"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Ideally we need a second striker who has the potential to replace Billy Mckay in a couple of years - he probably doesn't have much more than that left in him as a starting, high energy striker. Oakley doesn't really fit that mould and the notion that we need a target man to offer 'something different' and 'get us up the park' is a bit outdated. I don't think Oakley really has that dawg in him either.

26 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Oakley away, I know he hadn’t been playing much but didn’t expect this.

That's a bit of good news for both parties and whereas I wish good luck to him, thoughts of bon voyage don't come with a heavy heart.

He clearly wasn't ever likely to provide the goals that are craved and so it's up to whoever gets the chance to grab it

Aye this just makes sense for everyone. He didn’t look anywhere near good enough this time around in the very few appearances he got.

Hopefully he can go off and get regular football and we get a replacement is as Billy is the only fit striker we have at the club. 

13 hours ago, approximately dave said:

I think this was the only way we were going to bring someone else in who's not on loan.

It does leave us light up front at the moment.

Last time I spoke to him Shane said he would be back in January or February, I assume he meant in training.

Looking at the PFA availability list there are four strikers out of contract, including Billy King.

As a team we are light on scoring goals overall, slightly masked by the 10 in two games recently. Oakley unfortunately never worked out, but we are rather reliant on BM. Fingers crossed we are getting guys back or there is a loan lined up from a fringe Premiership player.

We look worryingly close to one injury away from being impotent infront of goal although whether keeping Oakley changed that is debatable.

Edited by bdu98196

I imagine we’ll be taking another attacker in even if Samuels is fit again. Easy to name former players but Marley Watkins has only played 222 minutes for Aberdeen this season and has missed just 1 game through injury so clearly not favoured at Aberdeen.

Edited by NorthStand10