• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Very interesting meeting tonight. Worth a one off payment of £3.4 million to the club if this gets approved.

Think of all the centre halves we can get with nearly 3 and a half million quid 

Oh My God Omg GIF

Seen a few folk on twitter say that Ross Morrison spoke quite well 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Think of all the centre halves we can get with nearly 3 and a half million quid 

Oh My God Omg GIF

Seen a few folk on twitter say that Ross Morrison spoke quite well 

Honestly, I thought it was going to be a complete and utter disaster after the first 5 minutes but aye he was very impressive. Maybe didn’t handle Bannermans opening question very well but he is very emotionally invested in this, as well as financially, so I’ll cut him sum slack on that.

He was incredibly honest about everything and he came across as a normal bloke tbh not like one of those corporate wankers who responds with your typical bullshit.

Going into the meeting I was expecting to come out thinking the club has just gone and made an arse of something else but they’ve got me convinced. Only getting one side of the story, obviously, but it’s looking like extremely odd behaviour from the council. Or 2 councillors in particular. I don’t know what it is but it seems to be fairly obvious they have some sort of hidden agenda.

Even if the vote doesn’t go our way next week they seem confident the Scottish government would overrule the decision on appeal. However that could take a while and we are extremely fucked financially if we have to wait 6 months or so to get a decision. The £3.4 million offer also might need to be renegotiated if it does go to appeal. 

39 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Honestly, I thought it was going to be a complete and utter disaster after the first 5 minutes but aye he was very impressive. Maybe didn’t handle Bannermans opening question very well but he is very emotionally invested in this, as well as financially, so I’ll cut him sum slack on that.

He was incredibly honest about everything and he came across as a normal bloke tbh not like one of those corporate wankers who responds with your typical bullshit.

Going into the meeting I was expecting to come out thinking the club has just gone and made an arse of something else but they’ve got me convinced. Only getting one side of the story, obviously, but it’s looking like extremely odd behaviour from the council. Or 2 councillors in particular. I don’t know what it is but it seems to be fairly obvious they have some sort of hidden agenda.

Even if the vote doesn’t go our way next week they seem confident the Scottish government would overrule the decision on appeal. However that could take a while and we are extremely fucked financially if we have to wait 6 months or so to get a decision. The £3.4 million offer also might need to be renegotiated if it does go to appeal. 

Cheers for that, feeling a bit more positive now hearing all the stuff coming out but still a bit worried in the short term about the clubs finances. 

Not sure why it’s taken this long for it all to come out, seemed like it was being kept a secret for ages

I wasn’t there but I read the chairman used the Broomhill game as an example of where the club actually lost money as there was only 2 away fans at the game. 

Yes Mr chairman, but what about the Hibs game in the next round? Did we lose money there?

So it’s a one-off payment, but no regular income going forwards?

In which case, we still need to take other steps to become financially sustainable (like getting rid of Gardiner), otherwise we’re just kicking the can £3m further down the road.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I wasn’t there but I read the chairman used the Broomhill game as an example of where the club actually lost money as there was only 2 away fans at the game. 

Yes Mr chairman, but what about the Hibs game in the next round? Did we lose money there?

Yeah he did make that comment. He didn’t speak much, thankfully, but it was full of shite jokes mostly. The worst one was directed toward Keith Haggart about there being loads of folk in the highlander room for once. I mean, read the fucking room mate.

11 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

So it’s a one-off payment, but no regular income going forwards?

In which case, we still need to take other steps to become financially sustainable (like getting rid of Gardiner), otherwise we’re just kicking the can £3m further down the road.

Yeap, once we getting planning approval we sell the shares in the battery farm company for £3.4 mill.

That money is then going to be invested in projects on the ground we own at the stadium to make the club self sustainable. We need to generated between £500k-£950k a year to plug the losses as long as we are in the championship.

51 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah he did make that comment. He didn’t speak much, thankfully, but it was full of shite jokes mostly. The worst one was directed toward Keith Haggart about there being loads of folk in the highlander room for once. I mean, read the fucking room mate.

Yeap, once we getting planning approval we sell the shares in the battery farm company for £3.4 mill.

That money is then going to be invested in projects on the ground we own at the stadium to make the club self sustainable. We need to generated between £500k-£950k a year to plug the losses as long as we are in the championship.

Was that Gardiner who said that?

Doing what St Johnstone do (absolutely hooring McDiarmid out to companies with more money than sense for training/corporate days) would be a start.  That's not a slant on the Johnnies by the way, it's a good thing.

We used to do this years ago, I have mates who would have company days hosted at Caley stadium, I haven't heard of such a thing for years.  It may still happen of course.

I Welcome any investment in the club but bear in mind that tax will have to be paid on that £3 million, and because the club is not responsible for the project installation the revenue could class this as a Windfall introducing further taxes.

In that case the club accountancy firm would be further tasked in reducing that tax meaning further charges.

Plus I note that the club have already hired KC'S in case of an appeal and their bare minimum rate is £350 per hour so monies have to be found to cover that.

Having said that any income to the club is presently essential.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Surely the smart play is to invest it in more battery farms.

He’s actually doing one in Dundee as we speak! Morrison that is. Nothing to do with the club.

17 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Did anyone ask if the club have considered simply living within their means with or without the battery money?

It means being a part time club.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Doing what St Johnstone do (absolutely hooring McDiarmid out to companies with more money than sense for training/corporate days) would be a start.  That's not a slant on the Johnnies by the way, it's a good thing.

We used to do this years ago, I have mates who would have company days hosted at Caley stadium, I haven't heard of such a thing for years.  It may still happen of course.

I was at an event for work pre lockdown at ICT. Was really cold and a bit grim. We've gone elsewhere since (Highland Archive Centre is braw!). So yes, I agree getting Caley known as a venue (with competitive costs) would be a good thing for you, but probably a bit more work needed to make it attractive.

25 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

I was at an event for work pre lockdown at ICT. Was really cold and a bit grim. We've gone elsewhere since (Highland Archive Centre is braw!). So yes, I agree getting Caley known as a venue (with competitive costs) would be a good thing for you, but probably a bit more work needed to make it attractive.

I suppose the problem is our idiot CEO has fallen out with so many Inverness businesses we may be beyond the point of no return with a lot of them to get them to use the stadium.

Yes, the Highlands are small and falling out with lots of people is never a smart commercial move. 

Banter aside, I hope ICT get the finances sorted. Good for the Highlands to have two SPFL clubs (and that's from a Staggie), all power to yer elbow...

Edited by Lanky Highlander