Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If the West seniors goes ahead the remaining juniors will have no connection to it.

I know. But if the Juniors wanted to be part of the Pyramid, you know, the thing they voted for at the AGM a few years back, then it would have to be below that. Or the clubs would have to leave the Juniors individually. What I'm trying to say is, if this new League goes ahead it, the Juniors will never be at the same level as it.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

None of it.  So what are the "ongoing discussions" with the SFA if none of the three senior leagues are involved?

More bluster from the SJFA to try and stop clubs wanting to leave, making them think there's still a chance of the SJFA entering the Pyramid.  Nothing we haven't seen before.

SJFA desperation, to avoid a split within the West..

I have no connection with the  juniors, but it wouldn't surprise me IF TJ changes tack, and claims that  he can now deliver the  "all clubs in together" position for the West Region for  2020/21

He may also  propose a  'compromise'  by saying that the ERJFA's position regarding the pyramid, can be deferred to allow for further (separate) consideration in 2021/22,  because he knows that he can't deliver a joint West/East ("together")  entry into the pyramid. 

A further TJ claim may be  that the North Juniors have reconsidered their position, and will join the pyramid, alongside the North Caledonian League, possibly in time for next season. 

Pure conjecture on my part......... with a little help from 'Mystic Mac'.

Edited by Robert James
typo error

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I know. But if the Juniors wanted to be part of the Pyramid, you know, the thing they voted for at the AGM a few years back, then it would have to be below that. Or the clubs would have to leave the Juniors individually. What I'm trying to say is, if this new League goes ahead it, the Juniors will never be at the same level as it.

I give up.

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Reading the SoS statement again it comes across as a plea for all parties to belatedly  agree to Option W more than anything else. Something Kilwinning Rangers appear to be leaving the door ajar to as well. 

It does - but why did they not make that statement a year ago? Or advise their friends in the SJFA that their pursuit of unworkable proposals was certain to fail? 

Just seems all a bit... belated.

Edited by Che Dail

So if the West join en-masse where would any parties external to the Juniors fit in? As effectively this is a new league surely it should be via application.
If they get 16 clubs or less a single division. If more a seeded conference setup like the EOS did last season. Note these are merely educated guesses as more detail will emerge as the WOSFL releases more information in next few weeks.

44 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I understood that if the Juniors as a whole or WoSL comes in it will be at tier 6, therefore level. Any left over juniors won't be at any level. Am I wrong?

That's my understanding, too, so you're not wrong.

6 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

So if the West join en-masse where would any parties external to the Juniors fit in? As effectively this is a new league surely it should be via application.

Option W is not about the creation of a new League, it's about declaring an existing league to be an official feeder to another existing league (with appropriate adjustments to rules and procedures being made).

As to whether it can now happen ...

29 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

If this West Senior League goes ahead then the Juniors will be below that. The new League be at the same level as the South League. I hope Option W can be revisited. Only the League winner would leave the Juniors - IF they are Licenced. But Burnie_man seems to suggest that's impossible. And until the West Region can produce evidence that it is possible I'm going to have to believe him. The West Region's previous recommendation failed. 

They won't be below it, they'll be outwith it. If they're junior they won't be in the pyramid, which consists of senior teams.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

If this West Senior League goes ahead then the Juniors will be below that. The new League be at the same level as the South League. I hope Option W can be revisited. Only the League winner would leave the Juniors - IF they are Licenced. But Burnie_man seems to suggest that's impossible. And until the West Region can produce evidence that it is possible I'm going to have to believe him. The West Region's previous recommendation failed. 

No need to believe or disbelive me.   TJ always says his mandate is the get the Juniors in en-masse  "all-in or none in" and as I have said before, that was a mandate given to him back in 2002.   If that mandate is to be changed, then it has to be done at an EGM or AGM.  The SJFA or WRJFA management committee's cannot (or should not) make that decision arbitarily.

The WRJFA could of course decide to leave SJFA control and become the WoSFL, but that I presume would still need an EGM of it's members.

Then it would require all Pyramid leagues to agree.

There is no easy way to get the WRJFA into the Pyramid as it stands, it also removes choice for clubs to stay Junior.

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

Option W is not about the creation of a new League, it's about declaring an existing league to be an official feeder to another existing league (with appropriate adjustments to rules and procedures being made).

As to whether it can now happen ...

For this to work it needs people and clubs pulling in the same direction. 

Unfortunately, as is patently obvious to everyone, this won't happen due to the people involved.

The obvious solution, as has been the case for some time,  is for club leaders to form the WoS among like-minded people and leave the others to continue with their separate and distinct aims. 

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No need to believe or disbelive me.   TJ always says his mandate is the get the Juniors in en-masse  "all-in or none in" and as I have said before, that was a mandate given to him back in 2002...

All the shenanigans with the north region last season led a lot of people to believe that had changed in some way, but it clearly never had. Think the reason we haven't heard all the details on the WoS so far in terms of the application process is that a narrow window of opportunity is being left for the SJFA to respond sensibly to the LL/EoS statement.

Why not?

Because as I understand it you bring in the whole wos juniors divisions 1-4 as is.  No option to for additional teams to come in at that tier 6 (division 1 level) as you upset the junior set up in terms of numbers in the division.  Thats why!

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Because as I understand it you bring in the whole wos juniors divisions 1-4 as is.  No option to for additional teams to come in at that tier 6 (division 1 level) as you upset the junior set up in terms of numbers in the division.  Thats why!

Junior divisions often had odd numbers, the bottom division has 15 this season. If Oban, or anyone one else wanted to they can register interest and be considered like any other new applicant.

Junior divisions often had odd numbers, the bottom division has 15 this season. If Oban, or anyone one else wanted to they can register interest and be considered like any other new applicant.

They'd be looking at tier 9 rather than potential tier 6 entry if a new WoS is set up.

I'm not of a strong opinion either way over whether that is right or wrong btw.

That's the issue, as it stands, Glasgow Uni or any other non-Junior club can apply as equals to a new a new WoSFL.

On the other hand, if the WRJFA were dropped in, are they supposed to start at the bottom of the WRJFA pile? Would this discourage new clubs?

A fresh start is required to allow all interested clubs to apply and be treated equally, and allow those not interested to stay where they are.

It's not, and shouldn't be, all about the Juniors.