4 minutes ago, AndyM said:

So would I. I don't pretend to know anything about what he is bringing to the table and I would not have appointed him. But it's a hell of a hill the Hibs Board have picked to die on. However they are being helped that some of the criticism is coming from some utter Bell ends on Social Media and stupid wee laddies (Block 7) who need to be educated on the meaning of the word hypocrite . 

Who is this block-7 crowd? sound right up my street.

Just now, 2426255 said:

Who is this block-7 crowd? sound right up my street.

Teenage Ultras. Add cheap alcohol and marching powder for instant arsehole.

For all the talk about fans boycotting County when MacKay was appointed I don't think their crowds went down.  Will Hibs fans stay away if results improve?  I doubt it.

The only reason he got the job is because he’s best pals with Malcolm McPherson is it not? I’m very surprised it’s not been a pick straight from Bill Foley.

Seen this sort of outrage a few times too which just makes absolutely no sense given the players he signed at County.

A lot of these folk will be at games if we do well, there’s absolutely no doubt about it. Duncan McKay from the terrace is probably the only one I’ve seen say he chucked it with Scotland when Malky went there and he’ll be doing the same with Hibs.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve always felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of being judge, jury and executioner if someone over some private texts from 10 years past. The guy may well be a c**t but I couldn’t and wouldn’t pretend to know. 

Saying that, it seems really daft/naive from the hibs board. They must have seen the backlash coming so they’ve obviously judged he’s bringing something to the table that is worth it, I’d be interested to know what that is. 

what backlash thou ? a few people on social media, Clubs pay far to much attention to this kind of thing IMO, its a very small % of the fan base but because its vocal , clubs give it too much credence. 

Put it this way if Hibs start doing well 99.9% of the fanbase wont give a f**k about Mckay. I will laugh my ass off watching the " im no coming back" brigade come back with their tails between their legs.

Edited by Arab_R_us

13 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what backlash thou ? a few people on social media, Clubs pay far to much attention to this kind of thing IMO, its a very small % of the fan base but because its vocal , clubs give it too much credence. 

Put it this way if Hibs start doing well 99.9% of the fanbase wont give a f**k about Mckay. I will laugh my ass off watching the " im no coming back" brigade come back with their tails between their legs.

It's also been a pretty open secret / rumour for a while that he was coming, so lots of these people have had months to work out their seethe.

If he improves us (no hard), watch them disappear like snow off a dyke.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It's also been a pretty open secret / rumour for a while that he was coming, so lots of these people have had months to work out their seethe.

If he improves us (no hard), watch them disappear like snow off a dyke.

like this twat:

Tomorrow night will be my last game at Easter Road whilst that horrible human being is employed at Hibs. I loathe the people that run my football club right now

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

like this twat:

Tomorrow night will be my last game at Easter Road whilst that horrible human being is employed at Hibs. I loathe the people that run my football club right now

Mr McKay obviously had no issues with Hibs being captained by a convicted Drink Driver and even worse, a Tory Voter.

He obviously had no issues with rotten behaviour in the past from Stokes, Riordan and O'Connor and still went.

Amazing.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

What is there to be "discussed"? He said what he said, then apologised and said there's no excuse for it. What more do you want him to say?

Can you show me his apology? 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Wonder why a Dundee United fan is so passionate defending the racist homophobe.

Can't believe some Hibs fans are falling for the "he apologised" line, but I suppose some football fans are loyal to a fault.

The thing with boycotting your club? It's hard at the start because you're breaking the habits of a lifetime. But then when you find out that you can still enjoy Saturday afternoons, either going to watch a side who didn't just hire a racist homophobe or just doing other things? It gets easier.

Besides, I don't think we have to worry about Hibs starting to do well...We're not talking about Pep Guardiola, it's Malky Mackay, he's fucking hopeless, his teams are murder to watch & while certain folk will try to sell you on his amazing contacts down south it just means you'll get some loans from Championship teams of players who in 4 years will be playing in the 7th tier for Kettering.

Edited by forkboy

Fans are never happy. We've massively strengthened the right wing position with this signing and folks are still complaining.

9 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Wonder why a Dundee United fan is so passionate defending the racist homophobe.

Can't believe some Hibs fans are falling for the "he apologised" line, but I suppose some football fans are loyal to a fault.

The thing with boycotting your club? It's hard at the start because you're breaking the habits of a lifetime. But then when you find out that you can still enjoy Saturday afternoons, either going to watch a side who didn't just hire a racist homophobe or just doing other things? It gets easier.

Besides, I don't think we have to worry about Hibs starting to do well...We're not talking about Pep Guardiola, it's Malky Mackay, he's fucking hopeless, his teams are murder to watch & while certain folk will try to sell you on his amazing contacts down south it just means you'll get some loans from Championship teams of players who in 4 years will be playing in the 7th tier for Kettering.

an ist and a phobe , cancel him and string the c**t up

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can you show me his apology? 

To be fair, he doesn't owe you and me an apology. That's social media entitlement pish.

He owes the people involved an apology, and neither you nor I know if he gave that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

7 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

It's funny how the "I won't be back" brigade have no issue with "club legend" (and assault convict) Anthony Stokes and other various offenders but can't let go that MM sent some texts 10 years ago and has since been remorseful about.

Just so it’s clear.

The guy running building the team is not the same as a couple of players.

For example, I work at a financial services company, if someone had a criminal past and joined my area and worked with me, even as a contractor where they’re on astonishing wages at times I wouldn’t care.

However if we hired a new head of department who was a proven racist bigot, I would tender my resignation.

You’re clearly far too thick to understand that mind you.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be fair, he doesn't owe you and me an apology. That's social media entitlement pish.

He owes the people involved an apology, and neither you nor I know if he gave that.

Or you could read the article where the agent he made antisemitic jokes about, and the player he made racist jokes about, say they've never had any personal apology from him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2731219/amp/Malky-Mackay-s-text-message-victims-What-said-response-followed.html

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

Aye all 5 of them. Hope the club sticks to its guns. Twitter and places like this don't represent a full fan base just the ones that shout loudest about everything. 

That's what I found with the so called 'County fans' that shouted so much during our threads. Never actually went to many of games in the first place! 

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

Just so it’s clear.

The guy running building the team is not the same as a couple of players.

For example, I work at a financial services company, if someone had a criminal past and joined my area and worked with me, even as a contractor where they’re on astonishing wages at times I wouldn’t care.

However if we hired a new head of department who was a proven racist bigot, I would tender my resignation.

You’re clearly far too thick to understand that mind you.

Things that wouldnt happen 😀

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve always felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of being judge, jury and executioner if someone over some private texts from 10 years past. The guy may well be a c**t but I couldn’t and wouldn’t pretend to know. 

Saying that, it seems really daft/naive from the hibs board. They must have seen the backlash coming so they’ve obviously judged he’s bringing something to the table that is worth it, I’d be interested to know what that is. 

Yesterday was a great laugh, and it is funny to see Hibs fans squirming over this, but this is broadly how I feel about it.

The texts that we saw are completely not on, but I don't know the guy, don't really know anything about the background of it, and it all feels terribly Twitter-style self-righteous for me to basically be part of a gang trying to hound the guy out of employment in fitba forever.

It's got nothing to do with me. It's between him and the people involved. I find this whole requirement for a global apology to the whole world to be a very unsavoury element of modern culture.

This will remain very funny, however.

Edited by VincentGuerin