Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Didn't read it myself but was there not a follow up in the Herald by Steven Thomson which was more supportive of Hampden?

There was indeed Alf, penned by himself and from a player's perspective and also as a fan. McCann has been neither but still entitled to his opinion (although as a lauded businessman he should have checked the facts of the stated value from the QP annual accounts - wrong by over twice the value). I suppose you are saying the Herald printed an alterante view, which is fair enough.

What my point was that a reporter (!) could publish such a spurious and ill-informed piece about the SFSA and shape it to a ill-balanced conclusion was not the type of journalism that the Herald was renowned for.  And recyling the same pap in the sister paper, the Evening Times, was twice as bad.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15774267.Steven_Thompson__Fergus_McCann_has_a_point_but_Hampden_has_to_stay/

1 hour ago, Smokiejohn said:

Well spotted Smokiejohn. The same  paper had a slightly different view earlier in the year, trying to offer a balanced argument, but finishing with a leading question. In that review, the anti argument was led by Gordon Smith citing his insider knowledge of Queen's Park's finances from his days as SFA Chief Executive. Lacking somewhat in integrity. Perhaps that was why Craig Whyte saw him as the right guy to be the Director of Football when the Department for Skullduggery were running Rangers FC.

Well spotted Smokiejohn. The same  paper had a slightly different view earlier in the year, trying to offer a balanced argument, but finishing with a leading question. In that review, the anti argument was led by Gordon Smith citing his insider knowledge of Queen's Park's finances from his days as SFA Chief Executive. Lacking somewhat in integrity. Perhaps that was why Craig Whyte saw him as the right guy to be the Director of Football when the Department for Skullduggery were running Rangers FC.

Lack of integrity and Skullduggery appear to concomitant at Rangers FC just now [emoji6]

To be fair this article in The Herald is also pro-Hampden.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15769414.Fergus_McCann_s_Hampden_comments_are__demoralising_/
I must admit I have mixed feelings on Hampden but it does please me that a wee rat like Fegus McCann still holds a grudge against us after all these years.

10 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

To be fair this article in The Herald is also pro-Hampden.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15769414.Fergus_McCann_s_Hampden_comments_are__demoralising_/
I must admit I have mixed feelings on Hampden but it does please me that a wee rat like Fegus McCann still holds a grudge against us after all these years.

Good shout Boris. I too have mixed emotions. Honestly, I prefer awaydays from a fan-experience perspective. But it's a really difficult time for the Committee. 150 years of history, the first Scottish National team and the implementers of the SFA. Can't be easy thinking all that might come to an end on your watch. It's the future we should be thinking of though and making sure that whatever happens to the ground Queen's Park FC not only survive, but flourish. The comment from the President at the dinner event suggesting the future of Hampden and QPFC were directly linked disturbed me.  Even if Hampden survives under another guise, I wouldn't be troubled if we had to downscale to the Lesser complex.  That in itself is a better set-up than most clubs outside the Premier league. And we could afford to sell pies and bovril at a decent price.

20 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

First time for everything I suppose agreeing with something that's written in the Daily Mail emoji51.png

I feel quite dirty now

That article has brought back some memories from growing up right next door to the place. I remember all the bulldozers being in position to start the demolition work and the next morning waking up to see they had vanished. People tend to forget the role the currants played in scuppering that.

FTOF! 

6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I feel quite dirty now

That article has brought back some memories from growing up right next door to the place. I remember all the bulldozers being in position to start the demolition work and the next morning waking up to see they had vanished. People tend to forget the role the currants played in scuppering that.

FTOF! 

Like this?

Image result for line up of diggers

Just give them the usual bollocks - a quote from the footage that we've already seen - a statement about being 'capable of taking something from the game' oh aye and pop in a few stats that have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on tomorrow's game --- yeah that should keep them happy!. It's an insult to our intelligence I tell you............

If anyone in the know has any interesting team news please spill here .

Archived