"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 02/10/2023 at 21:33, oneteaminglasgow said:

Alright lads, I’m coming up for the game on Saturday with my partner and will be staying overnight in your fine city. Any recommendations of places to eat? 

It's obviously not peak tourist season anymore but I'd still book a table now for Saturday night, wherever you choose. I'd put a shout out for La Tortilla Asesina, a tapas bar on Castle Street.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

Alright lads, I’m coming up for the game on Saturday with my partner and will be staying overnight in your fine city. Any recommendations of places to eat? 

La Le is a superb Turkish restaurant on Academy Street which has a lovely old bar, the Phoenix attached - the bar is pretty quiet these days unfortunately 

just across the road is MacGregors bar which does craft beers, cocktails and has a great mix of local dishes - steak pie, hand made burgers, mussels, fish n chips . you can just walk in

Up from that is a wonderful wee Thai but that definitely needs booked! 

tiger on the wall across the river (past the bonk machine) is excellent for South Indian (the fish curry is superb) 

Black Isle or Cheese and Tomatin for pizza

rocpool is without doubt the best but chances of getting in without a booking are slim. It’s expensive but always good . 

just down on river side is MacBains a small family run restaurant. Really good but def need booking. 

All the above are locally owned and run There’s also the usual chains but what’s the point of coming here to eat what you can anywhere!

Ive realised I’ve written more in this post about food than I have about any football post in a long, long time. Must be comfort eating at the weekends after the disappointment of the games! 

You're spoiled for choice in Inverness as we have an extremely high tourist influx due to Nessie.

As mentioned The Rocpool is one of the best but Zizi's for mid range is Ok and then below that you have Johhny Foxes for refreshments.

However if you want to impress and pay handsomely there's Chez Roux and also Contrast Brasserie.

I've not been to either yet, but the recently opened Love Dosa and Mumbai Thistle have been both been getting rave reviews.

If you are a fan of mediocre chain restaurants, then it's your last chance for The Filling Station before it closes for good.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I've not been to either yet, but the recently opened Love Dosa and Mumbai Thistle have been both been getting rave reviews.

If you are a fan of mediocre chain restaurants, then it's your last chance for The Filling Station before it closes for good.

Was in Mumbai Thistle on opening weekend. Complete chaos. Food was ok but was fillings were poured straight out of a pre made bag of chicken curry and onto a bought in naan. The good thing is you see the boy making infront of you. 
enjoyed Dosa though. I really think I have eaten out everywhere in Inverness! I’m not a fat b*****d for nothing! 

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was surprised when I heard about that the other week, I never ate there but anytime passing it seemed to be very busy and popular.

12 hours ago, jagster said:

Encore is great. Good selection of beers on draught and really good food thoroughly recommend it 

https://www.encoreinverness.com/

the steak pie is great 

This.  It’s terrific.    Avoid the Mexican place.  I could honestly do better myself. 

23 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Mumbai Thistle?

Sounds like a David Robertson managed Indian football team.

Wotherspoon is a good player suprised he is still a free agent after turning our deal down and by all accounts Airdrie as well. I guess with the Freeport/Greenpoint thing you can offer better terms?

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Wotherspoon is a good player suprised he is still a free agent after turning our deal down and by all accounts Airdrie as well. I guess with the Freeport/Greenpoint thing you can offer better terms?

Why did he turn you down? Was it solely salary?