"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that's been his plan all along.

He built that beautiful house next to Nairn Golf Club with fantastic views over the Firth, probably cost a fortune for the land and the build and yet over the last few years I've never seen it occupied, is it to be the house he retires in.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that's been his plan all along.

Yeah I think you're right. 

As an aside, I see Inverness's very own Guardian golf correspondent tweeted that the Puma kit deal probably wasn't that big a deal and you'd be surprised at how expensive these deals are at Caley's level. Coincidentally, the last time (admittedly a wee while ago) I spotted Ewan Murray in Inverness he was with Scot Gardiner. 

Edited by yoda

I guess this is what AS was meaning when he said we were going into administration 'in control' or as the administrator said ' with stability'. 

Crazy how an administrator can talk more sense in 15 minutes than Gardiner did in 5 years. 

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

Yeah I think you're right. 

As an aside, I see Inverness's very own Guardian golf correspondent tweeted that the Puma kit deal probably wasn't that big a deal and you'd be surprised at how expensive these deals are at Caley's level. Coincidentally, the last time (admittedly a wee while ago) I spotted Ewan Murray in Inverness he was with Scot Gardiner. 

They weren't in Murray's favourite haunt The Corriegarth per chance?  Christie and Savage both confirmed it was £125,000 a year for 4 years so Murray is talking about his fat arse, as per always.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

He built that beautiful house next to Nairn Golf Club with fantastic views over the Firth, probably cost a fortune for the land and the build and yet over the last few years I've never seen it occupied, is it to be the house he retires in.

Not if he knows you've been hanging about it.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They weren't in Murray's favourite haunt The Corriegarth per chance?  Christie and Savage both confirmed it was £125,000 a year for 4 years so Murray is talking about his fat arse, as per always.

No, across the road. Which, on reflection, is a bit amusing given all the bad blood that has developed between Gardiner and Savage. 

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The "stability" appears to be based on firing a bunch of people and Savage putting money in to the admin process. Beyond that he talks about finance being linked to the people of the city and supporters of Inverness. Not much beyond that. 

It's all about reducing the deficit, and at the moment the quickest way is to reduce the wage bill and put money in.  The cutting of cloth can't take place at the moment as the club is tied up in too many contracts of more than 1 year in length; the kit deal, Ferguson and Bollan's deals etc.  The income streams with local businesses he mentions are way down the line yet IMO.

Unless the administrators, Savage or Christie can persuade Puma to rip the deal up, we're paying 6 figures for the strips for the next 4 years.  Probably more than double the next highest kit deal in the division.

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The "stability" appears to be based on firing a bunch of people and Savage putting money in to the admin process. Beyond that he talks about finance being linked to the people of the city and supporters of Inverness. Not much beyond that. 

Well, yeah. The club's in administration and is now in a position to continue until the end of the season by which time it'll likely have been bought over. What's your point?

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

“A bunch of people getting fired” = 4 folk getting made redundant 

Ok m9 

Those 4 people are still people. There's also a management team now redundant, regardless if you liked them or not. There were mentions earlier in the thread that some folk view administration as a quick and easy way out and the Caley fans were quick to suggest they knew it wouldn't be quick or easy. I'm not sure trivialising the fact that only a few people have lost their job so far is a good look. There might also be further redundancies if investment isn't forthcoming. 

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's all about reducing the deficit, and at the moment the quickest way is to reduce the wage bill and put money in. 

Exactly - reduce costs and increase revenue to start balancing.

Not sure what the P&B financial experts are thinking should happen - sack everybody so there's no costs (therefore no business) or that its bought instantly (like an ebay BIN) or investors chuck cash in on day one. Pretty sure there's a reason why the administrator is doing pressers and running this show and not posting shite on P&B all day!!!

There has clearly been significant damage limitation which if AS & the administrators havent worked through then it would be a lot more than the levels of cuts we have seen. All non football staff are retained for now and there have been strategic decisions around the best values offered within the playing/coaching structure. For Dundee fans to criticise any of this is astounding considering the absolute basket case their club has been http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/3286019.stm

57 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I guess this is what AS was meaning when he said we were going into administration 'in control' or as the administrator said ' with stability'. 

Crazy how an administrator can talk more sense in 15 minutes than Gardiner did in 5 years. 

Nah, I was told by a certain Falkirk fan that was simply not possible.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

For Dundee fans to criticise any of this is astounding considering the absolute basket case their club has been

Indeed. Probably worth reminding ICT fans that one of the consequences of administration is being forbidden in perpetuity from commenting on any other club's finances.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Indeed. Probably worth reminding ICT fans that one of the consequences of administration is being forbidden in perpetuity from commenting on any other club's finances.

What about clubs who are on the same path in the future?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

What about clubs who are on the same path in the future?

At some point every club may have needed a cash injection, or failed to win a cup, o I think it's best if nobody comments on finances at all, or even team performances. That is, unless they support Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Arbroath or Queen of the South.

53 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

At some point every club may have needed a cash injection, or failed to win a cup, o I think it's best if nobody comments on finances at all, or even team performances. That is, unless they support Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Arbroath or Queen of the South.

Correct, because Arbroath are fkin loaded and also pay there way.