"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Why’s that.

Simply because you've made the assumption that Dodds is doing well by getting to the SC by default and making the play offs.

That's exactly what his media pals have been punting.

You would do better basing your take by carefully trawling fans posts over the last months on here and Caley Thistle Online.

The average fan knows enough about the game to spot a chancer when they see one.

He has lost the confidence of some players and truth be told the Scottish Cup and play offs were achieved by the players, the Livingston game was Classic ICT of old, and not by any man management or football tactics by Dodds.

We finished sixth last season and right now we are bottom.

Season ticket sales are well down and that paints a picture. 

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Aggresive ball winner, he's decent, we're well covered in midfield though.

He's cheap which in our financial position is a plus, one salary site has him on £330 pw so we'll only contribute half of that.

However the Dee fans posts are very positive on the lad and I wish him well.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dodds is doing well by getting to the SC by default 

That's just flat out wrong

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Ah, the golden source of accurate information…

Yes indeed and I'm not at all sure how such a salary works in the context of a footballer when taking into account the national minium wage.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

He has lost the confidence of some players and truth be told the Scottish Cup and play offs were achieved by the players, the Livingston game was Classic ICT of old, and not by any man management or football tactics by Dodds.

We did change tactics, and shape, in most of those games. So maybe it's the the tactics the rest of the time the players have a problem with.

I hope Max Anderson's loan is a good deal for all three parties. He got a new 2 year contract in June so I assume he still has a future at Dens if he has a good season. I think that if he can get regular game time in the Championship he could improve enough to make a decent Premiership player. I rate him a bit higher than other Dees seem to. He's an energetic box to box midfielder who can make things happen. If the team's set up right he can provide some goal threat. So I wish good luck to everyone concerned.

20 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I hope Max Anderson's loan is a good deal for all three parties. He got a new 2 year contract in June so I assume he still has a future at Dens if he has a good season. I think that if he can get regular game time in the Championship he could improve enough to make a decent Premiership player. I rate him a bit higher than other Dees seem to. He's an energetic box to box midfielder who can make things happen. If the team's set up right he can provide some goal threat. So I wish good luck to everyone concerned.

I’m in your camp Syd. I really like young Max. It’s been difficult for our young lads. Frequent managerial changes and either playing in a really struggling premier team or in a team where instant promotion is required at all costs. Hope he does well for Caley. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I’m in your camp Syd. I really like young Max. It’s been difficult for our young lads. Frequent managerial changes and either playing in a really struggling premier team or in a team where instant promotion is required at all costs. Hope he does well for Caley. 

Not to turn this in to the Dundee thread at ICT expense but I agree with this spud. Also that we have 4 young players all effectively fighting for spots in which they really do require experience around them. He is clearly the one with the least natural ability out of the 4 (in my opinion anyway)

I'm hoping the regular game time with ICT will help improve him and benefit all 3 parties like Syd said previously - it's a good club to get experience with.

7 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I mean mean we still have Gilmour, Carson, Hyde, Bray and Harper( if we get another defender) that can all play in the middle.

Would be a pointless signing, when everyone else can see centre back and right wing, is where welack quality 

In all fairness we badly need another midfielder along with a RW and CB. Carson is struggling to adjust back into midfield good chance he'll be put back into RB if Davidson keeps up his mistakes. 

Gilmour just ain't cutting it been almost like a passenger since the league started not the replacement to Allardice we hoped. 

Hyde is not ready to be a regular starter at this level squad player at best. 

Bray has been amazing since breaking into the 1st team but he's still an inexperienced 17 year old boy can't be putting to much pressure on him it's important his game time is managed accordingly. 

Unless Delaney starts to play at LB or we sign another CB who can also play LB then i doubt Harper will be spending a lot of time in midfield which is frustrating because that's where he thrives. 

So if we're signing another midfielder it's probably not a bad move.

1 hour ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

In all fairness we badly need another midfielder along with a RW and CB. Carson is struggling to adjust back into midfield good chance he'll be put back into RB if Davidson keeps up his mistakes. 

Gilmour just ain't cutting it been almost like a passenger since the league started not the replacement to Allardice we hoped. 

Hyde is not ready to be a regular starter at this level squad player at best. 

Bray has been amazing since breaking into the 1st team but he's still an inexperienced 17 year old boy can't be putting to much pressure on him it's important his game time is managed accordingly. 

Unless Delaney starts to play at LB or we sign another CB who can also play LB then i doubt Harper will be spending a lot of time in midfield which is frustrating because that's where he thrives. 

So if we're signing another midfielder it's probably not a bad move.

Problem with the midfield  is we don't have the right kind of players, to play 2 in the middle, with 2 wingers.

Who would Anderson, play with in the middle that fixes that?

18 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Simply because you've made the assumption that Dodds is doing well by getting to the SC by default and making the play offs.

That's exactly what his media pals have been punting.

You would do better basing your take by carefully trawling fans posts over the last months on here and Caley Thistle Online.

The average fan knows enough about the game to spot a chancer when they see one.

We finished sixth last season and right now we are bottom.

Season ticket sales are well down and that paints a picture. 

As you say, you finished 6th. You and Morton were 2 of the 5 clubs going into the last match that could get a playoff spot that missed out. And your form was probably the best of the bunch.  My point was not that you shouldn’t ditch Dodds if that is how you see it, my point is that it looks like the circumstances the club is in that is the root cause of the problem.

13 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Problem with the midfield  is we don't have the right kind of players, to play 2 in the middle, with 2 wingers.

Who would Anderson, play with in the middle that fixes that?

I'm hoping with Anderson adding a more attacking dynamic to midfield it'll suit Gilmour or Carson a bit better you can only hope!  it'll be probably be Gilmour he plays with I reckon Davidson will be getting dropped to the bench on Saturday so Carson will be back to RB. 

6 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

How did this delusion fly under the radar? Sophia, have you been on the drink with your good pal Billy?

Delusion?

My dear fellow, you seem to have rather overreached yourself on this occasion.

Probably best to aim to simply reach yourself in future. 

May I point you to my use of the word “potential” and to think about the end of last season when we enjoyed defending, especially defending in extremis, that was of a high calibre indeed.

With all but one of that regular back four and goalkeeper remaining at the club, would it be a stretch to consider that our defence has the potential to repeat that?

Granted we might need a leader that is new to the group but potential there surely must be to get ourselves beyond the singular calamities hardly seen since the halcyon days of Colin Jackson and Anton Rogan (I've added balance for the many Ross County drop in visitors that have us as a habit) that have infected every one of our games this year.

This, of course, is all in the context of a midfield that as presented simply doesn’t have the wherewithal to get us established in games. In fact it presently doesn't have any of the personnel that were so instrumental in our recent and expected late season success.

That's all as may be but the very best thing is that @SandyCromarty despite apparently having me on ignore, has me dominating his thoughts. If he had my phone number he'd be texting me in the early hours of the Sabbath begging me to take him back.

16 hours ago, sophia said:

think about the end of last season

As I said in another post, last season’s team wasn’t good enough and was already a big downgrade on the season before. That is not the bar that we should be aiming for.

Even if it was, saying that we still have  “all but one of that regular back four” ignores the fact that the one we have lost is Robbie Deas, who was by a long way the best defender in the team if not the division. What we have in defence this year is a massive downgrade on what we had last year.

5 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

As I said in another post, last season’s team wasn’t good enough and was already a big downgrade on the season before. That is not the bar that we should be aiming for.

Even if it was, saying that we still have  “all but one of that regular back four” ignores the fact that the one we have lost is Robbie Deas, who was by a long way the best defender in the team if not the division. What we have in defence this year is a massive downgrade on what we had last year.

Last season's team was good enough, it just didn't have strength in depth and when I say depth, that would have required to be deep indeed to counteract what was the cold reality of that time.

We lost Deas, I've acknowledged that and previously we lost Broadfoot. Thems the breaks when we have the crowds we have and vocal contributors who are sitting on their hands rather than laying down their money do the square root of zero to improve that matter. If you want to use the hyperbolic "massive" that's entirely a matter for you but for now I'm sure we can agree that far from stepping up as you might expect following our June day in the sun, our remaining defenders have made a giant and embarrassing fail of their opportunity. 

It seems to me we are in general agreement or perhaps I'm being delusional 

Just got a text from someone who is more right than wrong with all things The Caley saying that Dodds is away if we lose on Saturday.  There's also a clause in the contract whereby if he loses a certain number of games he can be sacked with a small payoff.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just got a text from someone who is more right than wrong with all things The Caley saying that Dodds is away if we lose on Saturday.  There's also a clause in the contract whereby if he loses a certain number of games he can be sacked with a small payoff.

Don’t get my hopes up like that 

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Don’t get my hopes up like that 

I'll believe it when I see it.  The worst case scenario of course is that Dunfermline beat us and he doesn't get sacked.