Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It said negotiations were ongoing, and it was October. It didn't mention some Junior regions were entering seperately 9 months down the line.

Nothing has changed from those SJFA minutes, if it has then show us.

You know everything and surely must have the minutes ?

Unkess is it just more speculation and your usual  “as far as I know”  “facts”

You know everything and surely must have the minutes ?
Unkess is it just more speculation and your usual  “as far as I know”  “facts”

At no point have I claimed I know everything, you said that.

I have posted what I know which you said is "pish" but have so far been unable to come up with anything to contradict it.

So rather than attack me, call me Donald Trump or whatever, why not show where I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You need both West and East in at the same time to be at the same level though.

Sadly, I've been crystal ball glazing with Mystic Mac. He, or is it she, predicts that the ERJFA will join the pyramid next season, alongside the WRJFA, but the NRJFA won't make it.

On this basis I asked 'MM' that if this is a true prediction, what would happen if Dundee North End Juniors (who have floodlights), got themselves licensed by  March 2020, and then went on to become champions of the East Region Superleague, and then also defeated the other Tier 6  league champions, in the promotion play-off to Tier 5 ? 

Having done so, I then asked 'MM' to ask the crystal ball, what would happen next, if the Lowland League refused them entry (because they are north of the HFL/SLL  SFA boundary, and also not within the agreed geographical area for entry into the Lowland League). I also asked 'MM' another question : would the HFL admit Dundee NE directly into the Highland League instead, as the NRJFA are not part of the pyramid ?

He/she said, "I am very sorry but I cannot answer those 2 questions, as my crystal ball has become too cloudy. "

I therefore asked 'MM' for my "consultation fee" back, but was told  "sorry no, when you pay your money, you take your chance."

From

Uncle Bob

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

I think the clue in kilbowiebenches comment  is obviously the  have to join at the same time though! Maybe his plan is to get the West in for next season at tier six and work on other two regions for future seasons? Your comments that I have put in bold are correct though.

Ok, if that’s the case (I don’t think it is) then that should of been made clear to the clubs, clubs may have voted differently if they were made aware of this. What happens if the west goes in next season and the east don’t and no future agreement can be sorted then you would have the west in and the east outside. That could occur if the boundary issue of the Tay cannot be overcome.

What a load of utter drivel.
Thr North were never going to go in at the same time.
Nobody is splitting the SJFA either,West,North and East will all still be SJFA members and play in the cup.

Sorry but that’s rubbish. There was never anything saying the north weren’t going in at the same time. There is no mandate to put one region in at a time.

Can you answer me this please. If the west go in this season and no other region goes in due to being unable to overcome some of the current issues then will the west be pulled back out? How would the SJFA operate when they have regions at different tiers?

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Sorry but that’s rubbish. There was never anything saying the north weren’t going in at the same time. There is no mandate to put one region in at a time.

Can you answer me this please. If the west go in this season and no other region goes in due to being unable to overcome some of the current issues then will the west be pulled back out? How would the SJFA operate when they have regions at different tiers?

How can they not is the question ?

All the regions are separate entities anyway.The only overlap is the Junior cup.

How can they not is the question ?
All the regions are separate entities anyway.The only overlap is the Junior cup.

They are not spectate entities though. They are regions of the SJFA. The SJFA have overall power. That’s why they are representing the clubs and not the regions.

Tom Johnston is very insistent that he is the SJFA's representative and that the negotiation on the pyramid is taking place only through the SJFA and not through the three regions if you read the PWG minutes that have been on here.
strange bit is that my reading of things in relation to the north is thats to be done between the north juniors & HL (NCL maybe involved too) without the SJFA.

In theory the sub lower PWG meeting tomorrow should simply be to action points outstanding in the January minutes.  So I review them again to see what is "up in the air".

So the 1st outstanding point is the draft play off rules. George Fraser LL now has presumably had another 2 months to get a proposal in place that is accepted or ready for acceptance by the EOS, SOS, SLFL and SFA.  In January it was only the EOS who had to run any information past their own board. It was noted by Maxwell that any "stalling for the wrong reasons" may be "considered" by the SFA board.  Maxwell also was noted as saying he would produce a proposal to allow the SLFL to progress George Fraser's "Rules"

2nd point is the group discussed the demarcation line and geographical issues.  There does not appear to be any indication at this point of objections to a move to the line. Also as the next paragraph is the EOS saying they are not objecting to everything although it looks like they are.  They then identify objections in particular to discipline, as opposed to the line (which you would think they would object to).  No obvious objection from the LL to anything !!    I suspect this will have to be discussed at tomorrows meeting, especially with LL advertising for a vacancy in line with the current demarcation line.

3rd Point is the EOS then finally woke up and kicked of about overlapping geography. TJ warns them to stop going over "old ground" etc.  Laura Dougan eventually requests all objections are "aired" promptly as opposed to further down the line.  This should mean that tomorrows meeting either finally kills of the EOS objections and moves demarcation etc, or as TJ warns the "Board Directive" (Which is his gospel) is being cast aside by this Sub Group.  The SFA statement he was hoping for before now has never materialised (I was genuinly led to believe said statement was forthcoming).

The silence from the SFA has been deafening. Let's not forget that having more clubs get licensed cuts into the existing full member's subsidy handouts so there could have been pressure behind the scenes to go slow on this whole pyramid thing that is not showing up in the PWG minutes.

10 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

strange bit is that my reading of things in relation to the north is thats to be done between the north juniors & HL (NCL maybe involved too) without the SJFA.

Possibly more that both have no real interest in pushing it forward unless they have to so that part has been parked for now until the LL feeder angle gets sorted?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

They are not spectate entities though. They are regions of the SJFA. The SJFA have overall power. That’s why they are representing the clubs and not the regions.

If, for example, the West Juniors were to go it alone and opt to join the pyramid next season ,  what "power" does the SJFA have to stop them? What does continuing membership of the SJFA offer them?

I think you’ve been making some very good points here! These are the questions which need to be asked.

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

If, for example, the West Juniors were to go it alone and opt to join the pyramid next season ,  what "power" does the SJFA have to stop them? What does continuing membership of the SJFA offer them?

They can still claim to be "junior" despite being in the senior pyramid.  Cut ties with SJFA and I suppose that option is gone.  Seems to be important to some and I'd imagine especially in the west. 

7 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Access to the Junior Cup? But then if 63 West teams went it alone the South Challenge Cup would have more teams than this season's Junior Cup, no trips north of Perth, and stronger LL/EOS teams into the mix. Would only be the name, trophy and prestige missing that teams would want to stay for.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

In theory the sub lower PWG meeting tomorrow should simply be to action points outstanding in the January minutes.  So I review them again to see what is "up in the air".

So the 1st outstanding point is the draft play off rules. George Fraser LL now has presumably had another 2 months to get a proposal in place that is accepted or ready for acceptance by the EOS, SOS, SLFL and SFA.  In January it was only the EOS who had to run any information past their own board. It was noted by Maxwell that any "stalling for the wrong reasons" may be "considered" by the SFA board.  Maxwell also was noted as saying he would produce a proposal to allow the SLFL to progress George Fraser's "Rules"

2nd point is the group discussed the demarcation line and geographical issues.  There does not appear to be any indication at this point of objections to a move to the line. Also as the next paragraph is the EOS saying they are not objecting to everything although it looks like they are.  They then identify objections in particular to discipline, as opposed to the line (which you would think they would object to).  No obvious objection from the LL to anything !!    I suspect this will have to be discussed at tomorrows meeting, especially with LL advertising for a vacancy in line with the current demarcation line.

3rd Point is the EOS then finally woke up and kicked of about overlapping geography. TJ warns them to stop going over "old ground" etc.  Laura Dougan eventually requests all objections are "aired" promptly as opposed to further down the line.  This should mean that tomorrows meeting either finally kills of the EOS objections and moves demarcation etc, or as TJ warns the "Board Directive" (Which is his gospel) is being cast aside by this Sub Group.  The SFA statement he was hoping for before now has never materialised (I was genuinly led to believe said statement was forthcoming).

As far as I am aware it is a full meeting tomorrow, not a sub group.