Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Would need to be suitably seeded as if you need to finish top 6 or top 8 etc to be in tier 6 in 2021/2022 it would be unfair if you have a much stronger conference than other leagues. If conferences then teams may have to adjust wage bills etc as games v un heard of amateurs won't pull in same crowd as Buffs / Talbot / Pollok etc.

Last season, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow and Bo'ness shared Conferences with Burntisland, Tweedmouth and Stirling Uni Reserves. No issues.

Bonnyton are already tier 6, why would they be happy to got lower?
Bonnyton would stay tier 6 would be my personal thoughts, but surely current teams that are amateur level won't want to lose every week and be in a division that would suit their ability eg not playing current West Region Premiership teams and losing double figure scores.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
11 minutes ago, Shannon said:
Would need to be suitably seeded as if you need to finish top 6 or top 8 etc to be in tier 6 in 2021/2022 it would be unfair if you have a much stronger conference than other leagues. If conferences then teams may have to adjust wage bills etc as games v un heard of amateurs won't pull in same crowd as Buffs / Talbot / Pollok etc.

Last season, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow and Bo'ness shared Conferences with Burntisland, Tweedmouth and Stirling Uni Reserves. No issues.

Novelty factor of playing a new side(s) would probably increase crowds if anything, especially if you're winning every week.

1 minute ago, ArabAuslander said:

Novelty factor of playing a new side(s) would probably increase crowds if anything, especially if you're winning every week.

Novelties wear off and that was the orginal concern i beileve alongside travel that turned sides off joining up in the first place? Hard when your amateur to get players showing up to get ran over every week 

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Novelties wear off and that was the orginal concern i beileve alongside travel that turned sides off joining up in the first place? Hard when your amateur to get players showing up to get ran over every week 

It would only be for one season max, as the leagues will then move into a Divisional Structure.

One only has to look at how Inverkeithing Hill Swifts have taken to life in the EoS after their debut season when they struggled.

Edited by ArabAuslander

If have discussions on Friday regarding league structure and Bonnyton happy at tier 6 and rest of new teams happy at a tier 7 conference as don't want hammered every week then I don't see the issue as surely up to 48 clubs. If they vote for 3 conferences fine but surely up to clubs what they want their initial league structure to be?

If the final number of applicants to a WOSFL is around 30 odd then a conference solution would both be sensible and practical.  If however they are looking at 40+, then I do think that it would be more sensible to have a WOSFL Premier league of 16 at tier 6, with conferences below that at tier 7, thus mirroring the EOSFL.

The selection of the top 16 for a Premier league could be be made on current standings within the WRJFA or SoSFL.

I'd hope that any proposal from the LL would include changes to the LL relegation and EOSFL/WOSFL/SOSFL play off arrangements to ensure that there are at least two automatic relegation/ promotion places and and potentially a third relegation dependent on who if any club is relegated from the SPFL  (all subject to Licensing requirements, of course).

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If have discussions on Friday regarding league structure and Bonnyton happy at tier 6 and rest of new teams happy at a tier 7 conference as don't want hammered every weeknthen I don't see the issue as surely up to 48 clubs.

The whole point of being in a Pyramid is to find your level. If you're getting hammered every week in a Conference then you will be in a lower tier the following season where you won't be getting hammered.

34 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The one on the Friday.

"We would advise all clubs that at this time they should keep their options open with regard to “Expressions of Interest”, this in no way has to be regarded as “raising the white flag”, far from it. It is to safe guard our member clubs in their desire to join the pyramid. It would be remiss of the West Junior F.A. not to advise on the foregoing."

Unless I've misinterpreted that. I never was good at English.

With respect, matters have clearly reached the stage by which it is what the Lowland League says and does that matters and not what those who appear to support anything put out as representing the views and or wishes of the SJFA and or the West Juniors organisation.

This match is so one sided that if it was a boxing match the ref would have stepped in by now - as the Seconds have failed to look after their boxer by throwing in the towel!

If all current west juniors wish to stick together they can do so - just join the new Lowland League Tier 6 division. This will become the independent West of Scotland League after the first year or two. 

30 minutes ago, Shannon said:
34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
Because non-West Junior clubs are also interested, it's a brand new league, and everyone starts equal at the same level.

If say only 6 teams that are non Junior with majority ex Juniors and they are happy with 2 eg Glasgow Uni and Bonmyton in tier 6 plus others in a suitable tier below then surely could do that. Ex amateur clubs won't compete with Talbot, Pollok and the Buffs and would be happier playing eg Gartcairn or Lanark surely..?

Yes.

Gets teams straight in at a roughly appropriate level, and avoids even one season of HOB-Tweedmouth 16-0 style humpings.

Any club found to be 'misplaced' will soon enough find their level through the normal promotion-relegation process.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If the final number of applicants to a WOSFL is around 30 odd then a conference solution would both be sensible and practical.  If however they are looking at 40+, then I do think that it would be more sensible to have a WOSFL Premier league of 16 at tier 6, with conferences below that at tier 7, thus mirroring the EOSFL.

The selection of the top 16 for a Premier league could be be made on current standings within the WRJFA or SoSFL.

I'd hope that any proposal from the LL would include changes to the LL relegation and EOSFL/WOSFL/SOSFL play off arrangements to ensure that there are at least two automatic relegation/ promotion places and and potentially a third relegation dependent on who if any club is relegated from the SPFL  (all subject to Licensing requirements, of course).

All 16 clubs are not going to apply. This West Region model WILL split the clubs. Most of the audience at the Largs meeting fell for their charm as Largs don't have £90K to spend just on floodlights.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes.

With WoS coming on stream, LL must have two auto relegation places.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

All 16 clubs are not going to apply. This West Region model WILL split the clubs. Most of the audience at the Largs meeting fell for their charm as Largs don't have £90K to spend just on floodlights.

I wasn't suggesting that the whole of the 16 clubs in the WRJFA Premier league would apply.  Let's say that 12 do apply, then I'd take that 12, the next two highest placed placed applicants from the championship, plus say a couple from the current tier 6 SoSFL if they are interested. Obviously the numbers would be flexible. 

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Even under the West Region model floodlights are a requirement for a licence.

If the LL ends up with 40+ applicants, then I can see it rising to 60 with a bit of flexibility on the closing date, as clubs don't want to be left behind.

At around 30 clubs leaving, then a viable West Junior league could be sustained. Once you get to 40+, then it becomes marginal for those clubs who are left.

There is a risk that clubs could fold or go amateur if what is left is insufficient to maintain a viable league.

20 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If have discussions on Friday regarding league structure and Bonnyton happy at tier 6 and rest of new teams happy at a tier 7 conference as don't want hammered every week then I don't see the issue as surely up to 48 clubs. If they vote for 3 conferences fine but surely up to clubs what they want their initial league structure to be?

Yes