"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

59 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If its the same club simply changing their name or relocating then it's remains the same club. Two or more clubs merging into one makes that a new club, there would be new Constitution, new application to join the relevant Associations, etc. Quite a few clubs probably started with mergers of other clubs,  Ayr Utd as already mentioned, QoS as well in 1919, not the date of the original clubs' founding. Of course the original clubs are still remembered but their history ended when the new club was formed.

Yep, Queen of the South formed in 1919 with the merger of three local clubs: Dumfries Amateurs, the 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers and the Arrol-Johnston works side (car manufacturer).  So the history of the Queen of the South club starts from 1919 and not before.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Out of the young lads I've only ever seen Bray, Thompson and Cairns play, which was in their fleeting appearances for the first team.

Bray - Looks a handful, quick and direct.  Didn't get much game time at Elgin.

Thompson - Looked promising before his first loan away from the club to Clach, came back and looked like he'd never played football in his life.  He gave a WOAT performance in October in the loss to Nairn in the NoS Cup, laughably bad, although he was far from the only one that night. Loaned to Spartans and barely played.

Cairns - Scored a last minute equaliser in 22/23 at home to Morton, looked promising, a bit of a unit, and a bit of the mold of Shane Sutherland about him IMO seemed to get some games at BoD and scored a few goals.

12 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The only difference between Duncan Ferguson's The Caley and Steve Clarke's The Caledonia is that Billy Mckay isn't randomly wandering around the midfield for the latter. Sad.

Clarke didn't sub a centre back for another centre back on 90 mins. Other than these two things it was a carbon copy of The Caley at home under Big Dunc.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Out of the young lads I've only ever seen Bray, Thompson and Cairns play, which was in their fleeting appearances for the first team.

Bray - Looks a handful, quick and direct.  Didn't get much game time at Elgin.

Thompson - Looked promising before his first loan away from the club to Clach, came back and looked like he'd never played football in his life.  He gave a WOAT performance in October in the loss to Nairn in the NoS Cup, laughably bad, although he was far from the only one that night. Loaned to Spartans and barely played.

Cairns - Scored a last minute equaliser in 22/23 at home to Morton, looked promising, a bit of a unit, and a bit of the mold of Shane Sutherland about him IMO seemed to get some games at BoD and scored a few goals.

Nicholson had a couple of decent performances at left back before injury too.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Nicholson had a couple of decent performances at left back before injury too.

He did, I class him as a first team player however.  He's made a few more appearances, including starting games,  than than the ones mentioned and is a year or two older.  Every time he seemed to play he would either score or provide an assist.  He's back fully running now so I don't think ball work and back into the squad is too far away.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

He did, I class him as a first team player however.  He's made a few more appearances, including starting games,  than than the ones mentioned and is a year or two older.  Every time he seemed to play he would either score or provide an assist.  He's back fully running now so I don't think ball work and back into the squad is too far away.

Have to say I was very impressed by him when he was with Elgin a couple of seasons back. Hopefully he plays with the same confidence he did prior to his injury as he was a real asset for us in his half season at Borough Briggs.

6 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Have to say I was very impressed by him when he was with Elgin a couple of seasons back. Hopefully he plays with the same confidence he did prior to his injury as he was a real asset for us in his half season at Borough Briggs.

He's a good athlete, strong and quick and provides a decent threat down the left IMO.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep, Queen of the South formed in 1919 with the merger of three local clubs: Dumfries Amateurs, the 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers and the Arrol-Johnston works side (car manufacturer).  So the history of the Queen of the South club starts from 1919 and not before.

👀👀👀

According to couple of sources on Twitter. 

Ferguson, Bolan & Kellacher still there 

Dan Cluett, Ryan Esson & Ross Hughes are gone 

We have a new physio god knows who he is

Stuart Garden is our new GK coach. 

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

👀👀👀

Yeah, some of our fans do seem to get a bit sensitive about being called Borderers, dunno why, it doesn't faze me one bit as the old county/region is indeed next to the border (although not within the Borders region) - hence the name of that regiment.

PS - apologies to ICT fans for taking your thread off at a tangent here!

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, some of our fans do seem to get a bit sensitive about being called Borderers, dunno why, it doesn't faze me one bit as the old county/region is indeed next to the border (although not within the Borders region) - hence the name of that regiment.

Don't let it happen again, unless you are going to talk about bakeries.

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Nothing's changed, not really.

I know right & the fact that our fans have to drive out to Fort George like Matt O' Shea flying out to Romania to make a documentary about Andrew Tate is nuts. He should make a vice documentary about Scot Gardiner talks just as much shite. 

2 hours ago, Connor Macleod said:

According to couple of sources on Twitter. 

Ferguson, Bolan & Kellacher still there 

Dan Cluett, Ryan Esson & Ross Hughes are gone 

We have a new physio god knows who he is

Stuart Garden is our new GK coach. 

Why have a we a goal keeping coach but no goalkeepers

45 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Threads going off at a tangent are one of the joys of P&B, imho.

12 minutes ago, Ott said:

Why have a we a goal keeping coach but no goalkeepers

You need the structure in place first...