Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White has come in and done well enough its the defence that is the problem . He is not a commanding gk just a good shot stopper and good distribution. Willie was not guaranteed his place back so when the offer from Airdrie came he decided to go. 

Really hoping some signings come in this month.  I take it Gus has to wait last minute as loan signings require some finance which is why we must hope parent club finance it.

3 hours ago, spider1867 said:

White has come in and done well enough its the defence that is the problem . He is not a commanding gk just a good shot stopper and good distribution. Willie was not guaranteed his place back so when the offer from Airdrie came he decided to go. 

Really hoping some signings come in this month.  I take it Gus has to wait last minute as loan signings require some finance which is why we must hope parent club finance it.

At this point in the season it is not Muir's decision to make. Queens players are on contracts for whole season.

There is no finance involved in Queens signing loan players. Parent club must pay the wages. There are no fees as far as we are concerned.

Led to believe that the club is against reserve teams in League Two, but it’s perhaps worthwhile for anyone who is against it to voice their concerns to the club in an e-mail. The only thing that will stop this from happening is fan power. 

secretary@queensparkfc.co.uk

56 minutes ago, an86 said:

Led to believe that the club is against reserve teams in League Two, but it’s perhaps worthwhile for anyone who is against it to voice their concerns to the club in an e-mail. The only thing that will stop this from happening is fan power. 

secretary@queensparkfc.co.uk

Unfortunately, the OF have more of that than the rest of the SPFL put together. And the money. I read the Big teams wouldn't be promoted or relegated so what would that do for motivation of opponents in a game? Biggest concern for me would be the smaller pool of loanees available for clubs like QP.  No need to farm out if the starlets can all play together on a Saturday. Sellick & **** TV will have the youngsters on Live to save the devoted from travelling and putting cash into wee clubs that could be spent on OFTV subscriptions. I wouldn't mind if it all led to a strong national team one day but even Young Malky must know it's all about getting more youngsters in the shop window. 

I'll express my concern as an act of solidarity but this fight needs more soldiers than the Black & White Army.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Unfortunately, the OF have more of that than the rest of the SPFL put together. And the money. I read the Big teams wouldn't be promoted or relegated so what would that do for motivation of opponents in a game? Biggest concern for me would be the smaller pool of loanees available for clubs like QP.  No need to farm out if the starlets can all play together on a Saturday. Sellick & **** TV will have the youngsters on Live to save the devoted from travelling and putting cash into wee clubs that could be spent on OFTV subscriptions. I wouldn't mind if it all led to a strong national team one day but even Young Malky must know it's all about getting more youngsters in the shop window. 

I'll express my concern as an act of solidarity but this fight needs more soldiers than the Black & White Army.

I wouldn’t underestimate it. Newco would have been straight into the Championship without fan power. Punters are the ones who pay the money and the clubs know that. The few quid being chucked at them as part of this scheme will mean nothing if folk find alternative uses for their Saturdays.

New assistant coach to replace Chris Hillcoats. Wonder what position he played.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Balmer

17 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Any signings? Couple of new guys at training I heard. New centre back and left sided player. No names yet

Two new rookies from Hibs & Hearts, both attackers. :)

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=6816

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-gullan-fires-winner-as-hibs-20s-stay-top-of-table-1-4631661

http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/live/item/19870-gullan-strikes-twice-as-hibernian-see-off-spirited-east-kilbride-side-analysis.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidan_Keena

The last loanee we got from Hearts was pretty decent for us, and I was never as critical of our last loanee from Hibs as some of our number, who has now gone on to become a decent player as he unfortunately demonstrated in our last game. However both our newbies are very young, and whether they have the physicality (they will undoubtedly have the skill) to step up to senior football this early in their careers (which was the problem David Gold had) will be my main concern. Hopefully these two have some Saudi Arabian DNA in them though :)

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

The last loanee we got from Hearts was pretty decent for us, and I was never as critical of our last loanee from Hibs as some of our number, who has now gone on to become a decent player as he unfortunately demonstrated in our last game. However both our newbies are very young, and whether they have the physicality (they will undoubtedly have the skill) to step up to senior football this early in their careers (which was the problem David Gold had) will be my main concern. Hopefully these two have some Saudi Arabian DNA in them though :)

Gold was a classy player when he was with us. Unfortunately in a time when class was too complicated for most. Bit like Ross Millen actually; clever and visonary but just didn't have enough around him. Glad to see him doing well.

Good luck to the new men. Honestly don't get the Saudi bit but you've cast your line for some reason:unsure2:

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

I bow to your superior research good reviews much needed boost to our forward options emoji106.png

A humble contribution. Not difficult to improve on news from the club. Thought it interesting on the OS that two new players got a sentence between them and the new coach gets a life history.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Honestly don't get the Saudi bit but you've cast your line for some reason:unsure2:

Tut tut. Obviously you weren't at Hampden on 24th June 1989 then?

Archived