9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

McKirdy out for 4 to 6 months.

This club and injured players. 

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Sounds like it could be a bit more serious than just an injury going by some of the wording being used. 

Yeah, the statement was a bit odd - almost suggesting that something very serious has emerged via the pre season medical checks. 

I will be honest and say I wanted him offloaded, but hope whatever it is can be resolved and he regains fitness.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah, the statement was a bit odd - almost suggesting that something very serious has emerged via the pre season medical checks. 

I will be honest and say I wanted him offloaded, but hope whatever it is can be resolved and he regains fitness.

If it’s something more serious, let’s hope he’s back playing soon. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

The problem with being vague in a statement like that is although it protects player privacy, it also invites speculation and unwanted attention.  

Thats true, but in any workplace you are entitled (by law) to privacy where health is concerned.

Football tends to tell us when its (for example) a groin strain or an ACL - a "sports type" injury. 

Its possible that something has shown up, he is still getting additional tests, and the club (and he) dont want to say until they know for sure what the script is.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

The problem with being vague in a statement like that is although it protects player privacy, it also invites speculation and unwanted attention.  

Agreed. I'd have made something up - something that denies the possibility of any further speculation. 

For example: "Young Harry McKirdy has signed up for Wagner, and is currently secreted in a dark Belarussian dungeon, assigned a mid-level role in Prigozhin's official bunion-rubbing team. He is expected back in 8-9 months."

GK: Wolocott / Marshall/Boruc

RB: Miller / Megwa/Cadden/Delferierre/Campbell
CB: Fish / Rocky
CB: Hanlon / Kenneh / Delferierre
LB: Obita / Stevenson

CDM: Jeggo / Levitt
CM: JDH / Campbell
CM: Newell / Hendo

RW: Boyle / McKirdy
LW: Youan / Mackay
CF: ALF / Melkersen / Doidge

Loan:
Tait /McLelland/O'Connor/Aiken/M Johnson/E Johnson

Still 4 to swap out I reckon. Getting there slowly. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

31 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Another striker and a centre-back please. 

Yeah fully agree.

Myko the obvious one, but we do currently have ALF, Doidge and Melkerson lurking around there. Wouldn't be the end of the world going into the season with those options but not inspiring too much confidence either. Could also move Youann or Boyle out of position to play there I guess, but less ideal than having a reliable 9.

But maybe CB is actually more important, we don't really have any depth there beyond Hanlon or Rocky, depending who's on the bench. Jacob Blaney I suppose is one and I wouldn't be opposed to him being introduced but I don't really know much of his situation. Getting in someone on a permanent would be excellent, ideally middle of the experience range to balance it out between our young crop and Hanlon, but there's probably only so much budget we have. 

16 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I see you’ve signed Fish for another season. 
Good signing that.

Another centre half, a right back & a first choice centre half and you’ve got a good starting X1

Take it you mean a first choice Centre Forward?

I think we still need more midfield cover and I hope Marshall doesnt keep the No1 spot as he was a weak link 2nd half of last season.

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Take it you mean a first choice Centre Forward?

I think we still need more midfield cover and I hope Marshall doesnt keep the No1 spot as he was a weak link 2nd half of last season.

Yes, sorry, I did.

Centre forward. No idea why I typed centre half.

Then again if you’re relying on Hanlon alongside Fish, then maybe I’m right