Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Their attempt to steal a march on the rest has indeed been the catalyst for the mass defection.  By 2019-20 they'll probably be back in the lower regions from whence they came.

A pyramid is undoubtedly a good thing. Whether the shambolic nature of the mad scramble triggered by the clubs you mention was the way to go about it, I'm not so sure. Perhaps they have manufactured a good result from the worst of motives.

Maybe the West juniors will show us how to  go about the process more sensibly. One can but hope.

The motives of the likes of Dalkeith and Blackburn, and other of the early movers, have been consistently and patiently pointed out to you and you have consistently and, it would seem, purposefully ignored any and all of it to peddle your preferred line that these teams haven't, in fact, diligently assessed all matters pertinent to them and made a considered choice as to where best their future growth may be served but that they have merely looked to steal a short term march on those that you judge to have more kudos in the game than them. You have absolutely no idea of their motives but speak as if you do,  simply and persistently claiming, with no evidence whatsoever, that they began the exodus with the very worst of reasons. Not every club operates with the same short term thinking that appears to continue to hamper the Junior game.

8 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Their attempt to steal a march on the rest has indeed been the catalyst for the mass defection.  By 2019-20 they'll probably be back in the lower regions from whence they came.

A pyramid is undoubtedly a good thing. Whether the shambolic nature of the mad scramble triggered by the clubs you mention was the way to go about it, I'm not so sure. Perhaps they have manufactured a good result from the worst of motives.

Maybe the West juniors will show us how to  go about the process more sensibly. One can but hope.

Going by the assumption you are Isa in disguise, you are viewing matters from a 'west' perspective.  You have little truck with the complaints over TJ & his band because, by and large, things have gone well for your club.

Clubs in the east have always been treated as second class by TJ & co.  Some clubs realised they had, at best, been told half-truths and decided that moving to EoS was the only way forward.  Many clubs moving have no pretentions to be in the SFL but they now know that the opportunity is there, if circumstances change, for advancement.

Sitting smugly on the sidelines, thinking that all will be better for the west is optimistic but as I have already stated, TJ will try a damned sight harder for your region.

25 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

It took a while for the West getting preferred to the east paranoia to come out 

If you can't see that the promises offered to the east clubs was a pile of tosh, then you are blind.  TJ was making the same promises to the east regarding tier 6 as he has to the west.  Only difference being the west have shown less interest.  Paranoia, no.  Realisation of lies, yes

If you can't see that the promises offered to the east clubs was a pile of tosh, then you are blind.  TJ was making the same promises to the east regarding tier 6 as he has to the west.  Only difference being the west have shown less interest.  Paranoia, no.  Realisation of lies, yes

I wouldnt say they have shown less interest, lets just say a storm is coming.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I wouldnt say they have shown less interest, lets just say a storm is coming.

I’ve seen this alluded to by a few people. If anything is happening for 2018/19, it needs to be pronto. If not, who knows what influence a potential WoS could have come 2019/20 - it’s taken less than 12 months for the East to disintegrate after all!

There are a number of clubs that voted "yes" for the pyramid in the SJFA survey and have yet to show their card (or organise a meeting):

• Armadale Thistle
  • Bathgate Thistle
  • Fauldhouse United
  • Hartill Royal
  • Kennoway Star Hearts
  • Livingston United
  • Rosyth
  • Sauchie Juniors
  • Tayport

Any news on these clubs to date via Twitter etc?

Then there are the clubs north of the Tay such as:

• Blairgowrie Juniors
  • Brechin Victoria
  • Forfar West End
  • Kerriemuir Thistle

who supported the pyramid in the SJFA survey.

Edited by Pyramidic

16 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

There are a number of clubs that voted "yes" for the pyramid in the SJFA survey and have yet to show their card (or organise a meeting):

• Armadale Thistle
  • Bathgate Thistle
  • Fauldhouse United
  • Hartill Royal
  • Kennoway Star Hearts
  • Livingston United
  • Rosyth
  • Sauchie Juniors
  • Tayport

Any news on these clubs to date via Twitter etc?

Last night on here Linlithgow Rose fans seemed to think Sauchie were putting an application. I think Livingston United tweeted that the prospect of top West Lothian clubs like Broxburn, Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United leaving is "scary", but not clear what they are doing internally in response. The manager of Fauldhouse has made it sound on here like EoS entry is one of three options being considered by that club given all that has happened, but not sure whether that means they are holding a formal meeting this week. Tayport had something on their website recently explaining what is happening without mentioning any plans on their part. Nothing so far about the rest as far as I am aware, but they all no doubt know what is unfolding and I think it would be surprising if at least some of them don't put in a last minute application.

46 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Club Statement 

Dundonald Bluebell can confirm that we have brought forward our original application for admission to the eosl for season 19/20 to allow us to join the association for next season 18/19.
We sincerely hope to be accepted by member clubs at next weeks eosl agm.

Can someone give an updated list of what teams are now remaining Junior in the East. I stand to win a big bet from my old man. I told him a year ago, Lochore Welfare would be in the Super League within 5 years. The way things are going, it’s looking good for my prediction

Can someone give an updated list of what teams are now remaining Junior in the East. I stand to win a big bet from my old man. I told him a year ago, Lochore Welfare would be in the Super League within 5 years. The way things are going, it’s looking good for my prediction

Aye you could be facing off against other teams that should be 2 levels below the sl [emoji6]

I actually suspect they will need to drop the sl back to 14 or even 12 teams to keep some sort of balance

Surely it's getting to the point where it will be 2 leagues in the east? North and South?