Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I have to disagree with you. 
We already know who the strongest teams are because the proposal is to use their League positions to determine their seeding. 
It's a wasted year to get everyone to their level, we already know their level. 
The non Junior teams can be slotted in appropriately. 

Okay, so who is to say that the eosfl conference set up worked well type of retort.

The eosfl process worked, it allowed clubs to determine their levels based on the here and now and not on being better than the worst team year on year.

It also allowed clubs to increase their chances of attracting different players than they maybe could traditionally.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A balanced picture is provided by being able to hear both sides of an argument rather than just one. It's unfortunate,that nobody at the earlier general meeting was available to question the validity of the assertion that both the SPFL and the LL backed Option Z. If there had been, maybe Option W would have been backed instead and things would not now be heading for an acrimonious split.

Pointless to speculate, sure most would have like to change the past or how things have developed. Really hoping cooler heids prevail in all this. 

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Comments like that may lead perfectly reasonable people to believe you are your own worst enemy. 

He was being even more condensing towards me that his previous post, hence why I felt he was looking down his nose at me.

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I got the impression that Glenrothes Strollers and Musselburgh Windsor were advised to withdraw their applications, as it was obvious that their grounds wouldn't meet the criteria, rather than them being rejected formally. Might have got the wrong end of the stick though.

Reported as rejected, but of course media get things wrong frequently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/glenrothes-strollers-bid-join-east-scotland-league-rejected-juniors-accepted-979226%3famp

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rossvale taking the approach that most clubs should be taking. Hear both sides face to face. Then make an informed decision.

image.png.4fbf3f53e6428e0cb86f9ec50d64aa08.png

A very calm and balanced approach by Rossvale.   

Other clubs should take note, and not give in to inappropriate pressure about "disloyalty.".

Just now, Robert James said:

A very calm and balanced approach by Rossvale.   

Other clubs should take note, and not give in to inappropriate pressure about "disloyalty.".

Completely agree or be called stupid for not believing everything posted on here to be universal truth 

Hi here is the reply that I received from Gordon Ronney and my replies.

James let me be the millionths person to tell you and others. Currently the LL & the WJFA have applications in with the SFA to form the WOS League, will be decided at SFA AGM. We have an acknowledgment email from the SFA to confirm.
4:47 PM · Mar 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to
PS NOBODY has told me youre version of the story bedcause it isnt true so pleas stop plying us with your fabrications to try and gain support. You have NO access to the Pyramid unless the Lowland League say that you can and they have no to youre version. You blew youre chances

Replying to
Let me tell you that they may have applications BUT the SFA does not make that final decision. The SFA have already given the LL the authority to decide themselves how they wish team to access THEIR league.

What makes you think they will be balanced when they've already as good as quit, taking what I hear was a respectable region official with them in the process?  Genuinely interested as from a far they appear as very unhappy.

‘Taking a respectable region official’ hahaha. Yes Matt Bamford is currently locked up in our kit man’s van and wont be released until our demands are met.

2 minutes ago, honestman54 said:
Hi here is the reply that I received from Gordon Ronney and my replies.

James let me be the millionths person to tell you and others. Currently the LL & the WJFA have applications in with the SFA to form the WOS League, will be decided at SFA AGM. We have an acknowledgment email from the SFA to confirm.
4:47 PM · Mar 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to
PS NOBODY has told me youre version of the story bedcause it isnt true so pleas stop plying us with your fabrications to try and gain support. You have NO access to the Pyramid unless the Lowland League say that you can and they have no to youre version. You blew youre chances

Replying to
Let me tell you that they may have applications BUT the SFA does not make that final decision. The SFA have already given the LL the authority to decide themselves how they wish team to access THEIR league.

Pretty conclusive tweets.

Will the SFA/ EoSL/ SoSL, have reps at the LL briefing meeting on Thursday ?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

He’s being fed nothing but Toblerone to assist in the re-programming.

🤣 that's the forum I miss. Though he could have been sent back as a double agent within an elaborate west region plan?  Awaiting his reactivation word 🤔🤔🤔

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think they will be "told" what the structure will be as they can't know the numbers involved as yet, unless a decision has already been made to implement conferences, which would go against the LL's and EOSFL's democratic approach. However, they may get a couple of options outlined with a decision to be made at the April meeting. 

I'd hope that conferences at tier 6 aren't a given. The number of applications accepted should drive the structure with the clubs themselves choosing the final option.  Anything up to 18 should be a single division, up to the mid 30s would probably be better as two conferences, but once you get to 40 plus it's, in my opinion, a better option to create a 16 team premier with conferences below that.   It will advance the merit process by a season. 

The big difference to the East scenario is that the WOSFL is a brand new structure, although the relative merits of the majority of applicants will be known from their existing leagues.  The East had to merge an existing league while incorporating a large number of new applicants.  The conference arrangement was appropriate in that instance, but even then the league positions of the ex-junior clubs and the EOSFL clubs determined their seeding in the conferences. 

Spot on.

It only takes 24 hours without an official update for everything to go tonto in here, eh? 😂

We’ll finally get answers and (hopefully) clarity by the weekend. Till then I think I’ll stay quiet. Interested to see if the WRSJFA publish their plans post-Tuesday though, as the LL will do.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is why I only see the proposal being single division or Conferences. The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. If the eventual members decide they want to rank each other  into tiers of some sort let them bring it up and vote on it.

Chances are the vote will go for Conferences, as we've seen with the EoS voting, albeit slightly, for Conferences again next year.

'The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. '

Its been posted on here several times that when the 3 EoS conferences were set up last season, the teams were seeded.

Unless that info is wrong, doesn't it really amount to the same thing ?

1 hour ago, the rambler said:

I have to disagree with you. 

We already know who the strongest teams are because the proposal is to use their League positions to determine their seeding. 

It's a wasted year to get everyone to their level, we already know their level. 

The non Junior teams can be slotted in appropriately. 

Are Neilston stronger than Bonnyton Thistle? Are Ardeer Thistle stronger than Glasgow Uni?

Nobody can say.

How can they be integrated with the WRSJFSA clubs in a way that's fair?

The only alternative to conferences that I can see is if those clubs voluntarily play at a lower level. Maybe they say "ok, place us outside the top 16" and you have one Premier Division of the 16 best switchers from the WRSJFA, then conferences below that. But if they say "let's find out on the pitch" then the only fair way to do it is have one season of conferences - which, I promise you, will be fun. 

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

It only takes 24 hours without an official update for everything to go tonto in here, eh? 😂

We’ll finally get answers and (hopefully) clarity by the weekend. Till then I think I’ll stay quiet. Interested to see if the WRSJFA publish their plans post-Tuesday though, as the LL will do.

They're about as open and transparent as the fallen Soviet bloc so I'll go for 'nae chance'. Info to reps only.

4 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. '

Its been posted on here several times that when the 3 EoS conferences were set up last season, the teams were seeded.

Unless that info is wrong, doesn't it really amount to the same thing ?

Seeding clubs for Conferences is different from ranking them to place into Tier 6, Tier 7 etc.

The LL/EoS/SoS are going to be okay with saying single division or Conferences. But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.

EDIT: And no they aren't the same thing. Which is why its fine if the eventual members decide to vote for a tiered approach.

Edited by FairWeatherFan