Just now, Girth said:

If Hibs get liquidated, you'll have nothing to post about...

Nah, I’ll just gloat about it for years until their newco finally scrapes their way back in to the top division. 

1 hour ago, GreenGray said:

Hearts fans before: "I would be worried about venture capitalists getting involved in running your club."

And after it turns out Hibs have knocked back some of Foley's ideas: "Sounds very worrying that." 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

I’m glad Foley is calling out Kensell and Gordon. They are responsible for the mess of the footballing side and they should be taking advice from people running a successful premiership team. 

Wow.

I think the part opposition fans are calling 'worrying' is the Bournemouth owner hoping to affect things such as the style of play.

The appointment of Gray makes more sense when you see quotes like that.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

This desperation for Hibs to melt down is quite something.  Sad to see

I'm guessing you're either too young to remember, or have a selective memory (or maybe the internet wasn't as prevalent back then), but when Hearts were bang in trouble under Chris Robinson before Vlad took over, and then again at the end of Vlad's tenure, they (Hibs fans) were positively dripping at their gashes like a broken fridge freezer to see us go out of business, there's lists as long as both your arms of things they said/done etc to try and make it happen, that's when I realised that if Hibs were to ever find themselves in the same situation, then I wouldn't bat an eyelid, and they can ram it right up their chocolate starfishes!

I can assure you that before those events, Hearts fans weren't like this, in fact I went along to their Hibs rally that they had when they went into receivership in the early 90's and supported them from going bust! I wouldn't do it again though, they can rot as far as I (and plenty others) are concerned. 

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

Our management is shit and needs put in their place by someone with an idea of how to run a football club. I must have missed him saying he doesn’t care about Hibs success. I doubt you would make up some hidden meaning behind what he said to suit your agenda so I’ll trust you on that one. 

I’m still struggling to see the downside in getting players who are potentially good enough to play in the PL. I can’t think of many players in Scotland that fit that criteria out with the OF 

You could say I have maroon tinted specs on but you appear to have green ones for sure.

I read that statement as all the clubs in the group are being ran for the benefit of the first team at Bournemouth. Your results are irrelevant the individual players development are more important. 

Like hibs u13s, winning doesn't really matter its about getting players developed. 

At the very least I'd be apprehensive. You aren't getting a bunch of EPL ready players on loan.

58 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Wow.

I think the part opposition fans are calling 'worrying' is the Bournemouth owner hoping to affect things such as the style of play.

The appointment of Gray makes more sense when you see quotes like that.

They didn’t want Monty sacked and they weren’t in favour of appointing Gray if the rumours are true.

I’d also take a wild guess that Malky Mackay wasn’t on their list of preferred sporting director candidates.

Edited by Zing.

I don’t have much skin in this game. Those quotes today would genuinely concern me if I was a hibs fan. 

Even if it’s not what he meant, the tone of that interview is terrible. 

19 minutes ago, Zing. said:

They didn’t want Monty sacked and they weren’t in favour of appointing Gray if the rumours are true.

Correct. The other rumours are that they have been trying to foist Bevan and others on you, but Mackay has been telling them that this is not what you need to get out of the mess you are in.

So Foleys toys are out the pram because the club appointed SDG and Malky instead of his recommendations as per the latest EEN article.

He’s going to struggle here because he’ll never have the kind of power he wants. 

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hibs fans would be wise to start mobilising and getting themselves organised to be in a position to save their club.

But they'll probably just do nothing. Huge red flags here.

Still don't get why salt-of-the-earth fans of Hibs, who certainly aren't the "establishment club" in the capital..., don't get their act together and buy the club. They've got loads of wealthy celeb fans who would help them out. They still seem to think that being a billionaire's latest toy is good.

27 minutes ago, Zing. said:

So Foleys toys are out the pram because the club appointed SDG and Malky instead of his recommendations as per the latest EEN article.

He’s going to struggle here because he’ll never have the kind of power he wants. 

And the alternative is the shower of incompetent ignoramuses that led you to the event horizon of needing the man’s money in the first place.

This Is No Good GIF by NETFLIX 

I started posting on this forum many years after Hibs fans collectively tried to interfere with our CVA and almost succeeded in scuppering the deal. Does anyone on here have a link to a thread on P&B at the time? I would love to see what was being said about HMFC’s predicament at that time… I assume it was all as tame as our contributions at present?

Edited by Kyle Reese

3 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Our management is shit and needs put in their place by someone with an idea of how to run a football club. I must have missed him saying he doesn’t care about Hibs success. I doubt you would make up some hidden meaning behind what he said to suit your agenda so I’ll trust you on that one. 

I’m still struggling to see the downside in getting players who are potentially good enough to play in the PL. I can’t think of many players in Scotland that fit that criteria out with the OF 

If he cares about success for Hibs it's surprising he chose not to mention it at all.

It was all about the group and producing Premier league players.

I would imagine he'd be happy enough about a successful Hibs but it isn't the point in the exercise.

2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

You could say I have maroon tinted specs on but you appear to have green ones for sure.

I read that statement as all the clubs in the group are being ran for the benefit of the first team at Bournemouth. Your results are irrelevant the individual players development are more important. 

Like hibs u13s, winning doesn't really matter its about getting players developed. 

At the very least I'd be apprehensive. You aren't getting a bunch of EPL ready players on loan.

Does anyone really think Foley invested £6m in Hibs just to be part of the ride with Gordon and Kensall calling the shots.

3 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

It seems you have completely missed the point here.
Yes you might get players POTENTIALLY good enough to play in the PL, but as soon as one of them actually looks good enough, he’ll be whisked away back to the ‘big’ club.

Thats what being a feeder club is all about sadly.

5 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Does anyone really think Foley invested £6m in Hibs just to be part of the ride with Gordon and Kensall calling the shots.

That’s all he’s signed up for unless the rules drastically change.

3 hours ago, Galajambo said:

I'm guessing you're either too young to remember, or have a selective memory (or maybe the internet wasn't as prevalent back then), but when Hearts were bang in trouble under Chris Robinson before Vlad took over, and then again at the end of Vlad's tenure, they (Hibs fans) were positively dripping at their gashes like a broken fridge freezer to see us go out of business, there's lists as long as both your arms of things they said/done etc to try and make it happen, that's when I realised that if Hibs were to ever find themselves in the same situation, then I wouldn't bat an eyelid, and they can ram it right up their chocolate starfishes!

I can assure you that before those events, Hearts fans weren't like this, in fact I went along to their Hibs rally that they had when they went into receivership in the early 90's and supported them from going bust! I wouldn't do it again though, they can rot as far as I (and plenty others) are concerned. 

I don't remember either set of fans caring much about Meadowbank Thistle fans' struggle against Bill Hunter. 

You tolerated that and your children got Almondvale!