"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

25 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I don't think I've gone into a new season with expectations so low.

Unless a couple of our new signings are gems and hit the ground running we are going to struggle, maybe even down into the bottom three.

Yep, remember this time 2 years ago we signed Billy McKay, Michael Gardyne and Kirk Broadfoot?  Those signing made me buy a season ticket for the first time in 5 years.  I didn't buy one last season or this.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see Dan Mackay has gone to Livi on loan for the last year of his Hibs contract. I wonder who he’ll sign for next summer.

A bit surprised he’s ended up at Livi. He was good early on in the season and in the cup vs Falkirk and obviously scored against Celtic but he was far too inconsistent at Championship level over the season. Be interesting to see how he gets on at Livi

Renewed my season ticket last week purely because I know how much the club needs the money. I’d echo what a few have said, I’m really worried about this season. Teams around us have strengthened, Dunfermline and Airdrie are miles better than what they’re replacing and our signings so far are… meh. Really hoping we get two or three gems in between now and the deadline.

Fear it could be a very long season.

3 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Renewed my season ticket last week purely because I know how much the club needs the money. I’d echo what a few have said, I’m really worried about this season. Teams around us have strengthened, Dunfermline and Airdrie are miles better than what they’re replacing and our signings so far are… meh. Really hoping we get two or three gems in between now and the deadline.

Signing a 'striker' who has only played part time football been with 11 clubs in the last four years and only scored 4 goals in his last 30 games demonstrates the clubs absolute determination for promotion to the Premier.??????

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

A bit surprised he’s ended up at Livi. He was good early on in the season and in the cup vs Falkirk and obviously scored against Celtic but he was far too inconsistent at Championship level over the season. Be interesting to see how he gets on at Livi

Totally agree with that and I noted it way back earlier in last season where I posted I did not see full committment from him as if he didn't want to be at Championship level, hope it works out for him at Livi as he has a good game in him.

6 hours ago, scottbamby said:

We're not so far apart.

For reasons not dissimilar to you, I always renew and unlike prominent self styled influencers, I don't know anyone that hasn't committed. I fully expect to see all the familiar faces tomorrow.

Where we diverge ever so slightly is in our immediate appraisal of our signings. I'm content to allow each and every one of our new recruits who have invested in us, as much as we them, the space to flourish. Nathan Shaw had a difficult ICT birth but armed with the knowledge of the season past and his outrageous league cup trick that bought him at least ten yards (and counting), only the very bold would deign to discredit the likes of Harry Lodovica.

I feel conflicted that @SandyCromarty is joining @Caley Shaun in not be attending this year. I like to be challenged by interesting viewpoints and for them to consign themselves to a position of relative ignorance with regards to the finer points of football is a matter of regret.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

We're not so far apart.

For reasons not dissimilar to you, I always renew and unlike prominent self styled influencers, I don't know anyone that hasn't committed. I fully expect to see all the familiar faces tomorrow.

Where we diverge ever so slightly is in our immediate appraisal of our signings. I'm content to allow each and every one of our new recruits who have invested in us, as much as we them, the space to flourish. Nathan Shaw had a difficult ICT birth but armed with the knowledge of the season past and his outrageous league cup trick that bought him at least ten yards (and counting), only the very bold would deign to discredit the likes of Harry Lodovica.

I feel conflicted that @SandyCromarty is joining @Caley Shaun in not be attending this year. I like to be challenged by interesting viewpoints and for them to consign themselves to a position of relative ignorance with regards to the finer points of football is a matter of regret.

When will you get it into your thick head that some people work weekends, it's like your obsessed with me and @SandyCromarty ffs, just give ot a rest will you!!

16 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

When will you get it into your thick head that some people work weekends, it's like your obsessed with me and @SandyCromarty ffs, just give ot a rest will you!!

Stick him on your ignore list, works for me.

Edited by SandyCromarty

This season has a season 2008/09 sinking vibe about it but also potentially similar to season 2016/17 as anyone running the club will likely do nothing about it.

Our pre season has been a gigantic f-up regardless however its been painted. Clearly the performances and results so far have been not good enough and what we have in the core of the squad right now is not good enough. Standards have dropped and it appears to be acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I’ll tell you something lads, Robbie Deas is an absolute Rolls Royce. I reckon he will make us millions. 

Yeap, man is a star.

Wasn’t at all jealous of seeing him put in that sort of performance for you today.

27 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I’ll tell you something lads, Robbie Deas is an absolute Rolls Royce. I reckon he will make us millions

There are those amongst us that would suggest that we replace him like for like.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

There are those amongst us that would suggest that we replace him like for like.

Don’t think anyones saying replace him like for like, just that we haven’t even attempted to replace him. 

We were going to chuck money at Lafferty why not focus that on signing a good, recognised centre half at this level? Rather than going after Gardiners wet dream 

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Don’t think anyones saying replace him like for like, just that we haven’t even attempted to replace him. 

We were going to chuck money at Lafferty why not focus that on signing a good, recognised centre half at this level? Rather than going after Gardiners wet dream 

Yeah, this.

Deas came to us pretty highly rated, with a least one decent season at Alloa already under his belt. Another young prospect like that or a solid centre back who is already known to be good at this level is all I’m looking for really. 

We were never going to get someone as good as Deas but not getting anybody in so far is ridiculous.

ETA - still plenty of time in the window so we might well yet get someone in but we are needing at least 3 players to come in, not just to be regular starters but to be in the bracket of the best players in our squad.

Edited by PB1994

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just now, PB1994 said:

Yeah, this.

Deas came to us pretty highly rated, with a least one decent season at Alloa already under his belt. Another young prospect like that or a solid centre back who is already known to be good at this level is all I’m looking for really. 

We were never going to get someone as good as Deas but not getting anybody in so far is ridiculous.

Our central defenders weren't the reason we lost today and they weren't the reason we didn't win. 

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Our central defenders weren't the reason we lost today and they weren't the reason we didn't win. 

Who’s talking about just todays game? Our central defenders have been at fault for a lot of the goals we have conceded in the 5 games we have played this season.