"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They also seen to care more about headlines rather than results, hence the managerial appointment we made over someone currently managing in Inverclyde who clearly wanted the job, and is better at it.

Plus this battery project appeal that has gone in may have been due to councillors being reminded of the clubs last major business venture.

When the Caley Thistle Concert Company went into liquidation creditors were left out of pocket, the settlement was 65%, so if you had invested £1000 you received £650, go higher at say hotel rooms, transport and hospitality at £10,000 then your loss would be significant.

Possibly a lot of Chinese whispering at play.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

On 19/02/2024 at 09:16, PB1994 said:

It’s absolutely not an investment. You have to be a complete lunatic to think putting money in a football club would see you end up with a profit.

I don’t think it is particularly fair to say they don’t care either. They clearly do care and are willing to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to keep the club going. The main issue is that they don’t have a clue how to run a football club so decided to bring some one in to deal with it, which is actually very sensible, the problem being the man they employed to do that is Scot Gardiner.

Maybe I was bit too harsh on the directors without their money we'd be screwed im just finding it hard to trust the board was pretty angry last week as well. I'm sure one or 2 care otherwise what's the point  I just hope they're not getting fed lies or promises we can't keep by a certain someone in order to get their cash "If you invest such & such we'll repay you when the battery farm money comes in" I think we can all agree though that Scott Gardiner is a absolute charlatan con man & a lot of the issues lie with him. 

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Plus this battery project appeal that has gone in may have been due to councillors being reminded of the clubs last major business venture.

When the Caley Thistle Concert Company went into liquidation creditors were left out of pocket, the settlement was 65%, so if you had invested £1000 you received £650, go higher at say hotel rooms, transport and hospitality at £10,000 then your loss would be significant.

Possibly a lot of Chinese whispering at play.

Yeah that concert fiasco has painted the club in a bad light with many businesses in town so no doubt that's played a part in this. 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

6 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

I think we can all agree though that Scott Gardiner is a absolute charlatan con man & a lot of the issues lie with him. 

You can think all you like and to be fair critical thought is a novel concept that is not carried lightly in some quarters. 

In my experience, both in a personal capacity in the context of a sme and more broadly, those that are hired and aren't able get moved on, mostly within two years. In extremis it's more like two months.

Scot, that'll be just the one t, will shortly be presented with an award for five years of service so it appears that your view is indeed not universal. 

It's true that there is a cohort on here, including deeply unserious Dundee contributors, that take a repetitive, some might say asinine position on this matter but that should never be confused with real world actualité

14 minutes ago, sophia said:

You can think all you like and to be fair critical thought is a novel concept that is not carried lightly in some quarters. 

In my experience, both in a personal capacity in the context of a sme and more broadly, those that are hired and aren't able get moved on, mostly within two years. In extremis it's more like two months.

Scot, that'll be just the one t, will shortly be presented with an award for five years of service so it appears that your view is indeed not universal. 

It's true that there is a cohort on here, including deeply unserious Dundee contributors, that take a repetitive, some might say asinine position on this matter but that should never be confused with real world actualité

Problem is though they are right re him!!

On 19/02/2024 at 10:58, TheScarf said:

They also seen to care more about headlines rather than results, hence the managerial appointment we made over someone currently managing in Inverclyde who clearly wanted the job, and is better at it.

Was Dougie officially in for the role or is it just rumour?

If he was, was he approached or did he apply?

Curious to know how you know he wanted the job?

9 hours ago, madton said:

Was Dougie officially in for the role or is it just rumour?

If he was, was he approached or did he apply?

Curious to know how you know he wanted the job?

l've been told by someone who works at the stadium that he was one of 5 interviewed.  Ferguson wasn't interviewed, he was approached and offered the job.

Given the rumors that Dunc is being bankrolled by a director not the club, is it feasible that with compensation, salaries and the pay-off for Dodds & Co the club ultimately couldn't afford Imrie and mentioned director wasnt keen on that route?

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Given the rumors that Dunc is being bankrolled by a director not the club, is it feasible that with compensation, salaries and the pay-off for Dodds & Co the club ultimately couldn't afford Imrie and mentioned director wasnt keen on that route?

That's a fair point tbh. I had just assumed they were starstruck? 

Anyone know if Robbo and Dodds still on gardening leave as rumoured? 

With not much more than a starting eleven able to be deployed today, a point away from home, bravely salvaged by a blossoming player, was a decent late winter outcome that allows for a spring forward in a run of fixtures that offer grounds for home comforts. 

2 hours ago, sophia said:

With not much more than a starting eleven able to be deployed today, a point away from home, bravely salvaged by a blossoming player, was a decent late winter outcome that allows for a spring forward in a run of fixtures that offer grounds for home comforts. 

I’ll have some of whatever medication you’re on Sophia.

Missed the nail by about a kilometre as usual.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seems there were a number of Gardiner out chants at the game today? 

Yeah, started just before we equalised and then continued onto the final whistle. I can’t remember any before that though. 
He’ll have convinced himself they were positive though 

18 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Yeah, started just before we equalised and then continued onto the final whistle. I can’t remember any before that though. 
He’ll have convinced himself they were positive though 

18 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I’ll have some of whatever medication you’re on Sophia.

Missed the nail by about a kilometre as usual.

I'm not at all sure what you are getting at. 

We finished yesterday better off with respect to all of our nearest rivals and no worse as compared to the bottom club. If that is repeated every game day from now until the end of the season I'd be satisfied.