16 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

According to Borthwick Hearts were contacted but "declined to make an offer".

Poor b*****d's agent tried to get him on the Big Yooro train, but he's landed with the bottom six chumps.

According to Hearts supporting Borthwick? Well I never!

16 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Do Bowie, Cadden and Hoilett no all play the same position BTW?

Bowie plays anywhere across the front 3 but primarily see's himself as a CF, hopefully he will replace Boyle in the starting XI.
Hoilett an out and out winger.
Cadden a LWB/LW. 

I can't see the three of them all playing at the same time, right enough. But gives us some much needed depth on the left hand side with Youan likely to be away and Jair Tavares being the only alternative to an 18 year old Molotnikov at present. 

33 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

According to Hearts supporting Borthwick? Well I never!

Indeed. I'm going with the "Hibs Observer" on this one.

48 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Bowie plays anywhere across the front 3 but primarily see's himself as a CF, hopefully he will replace Boyle in the starting XI.
Hoilett an out and out winger.
Cadden a LWB/LW. 

I can't see the three of them all playing at the same time, right enough. But gives us some much needed depth on the left hand side with Youan likely to be away and Jair Tavares being the only alternative to an 18 year old Molotnikov at present. 

I wasn't being facetious about it tbf.  Cadden and Hoilett are both out and out left hand sided players and every time I've seen Bowie play for the 21s he's been out wide on the left or right though I know he can play through the middle.

Nowt wrong with having depth certainly especially like you say as Tavares and Youan look on the way out.  Your concern would be that other areas of the team look in far more need of attention.   Guess it depends how much more business you do before you can judge it, but I'd be prioritising right back and CM

30 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Indeed. I'm going with the "Hibs Observer" on this one.

Especially with the solid sources they quoted.

Joking aside, it does not fit in at all with how we've been working on transfers. All our transfers this summer have been guys we've been tracking for ages and who we've put a lot of hard yards into getting in, chucking £600k at an attacking player just to piss Hibs off does not fit with how we are currently working, especially when we have so many attacking players as it is. It's not pocket change.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I wasn't being facetious about it tbf.  Cadden and Hoilett are both out and out left hand sided players and every time I've seen Bowie play for the 21s he's been out wide on the left or right though I know he can play through the middle.

Nowt wrong with having depth certainly especially like you say as Tavares and Youan look on the way out.  Your concern would be that other areas of the team look in far more need of attention.   Guess it depends how much more business you do before you can judge it, but I'd be prioritising right back and CM

I didn't think you were..

I think all areas of the team need addressing tbf, perhaps with the exception of right back (which I see you've called out but we have Miller, Cadden, Megwa and Whittaker who can all play there) and striker now we've signed two in the last few days.
If Obita was to be injured then we'd have really struggled for options on the left.

Hoping central midfield is the next area for some reinforcements. Could probably do with replacing all 3 who started at the weekend!

58 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm surprised Allan Campbell hasn't already been signed by a team in this division. 

He would be a sensible signing and exactly what the midfield needs. 

All the journalists have been saying he doesn't want to come back up the road.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Big risk for Campbell to move back to Scotland.

Hard to see what's in it for him unless it's lifestyle and he's homesick.

Perhaps wants to be in a country that's not full of skinhead fascists paggering the polis?

Don't think we'll get him, but Allan Campbell has a nice and plain, comforting Scottish name. Like one of yer da's pals at work he's always talking about but you never meet.

"Allan Campbell says he'll cover my shift next Friday, he's one of the good guys, you'd like him, he's got a son about your age anaw"