Incident at London Bridge

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Throbber is probably changing a contact in his phone to Nelson Mandela and getting him to text saying how much of a stand up guy he is.

Surely getting a text from a terrorist sympathiser would weaken his position further?

So, one of the Islamic extremist London attackers born in Pakistan, one a Moroccan-Libyan. The Islamic extremist Manchester bomber bred by Libyan refugees. Three of the four Islamic extremist 7/7 bombers bred by Pakistan-born parents, the other born overseas. The Leystone attacker, an Islamic extremist born in Somalia. I'll no doubt be branded racist for highlighting these points, but these are actual facts. A significant number of attacks on the UK have been carried out by those born overseas, or the children of recent immigrants.

It's clear the authorities are struggling to monitor all 20,000 people on the watchlist. There are simply not the resources to keep an eye on all of these individuals. Surely even airy fairy lefties such as Rugster and Tibbermoresaint must admit that there is now a case for instantly deporting anyone who is here committing criminal offences such as supporting extremism or committing any other crimes? If someone is evenly remotely suspected of extremism or any other crime then they should be put on the next plane out of here and never permitted to return. The watchlist would still be huge, but more manageable, and would hopefully see a reduction in terror attacks on our citizens. We'd be safer, and less chance of people slipping through the net as we have seen twice in the last week, at huge cost. We can then focus solely on punishing the remaining extremists in our communities.

It's clear the time has come to take radical action, as current measures are not working. Clearing out anyone who is on the watchlist for good reason and not from the UK rather than pussyfooting around would be a productive starting point but no doubt people will start banging on about their human rights.

There is of course a need for highly skilled immigrants to come to the UK, those who will make a positive contribution. There will always be a need for some level of skilled immigrants. However the people committing these atrocities are clearly not the skilled surgeons or lawyers that we need, and haven't really made a useful contribution, and are not willing to even contemplate integrating.

6 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Stuff

Absolutely tremendous post. One of the best I've seen on the subject in a very, very long time. Non of the usual knicker wetting hyperbole which make this place unbearable at times. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all. 

3 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Insightful

Really?

If someone is evenly remotely suspected of extremism or any other crime then they should be put on the next plane out of here and never permitted to return. 

Mastermind will still vote Tory who plan to continue to gut the Met. police force with a metaphorical machete.
Maybe May will nuke 'em m8.

I most certainly will. However you'll see that my suggested approach would give the Met less to do in the first place. Just for clarity, do you think that those born outwith the UK and found guilty of offences such as extremism here should be allowed to stay?

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

If someone is evenly remotely suspected of extremism or any other crime then they should be put on the next plane out of here and never permitted to return. 

36 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Just for clarity, do you think that those born outwith the UK and found guilty of offences such as extremism here should be allowed to stay?

Which is it?

Also, could you clarify your definition of "extremism"? Because any rational person would consider your views to be extremism. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

If you could point out where I said I'd look to deport British people, that would be dandy. Any relevant comments?

The majority of the people you reference in your diatribe were British. Relevant?

I'm not sure whether there is a legal definition of religious extremism, however detaining anyone who supports ISIS, promotes the jihadist movement or waging war on Western infidels might seem a sensible starting point.

In terms of either being found guilty of extremism or suspected it, I personally would detain and ultimately deport anyone who was reasonably suspected of it, which would include those that Muslim communities felt concerned enough about to report. If resources are so tight that there is not enough time to carry out full surveillance on these individuals then, yes, my 'extremist' position would be to detain rather than let them roam the streets with potentially lethal results. Just my view though.

25 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

I'm not sure whether there is a legal definition of religious extremism, however detaining anyone who supports ISIS, promotes the jihadist movement or waging war on Western infidels might seem a sensible starting point.

Stating that British people should be deported to some unspecified place without the benefit of legal process or appeal based on nothing more than suspicion is another good example of extremism.

25 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

In terms of either being found guilty of extremism or suspected it, I personally would detain and ultimately deport anyone who was reasonably suspected of it

Given that you have made your extremist statements on a public forum, there is more than reasonable suspicion that you are guilty.

To where should we deport you?

Fund the Met properly and let them do their job in a legal manner.

Whipping yourself into a frenzy and jailing Muslimy looking people without evidence is abhorrent.
It ain't Nazi Germany. Although I think Mastermind wishes it was.

Given that you have made your extremist statements on a public forum, there is more than reasonable suspicion that you are guilty.
To where should we deport you?

As Cerberus has failed to do, if you could point out where I have said that British people should be deported, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

My point was that it might have been a good idea to detain/deport foreigners such as the London bombers who are not British but are here and suspected of extremism. And have even been reported as concerns by the Muslim community themselves.

Theres a decision to be made as to whether this is over the top and 'extremist', or whether to appease the lefties and just let them carry on with not enough resources to properly monitor them. I have my safety first view, and you have your alternative view. We've seen what happens with the latter, or do you wish to contest this?

Archived