"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The last time I was at the Caledonian Stadium (parlaying with your weirdo CEO and your genuinely excellent Community Liason chap), John “Robertson” Robbo was pressing players initials and numbers on to some freshly arrived training gear and telling stories about Marley Watkins’ agent.    Is that the sort of thing you would like him to be doing more of?

I know we've got it bad presently but how did you feel about your club coming 11th in the Premier last season?

Will you see a repeat of the same this season?

Bookies have you down for it.

But I would say you'll finish 10th.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I know we've got it bad presently but how did you feel about your club coming 11th in the Premier last season?

I'm saying St J for automatic relegation and Loss County for relegation via play offs as they surely can't escape a second year in a row with the Dross they have at their club!

Though I'd quite happily swap their coaching staff bar the racist Malky for our clown in the dugout!

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I'm saying St J for automatic relegation and Loss County for relegation via play offs as they surely can't escape a second year in a row with the Dross they have at their club!

Though I'd quite happily swap their coaching staff bar the racist Malky for our clown in the dugout!

If County do go down we might not be in the Championship next season anyway to have a Highland derby. Instead our 'derby' day will be against the likes of Cove Rangers or Peterhead.

Can we escape what looks like our first serious relegation battle in this league?

I'd be more concerned about the dross at our club.

16 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Best you worry less on us and concentrate your thoughts onto this Saturdays Airdrie game.

I doubt County are going to have any sleepless nights going to Airdrie, us on the other hand have them next.

Lose to them again this season and the club will have to take seriously the lack of progress from last season and the reality we trail behind a team that came up through the League 1 playoffs and haven't upgraded their squad that much since their promotion.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

I doubt County are going to have any sleepless nights going to Airdrie, us on the other hand have them next.

Lose to them again this season and the club will have to take seriously the lack of progress from last season and the reality we trail behind a team that came up through the League 1 playoffs and haven't upgraded their squad that much since their promotion.

Airdrie will be a tough match for RC, the fact that Airdrie have not seriously signed many is significant in that the management feel that the squad having won promotion have the willingness and strength to do well in the Championship,, they will obviously not be aiming for the Premier but I'm sure they will re visit the squad strength in the January window once they identify weakness, overall so far it could be clever boxing if that is the case.

Edited by SandyCromarty

17 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I was disappointed we won that penalty shootout and Malky kept his job.

Early days yet but County look better than last season. Could all collapse though.

Nice to see you're concerned for your wee neighbours though. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Airdrie will be a tough match for RC, the fact that Airdrie have not seriously signed many is significant in that the management feel that the squad having won promotion have the willingness and strength to do well in the Championship,, they will obviously not be aiming for the Premier but I'm sure they will re visit the squad strength in the January window once they identify weakness, overall so far it could be clever boxing if that is the case.

It's not going to look good for us if County run them over 4-0 and then they beat us again the next weekend. It would be a dose of reality to where we now stand in the Scottish football food chain.

“My favourite games attended obviously include victorious Scottish Cup semi-finals and Final. However, our first victory v Rangers at Ibrox in 2006 is one that is especially etched in my memory bank

How did that get past the CEO?

On 14/08/2023 at 14:39, Savage Henry said:

The last time I was at the Caledonian Stadium (parlaying with your weirdo CEO and your genuinely excellent Community Liason chap), John “Robertson” Robbo was pressing players initials and numbers on to some freshly arrived training gear and telling stories about Marley Watkins’ agent.    Is that the sort of thing you would like him to be doing more of?

The thing that puzzles me with weirdos is why they don't realise the extent of their weirdoism? Any ideas?

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A new member joins the ICT board has been announced, Scott Young ex Millburn Academy and Thistle fans years back and now a vet and a qualified referee.

The first one to suggest he'd be good with donkeys will be the purveyor of corn.

Reminds me that when I was brought up on the farm we had a pet donkey but it didn't get any Christmas presents. In fact it got hee haw

https://ictfc.com/new-director-joins-the-board-of-ictfc/

Former vet and member of the local golf club? Here, have a seat on the board.

Maybe this guy and Panos Thomas can put their skills to good use by helping the eagle on our club crest which is currently crying out in agony.

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Maybe this guy and Panos Thomas can put their skills to good use by helping the eagle on our club crest which is currently crying out in agony.

This made me laugh a lot more than I would care to admit 

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Makes sense to me. Thomas operates on the players to save us some cash and if it's unsuccessful we have this guy to put them to sleep to save on the wage bill. Win win.

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I told them 30 years ago it would only lead to trouble if it had a thistle sticking up its arse.