How us would it be to get American Investment, promise of a huge new future, carry out a root and branch sporting review and find that everyone we needed was either already here or unemployed or closely associated with previous failures for the club?

Peak Hibs. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

How us would it be to get American Investment, promise of a huge new future, carry out a root and branch sporting review and find that everyone we needed was either already here or unemployed or closely associated with previous failures for the club?

Peak Hibs. 

The proof of the investment will be when the signings start coming in, Tam. I heard all sorts of chat at the AGM and from one of the Directors about us now being able to afford a better standard of player after the investments but I still reckon we'll be scrabbling around English League 2 and the free transfer markets with the rest of the non-Old Firm mobs. 

11 minutes ago, AndyM said:

The proof of the investment will be when the signings start coming in, Tam. I heard all sorts of chat at the AGM and from one of the Directors about us now being able to afford a better standard of player after the investments but I still reckon we'll be scrabbling around English League 2 and the free transfer markets with the rest of the non-Old Firm mobs. 

Agreed Andy and it's all relative. A 'better standard of player' may mean that we can sign players from Stockport County rather than Colchester. Still shite though. 

The whole point of the AGM is to make us believe that there's jam tomorrow. From Petrie's 5 year plan that was never made public to Dempster's building on the cup win which we never did and now its 'The Americans will push us on'.

The evidence is a different matter. The evidence is that we could've afforded our new management team when we were in the Championship. That's not a next level set of appointments. Like you say, let's see who Malky can attract because a 'better standard of player' won't be coming from Gray/May/Craig's networks, that's for sure. 

On 18/06/2024 at 00:35, Hoose Rice said:

I think we are in financial bother.  Cheap options galore. 

Add the no indoor training facility build after all.  This isn't good, isn't good at all. 

What's the feeling amoungst hibbys regarding the fundraising/share issue (I'm no expert) by the likes or HSL and Robb? Obviously money is always welcome but is there any questions as to why it was required?

Did I read its basically straight to the squad or transfer fees so where is the 6 million from foley going?

2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

What's the feeling amoungst hibbys regarding the fundraising/share issue (I'm no expert) by the likes or HSL and Robb? Obviously money is always welcome but is there any questions as to why it was required?

Did I read its basically straight to the squad or transfer fees so where is the 6 million from foley going?

None of us know but best guesses are:

£6m was paid in one lump we know that, and was allocated as £4m infrastructure and £2m summer transfer kitty

The £2.6m raise from HSL and Robb was to both plug the gap that our poor performance cost us last season and allow Foley to put more cash in without exceeding the 29.9% ownership threshold.

We're now trying to flog Youan for £3m but even if we do, we're very unlikely to get that money in all at once.

Summary: We've got the same money to spend this summer as we spent last summer (circa £2m) Last summer we bought Vente, Youan and Levitt. Let's hope we've got better lined up this year. 

None of us know but best guesses are:

£6m was paid in one lump we know that, and was allocated as £4m infrastructure and £2m summer transfer kitty

The £2.6m raise from HSL and Robb was to both plug the gap that our poor performance cost us last season and allow Foley to put more cash in without exceeding the 29.9% ownership threshold.

We're now trying to flog Youan for £3m but even if we do, we're very unlikely to get that money in all at once.

Summary: We've got the same money to spend this summer as we spent last summer (circa £2m) Last summer we bought Vente, Youan and Levitt. Let's hope we've got better lined up this year. 

You're doing well if you get £3m for youan, most hibs fans I know aren't particularly keen on  him.

So that's near on £10m invested this summer then, fair whack. 

17 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

You're doing well if you get £3m for youan, most hibs fans I know aren't particularly keen on  him.

So that's near on £10m invested this summer then, fair whack. 

It's defo £8.5m yeah, Youan's price is likely to be 'undisclosed' which is how we've played it for years now. 

It's defo £8.5m yeah, Youan's price is likely to be 'undisclosed' which is how we've played it for years now. 

Always keep it undisclosed if they can.  The problem just now is Hibs are wrongly seen as being flush with cash so easy pickings for clubs and agents looking to overcharge. TBH I think we will get the 2.5-3m for Youan and likely will see Boyle leave for Oz. That frees up a budget for 2 or 3 good signings.

On 20/06/2024 at 13:49, AndyM said:

Always keep it undisclosed if they can.  The problem just now is Hibs are wrongly seen as being flush with cash so easy pickings for clubs and agents looking to overcharge. TBH I think we will get the 2.5-3m for Youan and likely will see Boyle leave for Oz. That frees up a budget for 2 or 3 good signings.

Boyle away to OZ? Thought he'd lost a bit pace and was really ineffective last season. 

So Boyle, Youan, Hanson, Stevenson away who've you got left? Assume the players on loan aren't returning either.

I think Youan will go for a fair penny but the 3m figure sounds…exuberant. I’d be happy with 1.5. 

I imagine Sir D of G will try to produce a solid core instead of buying marquee signings, as his predecessors have done. Can’t help but feel that getting rid of Hanlon and Stevenson might have been a poor idea with this in mind, but maybe that’s why I’m not a football manager.

My only ‘keepsies’ this season would have been Hanlon, Stevenson, Newell and Cadden. Hire a bunch of uninspiring free agents who just know their role and nothing more. Get a couple of players who verge on the creative side but still offer relative predictability (Simon Murray a perfect example). Get a couple of top six finishes in a row, then look to build something a bit more exciting. 

Sir D of G is the perfect man for the job, I just hope MM gives his full backing. 

I’ll be pissed off if the likes of Rocky, Henderson, McKirdy, Kenneh and JDH are playing in the first league game of next season. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

23 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I think Youan will go for a fair penny but the 3m figure sounds…exuberant. I’d be happy with 1.5. 

You're obviously not Celtic minded:

"£3m? We want £10m. Oh and tiddly little Scottish team, we'll take your best player for a bag of sweeties and a comic because we're not paying over the odds"

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Long term building for the future with a shite goalie on loan for a season.

Well played Hibs. 

Just waiting for our 2 new centre-backs coming in on loan from Accrington Stanley and Bradford City youth teams. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just waiting for our 2 new centre-backs coming in on loan from Accrington Stanley and Bradford City youth teams. 

Some boy released from MK Dons we are claimed to be interested in mate.  Absolutely loaded we are. 

All hail the Black Knights. 

24 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Some boy released from MK Dons we are claimed to be interested in mate.  Absolutely loaded we are. 

We are going to the Championship next season aren’t we. 

This Is Fine GIF

27 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

At least you never fucked the club long term by bringing them on board.