Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Why do all Clubs that join WOSFL have to be on an equal footing in conferences? 
Why can't League positions be used as a guide? 
The EOS conferences used a seeding system in allocating teams to each conference. No reason the WOSFL couldn't do the same.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

Are you off your head - 95% of what I've wrote these past couple of weeks has been for this new League. Now and then I do get sarcastic though.

That's why I've been surprised by this recent little turn of events - you seemed to be fully on board with the new league but your recent posts suggest a bit of doubt creeping in as a result of Gordon Ronney's "charm offensive".

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
Believe what - they advised the clubs to register an interest? Yes - it's in their email.
Believe Kilbirnie and Winton registered an interest? Yes - they would be failing their clubs otherwise. It also gives them access to the WoSL meeting.

In what email ?

The one on the Friday.

"We would advise all clubs that at this time they should keep their options open with regard to “Expressions of Interest”, this in no way has to be regarded as “raising the white flag”, far from it. It is to safe guard our member clubs in their desire to join the pyramid. It would be remiss of the West Junior F.A. not to advise on the foregoing."

Unless I've misinterpreted that. I never was good at English.

Because non-West Junior clubs are also interested, it's a brand new league, and everyone starts equal at the same level.
If say only 6 teams that are non Junior with majority ex Juniors and they are happy with 2 eg Glasgow Uni and Bonmyton in tier 6 plus others in a suitable tier below then surely could do that. Ex amateur clubs won't compete with Talbot, Pollok and the Buffs and would be happier playing eg Gartcairn or Lanark surely..?

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This supposed maximum number is not formalised in any way, it seems to have come from a discussion at a previous PWG meeting and appears to have been plucked out of thin air by Maxwell or Petrie.

Right okay. More just a guideline that they can't enforce in anyway. Like them wanting to curb the HL to 16.

In two seasons you could easily have at Tier 6:

WOS (16) - EOS (16) - SOS (14) - North Caley (12) and North (or amalgamated NE) Super (16), which would be 74. Well over that.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's why I've been surprised by this recent little turn of events - you seemed to be fully on board with the new league but your recent posts suggest a bit of doubt creeping in as a result of Gordon Ronney's "charm offensive".

If I think something has been said is wrong I will say it. It doesn't matter which side of the argument it is. I am the Andrew Neil of Junior football.

There won't be a "bottom conference". They would all be equal.
Would need to be suitably seeded as if you need to finish top 6 or top 8 etc to be in tier 6 in 2021/2022 it would be unfair if you have a much stronger conference than other leagues.

If conferences then teams may have to adjust wage bills etc as games v un heard of amateurs won't pull in same crowd as Buffs / Talbot / Pollok etc.

13 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Why do all Clubs that join WOSFL have to be on an equal footing in conferences? 

Why can't League positions be used as a guide? 

it should be but then again some clubs outside of junior football will also apply and they will go in at what is deemed as acceptable for their team/club.
I'm getting a feeling that it will be two divisions, conference A and B in the first year, 2020/21, top 6 of each conference division  will make up the tier 6 the following year, 2021/22, and the bottom 6 from both divisions would be tier 7 and then any team joining next year will be added in below the tier 7. So possibly any big guns who don't join in the pyramid for the 2020/21 season,, Auchinleck, Pollok etc... will go in at Tier 8.   That is without doubt the fairest solution

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

If say only 6 teams that are non Junior with majority ex Juniors and they are happy with 2 eg Glasgow Uni and Bonmyton in tier 6 plus others in a suitable tier below then surely could do that. Ex amateur clubs won't compete with Talbot, Pollok and the Buffs and would be happier playing eg Gartcairn or Lanark surely..?
Bonnyton are already tier 6, why would they be happy to go lower?

Would need to be suitably seeded as if you need to finish top 6 or top 8 etc to be in tier 6 in 2021/2022 it would be unfair if you have a much stronger conference than other leagues. If conferences then teams may have to adjust wage bills etc as games v un heard of amateurs won't pull in same crowd as Buffs / Talbot / Pollok etc.

The east of scotland clubs faired just fine with some also investing in infrastructure towards licensing despite games against clubs with smaller supports.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

If I think something has been said is wrong I will say it. It doesn't matter which side of the argument it is. 

Thing is it shouldnt be argument imo. It should be informed choice to align. My question originally was what chance did negotiations ever have with the level of hostility in existence and that the other parties were inside the door 🤷‍♂️ I look forward to hearing the WR proposal as I do the LL one.