13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack Ross' Hibs career would be seen differently if, at any point, he'd bothered working out a way to stop Shaun Rooney winning headers.

Did anyone figure that out? We had Marvin Bartley as a LWB in the LC final specifically to stop him doing anything from open play, c**t still scored a header from a corner to win it.

On 01/08/2023 at 18:39, Stylish Kid said:

If Youann learned when to pass and when to shoot he'd be some player. 

Boyle is sufficiently fast that he causes problems at this level.

This other guy is a massive unknown. It is undeniably a great front 3, potentially. But last season it was night and day with/without Nisbet.

On reflection following last night,  that's a pretty tidy front 3 or 4, but the rest of the team is soft as shite so potentially an interesting season! 

31 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Dan McKay on loan to Livi - we'll take it as we're a little light up top but has he ever shown anything in a Hibs jersey?

Kind of says it all that we are very short of options for wide forwards and he's being allowed out on loan tbh. Hasn't done anything of note when he has been on the pitch that I recall. But then, no Hibs manager ever really thought Stephen Bradley was worth a look so you never know 

I feel for the young lad Delf, his confidence must be shot after being hooked 30 minutes in.

I thought it was obvious on Thursday night that he’s not ready to play first team football at right back. He was all over the place against an amateur team, cannot understand why Johnson started him today.

3 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I feel for the young lad Delf, his confidence must be shot after being hooked 30 minutes in.

I thought it was obvious on Thursday night that he’s not ready to play first team football at right back. He was all over the place against an amateur team, cannot understand why Johnson started him today.

Would have kept him on, put him in DM and hooked Doyle-Hayes. 

9 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

As has been mentioned many times, LJ was found wanting at the League Cup stage last season, he treated it as friendlies etcand has basically done it again - not improving the areas where punters can see we are light, playersnot looking prepared for the season.

Theres only so long you can go on blaming "the players mentality" or whatever other shite he spouts in post match interviews - when you see the formation he put out in the first half today, its clear (to me anyway) the games up.

I would happily see him punted tonight and Jamie McCallister take over for Thursday - as has been mentioned, if LJ sets up the team we get thumped anyway.

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Would have kept him on, put him in DM and hooked Doyle-Hayes. 

Yeah curious as to why he's not tried at DM, seemingly this is his natural position. I doubt as a young lad he has the commanding presence of Jeggo or the experience/ferocity, but it'd be nice to have a DM who can ping a ball around too.

That said not starting him at RB or just playing Jeggo generally would have been an improvement on what we saw earlier. 

PS starting to regret this newly installed signature. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

10 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Yeah curious as to why he's not tried at DM, seemingly this is his natural position. I doubt as a young lad he has the commanding presence of Jeggo or the experience/ferocity, but it'd be nice to have a DM who can ping a ball around too.

That said not starting him at RB or just playing Jeggo generally would have been an improvement on what we saw earlier. 

PS starting to regret this newly installed signature. 

Totally agree and yeah that may need updated soon mate :lol: 

We've signed Jeggo, Kenneh, Levitt and Hendo to unseat the Newell, JDH, Campbell trio and those three still start.

There was little to enjoy today. Genuinely no idea what the gameplan was. St. Mirren's was to stifle the front three and hit on the counter targeting Delf; that much was clear. 

I'm still where I was though. Sure we can empty Johnson and if it carries on like this we probably should but, the win ratio chart from the other day shows that very very few of our managers  do much better, especially in the top division.

It can be argued that they haven't had the financial backing given to Johnson, which is fair. However, given that financial backing, a new manager may not get the same again to build his side and be lumbered with Johnson's side. 

Difficult game of stick or twist right now. I think he should be given the first round of fixtures unless things go horrendously wrong.