in the first half. 

Far too many players had an off night yesterday evening. 

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

53 minutes ago, bpdon said:

This. I think some folk on here were watching a different game to me last night if they are blaming Dodds for the defeat(I was nearby and went along as a neutral). 

Too many players were well off it in the first half yesterday. How many times did Allardice get rolled or over commit and miss his challenge opening up the lines? Welsh was poor and had little impact. Deas and Devine were getting rag dolled by Akinyemi all night. Along with Ridgers they were also guilty of terrible distribution too often. And where do you start with last weeks hero Danny Mackay? What a sh1tebag he looked.

Same shape, different personnel in the second half and they looked much better. Carson gave some much needed energy and bite to centre mid. Samuels shifted defenders around with his pace and movement. Shaw and Harper were your best over the 90mins - thought they were very good.

Dodds might have made some mistakes over the course of the season (I couldn’t comment), but it was the Caley players sh1t’n the bed in the first half last night that cost you the result. You made a decent fist of it in the second half but Ayr managed the game out well and landed a sickener of a sucker punch late on when ICT had sounded the bugles.

Who's coaching, motivating and managing these players? The inconsistency this season is all down to the management team. 

21 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Who's coaching, motivating and managing these players? The inconsistency this season is all down to the management team. 

21 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Inconsistency? As far as I can see Caley have been pretty consistent since the turn of the year. Looks like you had only lost 3 games in 20 going into last night, including papping a few premiership teams out the cup, and you are comfortably top of the 10 game form table. 

That would suggest there was no serious issue with motivation or consistency over the last > 4 months. Last night too many of your players just didn’t turn up - they bottled it.

Edited by bpdon

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

Devine never looks comfortable playing against a physical forward. Deas had Akinyemi for supper down at Somerset but agree he was also thrown around like an empty tracksuit at times. 

Allardice had a shocker. That was possibly his worst ever game for us. His passing was shambolic and almost cost us a goal in the first half. 

Far too many players had an off night yesterday evening. 

I had heard a lot of good things about Allardice but he was stinkin’ last night. I thought he looked really unfit and sluggish. Welsh wasn’t much better beside him. When your entire centre midfield is posted missing like that, you are going to struggle. 

I presume Carson is a fan’s favourite? He was everywhere last night when he came on. Looked like the sort of player who for what he lacks in talent he makes up for in guts and effort? 

38 minutes ago, bpdon said:

I had heard a lot of good things about Allardice but he was stinkin’ last night. I thought he looked really unfit and sluggish. Welsh wasn’t much better beside him. When your entire centre midfield is posted missing like that, you are going to struggle. 

I presume Carson is a fan’s favourite? He was everywhere last night when he came on. Looked like the sort of player who for what he lacks in talent he makes up for in guts and effort? 

Yes, that's true, if endeavour was the only qualifier, he'd be sailing the seven seas. As it was his composure counted against him and what could've been a game changing goal was a shot wide of the target.

What might've been.

Shamelessly stolen this list off Twitter of the players who are out of contract. Here’s my verdict on all of them, for what it’s worth (not very much).

Cammy Mackay - keep. Excellent back up who did very little wrong when called upon this season.

Wallace Duffy - keep. Good squad option but really lacks quality going forward. Shouldn’t be a starter.

Robbie Deas - Off and goes with my best wishes. Excellent player who gave his all for the club.

Danny Devine - keep. Decent again this season. Will need to unearth another left footed gem of a centre back, any at Celtic again a la McCart and Deas?

Scott Allardice - Really hope we can throw some of the cup cash at him to try and keep him here however I fear he’ll be off. Would be shocked if bigger clubs aren’t circling.

Ben Woods - not sure what it is but I think there’s a hidden gem of a player in there. Would’ve liked to have seen more of him. Keep.

Lewis Hyde - keep. Offers real drive from the middle of the park. A good squad option and may even kick on again.

Aaron Doran - I’d offer him a deal - bit worrying he didn’t get on on Friday though. Wouldn’t break the bank to keep him but again he’s a good squad option.

Tom Walsh - think we should be offering him a new deal on slightly reduced terms. The right thing to do.

Henderson (end of loan) - our best out and oht winger since Jonny Hayes. Shame he was pish on Friday. Would love us to keep him but no way we can afford him.

Dan Mackay (end of loan) - Been consistently anonymous this season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back, and I would take him back, but not as a priority by any means.

Steven Boyd - was never going to be good enough. A signing which typifies why this league season has been a failure.

Billy Mckay - #1 priority to keep. Self explanatory thus one.

Ethan Cairns - haven’t seen enough of him give an informed opinion.

Shane Sutherland - would love to see Shane back on the park however the more time passes, the less likely I think it is. Same as Walsh, new deal on reduced terms is the right thing to do.

Austin Samuels - I’d be offering him a new deal. Would love to see him and Mckay played as a two next season. 

Guest ICTFCwife
43 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Shamelessly stolen this list off Twitter of the players who are out of contract. Here’s my verdict on all of them, for what it’s worth (not very much).

Cammy Mackay - keep. Excellent back up who did very little wrong when called upon this season.

Wallace Duffy - keep. Good squad option but really lacks quality going forward. Shouldn’t be a starter.

Robbie Deas - Off and goes with my best wishes. Excellent player who gave his all for the club.

Danny Devine - keep. Decent again this season. Will need to unearth another left footed gem of a centre back, any at Celtic again a la McCart and Deas?

Scott Allardice - Really hope we can throw some of the cup cash at him to try and keep him here however I fear he’ll be off. Would be shocked if bigger clubs aren’t circling.

Ben Woods - not sure what it is but I think there’s a hidden gem of a player in there. Would’ve liked to have seen more of him. Keep.

Lewis Hyde - keep. Offers real drive from the middle of the park. A good squad option and may even kick on again.

Aaron Doran - I’d offer him a deal - bit worrying he didn’t get on on Friday though. Wouldn’t break the bank to keep him but again he’s a good squad option.

Tom Walsh - think we should be offering him a new deal on slightly reduced terms. The right thing to do.

Henderson (end of loan) - our best out and oht winger since Jonny Hayes. Shame he was pish on Friday. Would love us to keep him but no way we can afford him.

Dan Mackay (end of loan) - Been consistently anonymous this season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back, and I would take him back, but not as a priority by any means.

Steven Boyd - was never going to be good enough. A signing which typifies why this league season has been a failure.

Billy Mckay - #1 priority to keep. Self explanatory thus one.

Ethan Cairns - haven’t seen enough of him give an informed opinion.

Shane Sutherland - would love to see Shane back on the park however the more time passes, the less likely I think it is. Same as Walsh, new deal on reduced terms is the right thing to do.

Austin Samuels - I’d be offering him a new deal. Would love to see him and Mckay played as a two next season. 

From a very good source I’ve heard Deas is definitely leaving this season. 

Interestingly, Caley Thistle Online, which is primarily populated by ICT fans, has ran a poll entitled "Would You Offer Dodd a Contract Extension" and the results so far are as follows: 

Yes - 12.7%

No - 61.9%

Depends on Lge and Cup outcomes - 25.4%

It seems pretty conclusive what the general consensus is especially now that the league is a write off , and with that I would say the third category will reduce as the second increases.

Given the seriousness of CTO and given that the vote is Caley fan driven with virtually no outside fan input then the board has to give serious thought to this.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 08/05/2023 at 11:17, SandyCromarty said:

Interestingly, Caley Thistle Online, which is primarily populated by ICT fans, has ran a poll entitled "Would You Offer Dodd a Contract Extension" and the results so far are as follows: 

Yes - 12.7%

No - 61.9%

Depends on Lge and Cup outcomes - 25.4%

It seems pretty conclusive what the general consensus is especially now that the league is a write off , and with that I would say the third category will reduce as the second increases.

Given the seriousness of CTO and given that the vote is Caley fan driven with virtually no outside fan input then the board has to give serious thought to this.

Yes we've had a great run in the Scottish Cup but his main job was to get us out of the Championship that is our bread and butter. 

Dodds out for me after the final

I know there's a lot of ST holders who sit around me who aren't renewing if Dodds stays on.  I have also seen someone on Twitter saying if he does then they're going to try and canvass and convince fans not to renew too and hit the club where it hurts.

My mum and dad, ST holders since the 95/96 season say they might not renew if he signs a new deal too.

Dodds is just a terrible football manager who needs to go back to being a terrible pundit.  Celtic are going to absolutely fucking cunt us in the cup final.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I know there's a lot of ST holders who sit around me who aren't renewing if Dodds stays on.  I have also seen someone on Twitter saying if he does then they're going to try and canvass and convince fans not to renew too and hit the club where it hurts.

My mum and dad, ST holders since the 95/96 season say they might not renew if he signs a new deal too.

Dodds is just a terrible football manager who needs to go back to being a terrible pundit.  Celtic are going to absolutely fucking c**t us in the cup final.

You know that the Dodds situation is serious when the normally staid and patient CTO run a yes/no poll on his contract.

Classic wind up recently when 3 posters said he'd signed a new deal, wishful thinking on their part knowing their posts.