17 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Why?

Is the formula for this opinion: It seems like lots of money + we're shite = he should be sacked?

That's not what's happened though. They haven't ran up debt. They've spent the money in the bank and as a result made an operating loss. 

Do we really need to pay a chief executive that amount of money? 

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Why?

Is the formula for this opinion: It seems like lots of money + we're shite = he should be sacked?

That's not what's happened though. They haven't ran up debt. They've spent the money in the bank and as a result made an operating loss. 

If they haven't run up debt, then what are they converting to equity?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If they haven't run up debt, then what are they converting to equity?

Loans they gave the club previously. Remember these accounts are for a 12 month period that ended 8 months ago. 

Foley + Debt to equity conversion + Player sales (Melkersen etc) = losses wiped out and club profitable now. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Loans they gave the club previously. Remember these accounts are for a 12 month period that ended 8 months ago. 

Foley + Debt to equity conversion + Player sales (Melkersen etc) = losses wiped out and club profitable now. 

So, what do you call a loan that you haven't paid back if not debt?

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

So, what do you call a loan that you haven't paid back if not debt?

Money owed to a third party. Remember, like Hearts used to not care about their debts because 'we owe it to ourselves'.

Don't Remember? Here:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/vladimir-romanov-to-cut-hearts-debt-by-ps10m-1699247

Edited by Tommy Tappin

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Money owed to a third party. Remember, like Hearts used to not care about their debts because 'we owe it to ourselves'.

Don't Remember? Here:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/vladimir-romanov-to-cut-hearts-debt-by-ps10m-1699247

Oh my God.

You've gone full Vladsheep.

Craigkillie's post was entirely accurate. Your denial of simple fact is very Charlie Mann.

On 04/02/2024 at 19:09, GreenGray said:

I think he posts more about us than he does his own team.

Can’t confirm because I don’t look at their thread as I am not obsessed or remotely arsed.

You obviously haven’t seen his multiple contributions on any Aberdeen thread.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what the issue is if the owner is effectively writing off the debt?

I'm no stockbroker or banker but I'd imagine he's wanting something in return. Is he just doling out money to Hibs because they're a charity case? Funny as that is for us, I'd imagine that as a businessmen with no connections to Hibs or emotional ties, he sees a way to profit.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Don't Remember? Here:

Do Hibs really want to go down the Mad Vlad road?

Saw this btw. Not my work but made me chuckle. Esp the HiBourneian bit.

425931538_3784577435121566_4214021516089

33 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

CEO average wage in Scotland - £566k
SRU CEO - £933k
Celtic CEO - £711k
Kensell - £326k 

Christ! Hibs fans should be lynching that thief. Hibs are a shitshow and he's giving himself that while the club makes a loss.

Just now, Crùbag said:

I'm no stockbroker or banker but I'd imagine he's wanting something in return. Is he just doling out money to Hibs because they're a charity case? Funny as that is for us, I'd imagine that as a businessmen with no connections to Hibs or emotional ties, he sees a way to profit.

Sorry for being a one man Hibs Helpdesk here but yes, the Gordon family do want something in return. 

The commerical work done by Kensell has attracted investment from Foley. These two things have increased value of club. So Gordon family have converted debt to equity to have a bigger slice of the thing that's worth more money so that, in theory, they'll get a bigger return.  

Just now, Crùbag said:

Do Hibs really want to go down the Mad Vlad road?

Saw this btw. Not my work but made me chuckle. Esp the HiBourneian bit.

425931538_3784577435121566_4214021516089

I wasn't being serious, I was laughing at Vinny. 

34 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

CEO average wage in Scotland - £566k
SRU CEO - £933k
Celtic CEO - £711k
Kensell - £326k 

So a club that probably turn over about 10x as much as Hibs are paying their CEO little over double what Hibs are currently paying, if I were a Hibs fan I'd want him booted.

31 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

They're in a tricky spot now.

Foreign owners with no real links to the club but an eye on a profit, and another club who view them as a vehicle for their own ends.

Suddenly, making an arse of their fan ownership concept looks a dangerous mistake.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

They're in a tricky spot now.

Foreign owners with no real links to the club but an eye on a profit, and another club who view them as a vehicle for their own ends.

Suddenly, making an arse of their fan ownership concept looks a dangerous mistake.

The Gordons have an “eye on the profit” as Hibs announce 3.7m loss is an interesting take

52 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

The commerical work done by Kensell has attracted investment from Foley. These two things have increased value of club. So Gordon family have converted debt to equity to have a bigger slice of the thing that's worth more money so that, in theory, they'll get a bigger return. 

You just told me about three posts ago that there wasn't any debt. Now you are telling me that in fact there is debt, and that indeed the Gordons have indeed racked up large debts and used those to dilute the share that the supporters have in their club.