Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Thanks for the update.
Certainly makes Mr Provan the number 1 traitor emoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji3.png

Could be the only case of a linesman getting sent off. :1eye

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/sfa-probe-controversy-at-broxburn-after-linesman-sent-off-1-3630158

Think the most shocking thing is the complete lack of anything from the SJFA. The membership in the East has been decimated, I keep losing count of the numbers gone and who is left.

And when I talk about complete lack of anything  I don't just mean in the last few weeks I mean in the last decade. The failure to consider the pyramid, the failure to openly discuss the situation internally with member clubs or externally with SFA/LL/EoS has cuased this. Instead of a structured coming together we have this, daily announcements from clubs.

A proper discussed system could have be arranged and work ed through. If TJ had an decency he would be resigning for what he has presided over happening to the Juniors and I hope a motion of resignation is on the agenda at the EGM/AGM

50 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Anyone know if the bigger west clubs have got together away from the SJFA prying ears to discuss what happens next or is the unthinkable going on where they are leaving it up to TJ and his cronies.

47 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Hope that's the case, but I do think the west prem teams need to get together now away from SJFA and come up with a way forward if they haven't already done so as the status quo can't go on.

Well if there really ARE discussions going on behind the scenes in the West, I'm pretty sure they don't involve anybody from Pollok. If these secret talks are really happening I find it rather surprising that those involved haven't made any contact with such a big beast!

6 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Think the most shocking thing is the complete lack of anything from the SJFA. The membership in the East has been decimated, I keep losing count of the numbers gone and who is left.

Is this a tactic by the SJFA? They know now (probably known for a while) that they were humped in the east with the EoSL in place it was always gonna be a tricky sell to be tier 6 in the land of the upward inflection (ken?) Probably thinking, especially once Kelty left, that if they just sat on their thumbs the East Region clubs would move to the EoSL and could focus on the West moving into the pyramid en mass and keeping themselves in a job taking care of whatever part of the pyramid Talbot, Benburn and co end up in. Maybe even keep a hold of the North Juniors in tier 6 below the HL?

7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Some in the west are not taking it so well :lol: Junior football needs a strong Linlithgow Rose!

Some of the following tweets are hilarious: "We, as juniors, have a unique product unmatched imo". I'm still yet to find out what's so unique about junior football that can't be offered in another (senior) non-league competition...

Some of the following tweets are hilarious: "We, as juniors, have a unique product unmatched imo". I'm still yet to find out what's so unique about junior football that can't be offered in another (senior) non-league competition...
One I seen on twitter is Fauldhouse & Whitburn are moving west PMSL

Some in the west are not taking it so well [emoji38] Junior football needs a strong Linlithgow Rose!

Was just about to post the same. If only someone (anyone? Hello?) could tell us what's unique to the Junior game compared to other non leagues (other than lack of fixture lists and the Junior Cup) then we could argue the merits.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was just about to post the same. If only someone (anyone? Hello?) could tell us what's unique to the Junior game compared to other non leagues (other than lack of fixture lists and the Junior Cup) then we could argue the merits.

If you're free, go to Cumnock on Saturday.

The uniqueness is the nature of the clubs and the kind of communities many of the top clubs represent . I'm not saying this will disappear if the West juniors join the pyramid - it won't. It might be a slightly dissipated though.  The uniqueness of, say, the current Ayrshire junior clubs will still exist even if they enter the pyramid.   It's not the grade that's unique it's the clubs. The writing is on the wall and the West juniors have a great opportunity to participate in the pyramid with the minimum amount of upheaval. They need to seize the opportunity.

22 minutes ago, archieb said:

Well if there really ARE discussions going on behind the scenes in the West, I'm pretty sure they don't involve anybody from Pollok. If these secret talks are really happening I find it rather surprising that those involved haven't made any contact with such a big beast!

Were pollok one of the clubs that received the BSC note of interest email? Supposedly some clubs were missed or unintentionally missed through out of date contacts. 

It's possible any WoSFL is being worked on behind-the-scenes by those that replied positively & those in the senior game. Get the proposal set as a done deal and then present it publicly for interested parties.

Looking at the East, the bigger clubs only seemed to sign on once it had been gutted.

The West is down 2 with Dunipace & Clydebank. How many would it take until the tide can't be held back.

3 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:
8 minutes ago, Marten said:

One I seen on twitter is Fauldhouse & Whitburn are moving west PMSL

@davidstoker_lfc
 15h15 hours ago
More
Replying to @cyoungy11
Hearing that Fauldhouse and Whitburn are looking to go to the West Region

Cannot work out how to embed Twitter!

The uniqueness is the nature of the clubs and the kind of communities many of the top clubs represent . I'm not saying this will disappear if the West juniors join the pyramid - it won't. It might be a slightly dissipated though.  The uniqueness of, say, the current Ayrshire junior clubs will still exist even if they enter the pyramid.   It's not the grade that's unique it's the clubs. The writing is on the wall and the West juniors have a great opportunity to participate in the pyramid with the minimum amount of upheaval. They need to seize the opportunity.
I've been to Cumnock (and Auchinleck, and New Cumnock since my in-laws are from that part of the world) and I've seen pretty much the same stuff at Kelty, Albion Rovers, Buckie Thistle, Spartans... What exactly is this unique nature you talk of? Plenty folk I know from Cumnock support Sevco first and Cumnock second, same as in many towns with senior clubs. Many people I know from Cumnock only really get excited by games against Talbot, same as what happens when Pars play Falkirk or Dundee play United. A lot of people I know from Cumnock are involved in youth football etc, same as in towns from senior football. And if the uniqueness will still exist, why are folk like those on Twitter saying that Lithgae shouldn't leave for that reason?

6 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The uniqueness is the nature of the clubs and the kind of communities many of the top clubs represent . 

Which isn't unique in any way.  I've lived places where welfare teams have been as big a part of their community as any "junior" club.

So as well as deserting his fellow diansaur blazer compadrees ,he also acts like a complete fud.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Were pollok one of the clubs that received the BSC note of interest email? Supposedly some clubs were missed or unintentionally missed through out of date contacts. 

No Pollok were not recipients of the BSC email. No idea why not, as our contact information on our own website and on the sjfa pages has always been bang up to date.

How the choice was made of who the message should be sent to has remained a mystery known only to BSC.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
21 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I've been to Cumnock (and Auchinleck, and New Cumnock since my in-laws are from that part of the world) and I've seen pretty much the same stuff at Kelty, Albion Rovers, Buckie Thistle, Spartans... 

Spartans!!!  

13 minutes ago, drs said:

Which isn't unique in any way.  I've lived places where welfare teams have been as big a part of their community as any "junior" club.

Really? How big were the communities?

12 minutes ago, archieb said:

No Pollok were not recipients of the BSC email. No idea why not, as our contact information on our own website and on the sjfa pages has always been bang up to date.

How the choice was made of who the message should be sent to has remained a mystery known only to BSC.

By my remembrance of it & the original intent as an opportunity as a vehicle for BSC reserves. I'm guessing they picked potentially like minded clubs and avoided those that could kill it before getting off the ground.