• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 hours ago, TDog said:

Wasn’t impressed with him pre season but we need a target man type up top. Hopefully with full time football he improves.

From stats I looked at In his last 30 Appearances he scored 4 goals, I really hope you're right and it has happened with us in the past that players have improved.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is Harry Lodvica 6’6”?

Then he breaches what I like to call "The John Frederiksen Rule". 

Anyone who's taller than 6'4" and good at football is playing at a higher level than this. Anyone who's that tall and floating about at this level is getting by on their height alone. 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Then he breaches what I like to call "The John Frederiksen Rule". 

Anyone who's taller than 6'4" and good at football is playing at a higher level than this. Anyone who's that tall and floating about at this level is getting by on their height alone. 

This is exactly what I thought. If you are a 6’6” striker and you are in any way half decent you are likely to have been snapped up. We have to hope, like with most of our successful signings, we manage to find value where none was seen before. Fingers crossed.

His social media appears mostly to be posts about Jesus, which might be what we need.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This is exactly what I thought. If you are a 6’6” striker and you are in any way half decent you are likely to have been snapped up. We have to hope, like with most of our successful signings, we manage to find value where none was seen before. Fingers crossed.

His social media appears mostly to be posts about Jesus, which might be what we need.

I was a great fan of Marvin Andrews and his style of play back in the day when we played against Livi and RR, what a defender he was and he remained a serious Christian throughout his career and probably is still preaching to this day.

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Doddsy smirking like a p***k, just after his team was ragdolled, Sevco boy sitting in the stand with his shades on, watching, as the cloggers run around with his beloved Sevco shirts on.

Hope you get fucked next season.

Thank you.

How dare you criticise the Master Tactician and the Orange Lodge shirts which were duly launched on the 12th of July!!!

A big striker might be a good signing. We’ve all seen over the last couple of years that Dodds’ natural tactic is hoof-ball, which doesn’t work with only Billy McKay up front. If Ludovica can be a target man and people like Brooks, Samuels and McKay can play off him, then hoofing it might actually work.

The fact that he’s signed for another club this summer (and then presumably been released) doesn’t fill me with hope. Nor does the fact that everyone who has seen him play says he’s awful.

🤷‍♂️ 

He was murder against Elgin and Nairn, but I thought he did alright yesterday, won a couple of flick ons that put the very wasteful Samuels in yesterday.

Yeah, I hadn’t seen him play in the friendlies so was a bit worried when he came on but he seemed to do okay. As mentioned he won a good flick on to put Samuels through.

He seemed to hold the ball up reasonably well yesterday but then held on to it for too long rather than getting the pass off to another player quickly. Which resulted in losing possession. He could be a good option to have but time will tell I guess.

Im not expecting him to get much game time anyway as Mckay and Brook should be ahead of him.

17 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

When was the last time we went into a season with 4 strikers in the squad?

17/18 season ?

Baird, Bell, Oakley and Zschusschen

If your counting Sutherland and Jamieson as strikers then 21/22 season

Edited by Jaffa

38 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

What's the craic with Keith Bray. Seems to be getting talked up a lot lately. What's he like? Is he good enough, to be getting game time in the league?

Really tricky player and has decent pace. Always seems to beat at least one man every time he’s on the ball and draws lots of fouls in advanced areas.