"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Whilst not at all wishing to indulge in gossipy prurience, one couldn't but help notice who took a step back just before the show of solidarity with the shirt following the first goal against Arbroath Morton.

If there is such an issue I'm very confident that the club management will once again show the wisdom of Solomon and resolve this without undue delay 

Edited by sophia
isn't it obvious

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

Whilst not at all wishing to indulge in gossipy prurience, one couldn't but help notice who took a step back just before the show of solidarity with the shirt following the first goal against Arbroath.

If there is such an issue I'm very confident that the club management will once again show the wisdom of Solomon and resolve this without undue delay 

?

19 hours ago, sophia said:

Whilst not at all wishing to indulge in gossipy prurience, one couldn't but help notice who took a step back just before the show of solidarity with the shirt following the first goal against Arbroath Morton.

Kirk Broadfoot?

7 hours ago, Girth said:

Miles Storey is a bizarre player. 

I was unconvinced by him (up until yesterday) where he suddenly had the game of his life and scored a belter. 

I've always rated him.

Did great in his first spell with us then it was the old Inverness curse sign for another club in Scotland and you flop

13 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

I've always rated him.

Did great in his first spell with us then it was the old Inverness curse sign for another club in Scotland and you flop

He was everywhere yesterday. Really put a shift in and has started to get more of an end product. 

Slowly becoming a fans’ favourite. 

On 06/11/2021 at 11:24, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Think Duffy has done alright since he's come into the side. 

Duffy is absolute garbage. He was fine against Partick but that was mainly down to them barely getting out of their own half.

5 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Duffy is absolute garbage. He was fine against Partick but that was mainly down to them barely getting out of their own half.

I’ve only seen him against Raith this season and every attack for Raith seemed to come down that side. Don’t think he’s upto it unfortunately 

An Ayr fan after the game last week made a point and I've been pondering it since; we seem to have a squad of good players and more strength in depth this year.  We also seem to know who our best players are, but have we worked out what the best roles for all the players are yet?  For example, what role does Sutherland have in this team?  A winger?  A target man?  A number ten?  Aaron Doran feels in a similar boat along with Roddy MacGregor.  I think we'd all be in agreement that Mckay is our best striker by miles but how do we utilise him?  Lumping balls into the box was never his forte even at his peak.  Were we a better team with Sutherland and Duku up-front?  Possibly, though the former's form has plummeted off a cliff in the last month or so.  Can we play the same system with Mckay and Sutherland?  I'm not sure.

I'm a fan obviously and not a manager and I could toss around various formations but with this present crisis, and yes to me it is one with three draws and two losses in the last five games giving 3 points out of a possible 15, it is obvious that Billy Dodds has to sort this mess out soon otherwise the slide continues, to me with all the 1-0 wins earlier in the season it was clear we lacked firepower so he swapped Duku for Mackay, other than the Elgin game this has not produced the goods and results we need. As mentioned in an earlier post we have good players in the squad which should have seen off Dunfermline yesterday with some ease and yet we lost.

29 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm a fan obviously and not a manager and I could toss around various formations but with this present crisis, and yes to me it is one with three draws and two losses in the last five games giving 3 points out of a possible 15, it is obvious that Billy Dodds has to sort this mess out soon otherwise the slide continues, to me with all the 1-0 wins earlier in the season it was clear we lacked firepower so he swapped Duku for Mackay, other than the Elgin game this has not produced the goods and results we need. As mentioned in an earlier post we have good players in the squad which should have seen off Dunfermline yesterday with some ease and yet we lost.

I don’t think anybody could argue with you about it being a crisis if we are looking to get promoted. I don’t think the issue is swapping Duku with Mckay though. At least Mckay is scoring with the very limited service he is getting.

We are a total shambles defensively, which you could say isn’t exactly a surprise considering we have a centre back pairing of Broadfoot and Devine, a centre mid at right back (no matter if he is decent there) and a centre back at left back.

Im not sure if it would help but maybe going three at the back and put Harper in at left wing back and push Carson further forward could be an option.

Tom Walsh is also fucking dreadful so get him a prolonged period on the bench too please.

Edited by PB1994