"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

20 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

By no means am I complaining - but does anyone know why we wore last season’s away kit instead of the staunch orange number last night?

We use last seasons away kit as our third kit for this year but I’m not sure why it would have been used instead of the orange one.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Because the orange one is rank.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably because all the Clach fans would be at home watching the Rangers game they thought there was not going to be anyone there to appreciate it.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Tribute to Thistle, whose last trophy was the Inverness cup in 1994 IMO.

All good answers!

4 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

By no means am I complaining - but does anyone know why we wore last season’s away kit instead of the staunch orange number last night?

You've every right to complain when it comes to the sham Sevco strip.

Gardiner is a total twat as is his other wee fat Sevco sidekick

I’ve seen multiple tweets claiming the squad hasn’t been invested in adequately. I suspect there’s some truth to it.
Surely the current squad isn’t running the same budget as the Gardyne / McAlear season team for example? 

27 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’ve seen multiple tweets claiming the squad hasn’t been invested in adequately. I suspect there’s some truth to it.
Surely the current squad isn’t running the same budget as the Gardyne / McAlear season team for example? 

I would reckon you’re probably right. If it’s true we were in for Lafferty (big if) and I am assuming that he’d have commanded a decent/good wage (especially within our wage structure) then I don’t think we’ve signed anyone (barring Lodovica who was waiting on clearance) since those rumours were about. So that says to me there’s a decent bit of budget left over. 

I reckon from the 21/22 season, Gardyne, Broadfoot and Mckay will all have been on good money and I can’t see that sort of budget reflected in the current squad if I’m honest.

Got to also consider that with a squad like that we were making some substantial losses. Perhaps the board have decided not to aim for promotion this season, tighten the belts and hope for mid table and cut the losses or turn a profit (wishful thinking). 

On 23/08/2023 at 08:42, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How has the lad Brooks been getting on? I remember seeing him bag a couple early doors in a friendly, start the next game or two and he’s been warming the bench since. Local lad and all that so was hoping to see him to do well.

Hasn’t really played much due to injury. Would hope he’s a starting player when he’s up to speed 

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Most of the prize money last season has been paid to the folk who have been putting money in. 

47 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Perhaps the board have decided not to aim for promotion this season, tighten the belts and hope for mid table and cut the losses or turn a profit (wishful thinking). 

That’s possible. I’ve been told it’s not uncommon for some championship teams to select certain seasons for throwing the kitchen sink at it (not saying that’s what we’re doing.)

There’s a good 6 figures between Gardiner and Robertson that would be handy just now. I’m advocating for @SandyCromarty to interview the CEO on the podcast. We need answers in regards to the Freeport and Battery Storage.

8 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

That’s possible. I’ve been told it’s not uncommon for some championship teams to select certain seasons for throwing the kitchen sink at it (not saying that’s what we’re doing.)

There’s a good 6 figures between Gardiner and Robertson that would be handy just now. I’m advocating for @SandyCromarty to interview the CEO on the podcast. We need answers in regards to the Freeport and Battery Storage.

Between or each? I'm told they are both on six figure salaries? 

3 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

Between or each? I'm told they are both on six figure salaries? 

Six figures when combined, neither are worth what they’re paid though.

Edited by Guest