"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

You guys can dance about over who needs to come in as manager/coach and that suits certain people at the club. The only way you can move forward is by getting a board clear out and bringing in individuals who have a commitment to the club above wearing a blazer.

Sevco fan during Whytes tenure?

Edited by SandyCromarty

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6158578/dodds-says-caley-thistle-deserved-more-from-late-defeat-to-raith/

Signs of encouragement mainly because we fielded more 1st team regulars than we did against Arbroath. Then Raith played well below what they are capable off making us look better than what we are. We have Dundee Utd next up, can we keep the score down to a 1-0 defeat and have signs of encouragement.

A week ago the headline was about 'no wonder the supporters are losing patience'. Have the media only just noticed this, has the club noticed yet at all that supporters aren't happy?

Fair play to our supporters who traveled to Starks Park today.

I've said this before that this season has the bitter flavour of season 2008-09 when Brewster was in charge, lost the dressing room and any confidence and hope in a fairly decent side that should never have been in that position slowly drained away. It took seven defeats in a row before Brewster was sacked. Supporters voiced their opinions about Brewster's incompetence long before the board made the late move to bin him(during the summer alarm bells were ringing). Too late. Never learned that lesson with Foran either. Are we doomed to repeat history over and over again? Madness.

21 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

You guys can dance about over who needs to come in as manager/coach and that suits certain people at the club. The only way you can move forward is by getting a board clear out and bringing in individuals who have a commitment to the club above wearing a blazer.

This rhetoric about the board is dangerous. The generosity of the board is literally the only reason the club still exists.

Gardiner yes, Robbo yes, Dodds absolutely yes, and some of their decisions (2 year deal) have obviously not worked out however I don’t think the above can be neglected.

I was at Clach v Formartine yesterday and I was walking out I walked past Gary Warren talking to a guy who I know is a The Caley fan. The first thing I heard was Warren asking 'what is going on down there?' 

16 hours ago, scottbamby said:

This rhetoric about the board is dangerous. The generosity of the board is literally the only reason the club still exists.

Gardiner yes, Robbo yes, Dodds absolutely yes, and some of their decisions (2 year deal) have obviously not worked out however I don’t think the above can be neglected.

Their generosity is paying big bucks for the gents mentioned above though? I'd rather their money spent on the team 

3 hours ago, lochnesscaley said:

Their generosity is paying big bucks for the gents mentioned above though? I'd rather their money spent on the team 

I questioned earlier on here where the Scottish Cup run money went, which must have been heading towards a million, and I was told that it was mostly used to repay the directors loans.

The loans were. I'm told, monies Directors loaned to cover the wage bill.

Not to be confused with Company Directors loans which is a completely different entity. 

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I questioned earlier on here where the Scottish Cup run money went, which must have been heading towards a million, and I was told that it was mostly used to repay the directors loans.

The loans were. I'm told, monies Directors loaned to cover the wage bill.

Not to be confused with Company Directors loans which is a completely different entity. 

Yes I believe that's accurate re SC monies. Therefore I'd argue getting big earners off wage bill can only be a good thing? 

Edited by lochnesscaley

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully if you guys get a new manager bounce it’ll cause people on our end to shit themselves and a decision might need to be taken. 

Was honestly dreading ICT sacking Dodds but if it spurs our board into some sort of action it might not be the worst thing in the world.

Anyway if Dodds does go you should bring back Yogi just for a laugh.

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Was honestly dreading ICT sacking Dodds but if it spurs our board into some sort of action it might not be the worst thing in the world.

Anyway if Dodds does go you should bring back Yogi just for a laugh.

Would need to be an ex-Rangers man with Scott Gardiner involved. He’d probably headhunt Barry Ferguson for the job or something similarly daft