"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I don't really, but I've heard enough from previously reliable sources that he's going to try to stick around.

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

18.88 Million. His face knowing that figure is what kept him employed.. 

If he's taking at least £100k out of the club per year through his salary and perks, plus personally losing us £250k per year through crap decision making and general incompetence (a conservative estimate, and on top of our other debts), then that is £2.25 million over a five year period.

So that's the Gardiner Tax, then we need our debts wiped and some restructuring. Plus some money to get us promoted twice. £5-10 million please Mr. MacDonald.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

How much money would need to be invested into the club for us to be happy with Gardiner staying? A cool 10 million for me.

There's been too much anger from the fans against Gardiner that he has to go, any new investor will know keeping him will only create further animosity.

A new broom sweeps clean so they say.

Investment or transfer of ownership does not necessarily mean an immediate SG removal, he is still legally entitled to his notice period (unless the club goes under) so it would require settlements etc to be reached. Any incoming investor may also need to consider if SG goes who will take over the running of the club (regardless of opinions there will be functions and operational tasks he has experience handling) - there will be a limited pool of candidates with background in this available unless any incoming party has someone lined up, otherwise they may look at it as a better option to continue with SG to at least handover the reigns.

All this may be unpopular but nobody shrewd enough to have money to invest wont want to throw it away by diving headlong into the unknown.

Temporary replacement of Scot Gardiners position should not be a problem, I don't know if Scott Young is still in place and he would be aware of whats required on a day to day basis.

Then there are three board members at least who are retired who could step in, one of them had enough business nous to run a large company . 

On 02/06/2024 at 20:29, RJD said:

Read my earlier comments. By tomorrow morning I will be on my flight to NYC but feel free to give me your lawyers contact details. Please do this by 2am. I would appreciate this info.

How could we ever have been in any doubt about the identity of the American investor?

I've secured my #brief for tonight, in a game I think we'll lose.  I'd imagine Arbroath will be quite a bit better than Bonnyrigg were on Saturday.

Will the ticket office be open up till kick off as usual does anybody know?

I don't want to make this assumption with the way things currently are, especially as it seems no one is manning the phones in the club shop / ticket line these days. 😡

10 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

I don't want to make this assumption with the way things currently are, especially as it seems no one is manning the phones in the club shop / ticket line these days. 😡

It was definitely open on Saturday but I'm not sure if that was just for collections or to buy them too.

24 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

I bought my ticket on Saturday as a walk-up and that's my intention tonight

1 hour ago, Buzz Killington said:

It might have some naughty words on it.

Like "Gardiner out" or "Ferguson out"

It was a flag bought from the club shop last year.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Anybody know why the club appear to no longer be allowing kids to take flags into the games anymore?

Gardiner's fragile ego I'd imagine. Same reason that the teens were the only group not to get some reduction on ST prices this season probably. 

51 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It was a flag bought from the club shop last year.

That's wild 🤣 "Here buy a flag from the shop great way to show support".

"Oh wait sorry you can't bring it in on match day guess you'll have to hang it from a window or something"  Jesus christ.

Edited by Connor Macleod