Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, kenny131 said:

Come next season the west are basically all that's left in the juniors to say it's been diminished is an understatement. The incredible silence and lack of action from the SJFA is unbelievable had has me thinking they are beavering behind the scenes to undermine all those who have applied to the EOS. Wouldn't surprise me if we got statement saying only those with a full license will be allowed to actually move.

Think you’re giving them too much credit pal. The Scottish final is over so the “holiday head” is on!

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

The incredible silence and lack of action from the SJFA is unbelievable had has me thinking they are beavering behind the scenes to undermine all those who have applied to the EOS. Wouldn't surprise me if we got statement saying only those with a full license will be allowed to actually move.

Only linlithgow do and since you don' need to be licensed that won' happen

6 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

The incredible silence and lack of action from the SJFA is unbelievable had has me thinking they are beavering behind the scenes to undermine all those who have applied to the EOS. Wouldn't surprise me if we got statement saying only those with a full license will be allowed to actually move.

Think they shot their bolt with the collective junior entry based on the survey proposal complete with an east-west 6 and 10 superduperleague along with the moratorium on new licensing applications back in late March and when that didn't stem the tide there was nothing more they could do.

This is what I alluded to earlier. Trying to get the sfa to block applications.
I actually heard the threat was if you go you might not get in. And then we will not let you back in juniors.
No league for you feck off.
That came to me via a st Andrews source.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is what I alluded to earlier. Trying to get the sfa to block applications.
I actually heard the threat was if you go you might not get in. And then we will not let you back in juniors.
No league for you feck off.
That came to me via a st Andrews source.

Can't imagine the SFA would want to actively force clubs to fold in order to keep TJ in a job. 

Can't imagine the SFA would want to actively force clubs to fold in order to keep TJ in a job. 
As I say simply a threat with no substance.
Of course the story itself may be just as much pish.

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Think you’re giving them too much credit pal. The Scottish final is over so the “holiday head” is on!

Hope that's the case, but I do think the west prem teams need to get together now away from SJFA and come up with a way forward if they haven't already done so as the status quo can't go on.

20 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Sounds like utter pish to me.

4 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Anyone know if the bigger west clubs have got together away from the SJFA prying ears to discuss what happens next or is the unthinkable going on where they are leaving it up to TJ and his cronies

That's been hinted at strongly on here in recent days by posters who I think are linked with Clydebank and BSC Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Linlithgow Rose F.C.
@LRFC1889
EoS League Application:
For clarification, the club submitted an application to join the EoS League earlier this week. A meeting with club members had already been arranged for Monday 4th June and will go ahead as planned in line with the club's constitution.

Huge news. East Juniors is dead

I can't see Oakley applying. Their man is the ersjfa top man Douglas Hynd.
He is a 100% sjfa blazer.
Total rat of a sinking ship if his club were to move.

Jim Provan (Broxburn) is president of the ERSJFA the previous posts are sourced from 2016-2017 handbook Douglas Hynd retired last season as president after serving his 3 year term

Does moving to the EOS make getting referees/match officials easier at all? I‘m not clear on how designation of officials works depending if a club is senior or junior.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Agreed, that the SFA won't intervene. In my view, if they did, there would be huge litigation, costs, and delays in starting the new season in the East. Junior clubs can resign from the SJFA if they wish (as happened when 4 junior clubs joined the Highland League in 2009) and especially so, if the clubs give notice before the Juniors' AGM.

Jim Provan (Broxburn) is president of the ERSJFA the previous posts are sourced from 2016-2017 handbook Douglas Hynd retired last season as president after serving his 3 year term
Thanks for the update.
Certainly makes Mr Provan the number 1 traitor [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Does moving to the EOS make getting referees/match officials easier at all? I‘m not clear on how designation of officials works depending if a club is senior or junior

This was almost 2 months ago, surely now the EoS has to be above the Juniors in the pecking order for ARs

On 01/04/2018 at 23:09, kefc said:

There’s talks been had and it’s looking nailed on for the EOS to have assistant referees next season before they are issued to the SJFA East region.