• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

I don’t feel overly confident letting Welsh leave is a good decision. I don’t think comparing him to Doran is a perfect example either, in that Doran is a total has-been whereas Welsh is still one of our best players.

This only makes sense to me if either we’re bringing in someone of a similar or better standard (which won’t be easy) and/or he gets injured for Queens Park. If he remains fully fit for the next 4 months that’s a problem for us.

Apparently Connor Smith is being recalled by Hearts, who was linked with us on social media in the summer.

8 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

If he remains fully fit for the next 4 months that’s a problem for us.

Yeah, this is the biggest issue with letting him go. It has been, what, nearly two years since he has been able to put that sort of run of games together though?

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There’s Delaney away too. Lodovica and Sheridan soon hopefully.

Wild that neither of them have been packed off down the A9 yet.

Lodovica, Sheridan and probably Hyde need to go in this window. 3 who aren’t good enough/is clearly not arsed anymore

He was poor on Saturday for Clach against Turriff. Seen him a few times and was decent so probably just a bad game.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Lodovica, Sheridan and probably Hyde need to go in this window. 3 who aren’t good enough/is clearly not arsed anymore

Hyde off to Brora on loan

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Bit weird to be letting all these players go the night of a game. Will we have any subs at this rate? 

I’m expecting 2 or 3 announcements over the weekend after all of this.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbf it would be such an us thing to do to just name a new signing in the starting lineup or on the bench without announcing it first

We did that with Dennis Wyness when he returned in late 2005. Before social media, granted. I was fucking steaming and thought I was imagining it. Killie at home if I recall.