4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It would be a more accurate statement to say that every club has an element of its fan base that will prioritise success on the pitch over just about anything else. 

This is true, though I think most would draw the line at the driving force behind the Final Solution and the architect behind the 9/11 bombings :)

Just now, lennyzer0 said:

This is true, though I think most would draw the line at the driving force behind the Final Solution and the architect behind the 9/11 bombings :)

Dundee fans wouldnt :)

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

Would really depend on whether they played a high line, counter-press style and had a charismatic and amicable style in press conferences, for me. 

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

Ah well, in that case, I'll just ignore you, as that's patently absolute slavering nonsense.

I am a football fan and if Bin Laden (to use your daft example) took Hearts to the League title, I would long since have given up my season ticket. And I am confident to the point of certainty that I would not be the only one.

Bin Laden was/is extreme but it was used as a point.

I guess the closest thing we have in football and something to see the effect of it is, Manchester City and the Saudis. I'd argue that City's popularity has risen since they took over which has also rewarded them with silverware 

2 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Bin Laden would be a terrible signing. Fair enough he's an explosive finisher, but he'd be posted missing for the majority of the time.

6" 4  so good in the air and bombs up the wing

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Dundee fans wouldnt :)

Great example! Dundee fans were raging when Di Stanfano walked Ravanelli through the doors 

Being sarcastic ofcourse

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AndyM said:

Mr McKay obviously had no issues with Hibs being captained by a convicted Drink Driver and even worse, a Tory Voter.

He obviously had no issues with rotten behaviour in the past from Stokes, Riordan and O'Connor and still went.

Amazing.

Yup, most Hibs fan lapped up the video of Griffiths chanting about Rudi Skacel being a "fucking refugee" and are happy to sing about Wallace Mercer every Edinburgh derby. 

I totally get criticising the appointment but the hypocrisy from some is crazy. 

Edited by GreenGray

1 minute ago, GreenGray said:

Yup, most Hibs fan lapped it up when Griffiths chanted about Rudi Skacel being a "fucking refugee" and are happy to sing about Wallace Mercer every Edinburgh derby. 

I totally get criticising the appointment but the hypocrisy from some is crazy. 

remember when you were a kid and your teacher said "Stick and Stones......."  not really the case is it ?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

remember when you were a kid and your teacher said "Stick and Stones......."  not really the case is it ?

Tbf what he said was horrendous and it doesn't sit easy with me that we have appointed him. 

My main issue is with the outraged Hibs fans coming out and saying this is the final straw for them when our club had been littered with instances in the past.

Edited by GreenGray

4 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Tbf mate what he said was horrendous and it doesn't sit easy with me that we have appointed him. 

My main issue is with the outraged Hibs fans coming out and saying this is the final straw for them when our club had been littered with instances in the past.

if i were a hibs fan I'd be far more concerned with him being pish at his job, when we was with the SFA he did nothing to improve project brave.

35 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Tbf what he said was horrendous and it doesn't sit easy with me that we have appointed him. 

Well yes. And I don't think Hibs are any worse than a lot of clubs. There are plenty of examples to throw around. My point that I've said was best said by Bob Marley.

"Before you point fingers, make sure your hands are clean."

Surely if you're handing back your season tickets over Malky then you should have already handed them back for not sacking club captain Joe Newell and club hero Martin Boyle? Both horrible little men were happy to put other lives at risk by drink driving and only stopped because they were banned from being behind the wheel. That's much much worse than someones views of the world. 

8 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Well yes. And I don't think Hibs are any worse than a lot of clubs. There are plenty of examples to throw around. My point that I've said was best said by Bob Marley.

"Before you point fingers, make sure your hands are clean."

"Before you point fingers, have a look at your own Hard drive first"

5 minutes ago, SilverWolfe said:

Surely if you're handing back your season tickets over Malky then you should have already handed them back for not sacking club captain Joe Newell and club hero Martin Boyle? Both horrible little men were happy to put other lives at risk by drink driving and only stopped because they were banned from being behind the wheel. That's much much worse than someones views of the world. 

Not if your the last Bastian of morality

image.png.3c8194c5f239b53306221a4864215d09.png

20 minutes ago, Passionate said:

When did things start to go wrong at Hibs,  was it roundabout the time Jack Ross. Was caught pumping the physio..

Wasn't that when he was at Hearts? I may be wrong 

Would i want MM employed at my club? Not a chance. Hearts have spent a lot of time and effort restoring their reputation and I think enhancing it with the woman's team and community work with the added bonus commercially it makes Hearts more attractive for sponsors etc.

MM has a right to earn a living but I wouldn't want him at my club, his apology was clearly because he was caught. I'd not want my group chats exposed like he says but his were and hibs have scored a massive own goal for me here.

Even the timing is bad, they could be announced him first then sacked NM to bring some good news to the bad! They didn't even let the fans enjoy Montgomery leaving😂

Professionally I don't think it's a bad appointment,he knows the league and market hibs will be shopping in down south. 

Last point, Hibs fans deciding to stay away aren't hypocrites imo. They've decided to boycott and fair enough, whattaboutary about Newell etc s irrelevant. Things are different shares of grey and if they decided MM is too much and crosses the line that's up to them.

2 hours ago, SilverWolfe said:

It's not just how someone views the world though, is it? It is a person in a position of power and influence making hateful remarks about people solely based on race, religion and sexuality. It's one thing if he regrets it and is a changed man, but downplaying what he said in the first place is bad form, especially for someone trying to moralise.