Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

17 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I like the odd Junior game in a season where I see maybe 20 Junior out of 80 games but don't ask me to watch it every week. You might get entertained but sometimes you just want to see a higher standard.

I presume you're not claiming that Whitehill Welfare is a higher standard than Linlithgow Rose? Apart from being obvious when you watch the teams, Scottish Cup results prove it.

Linlithgow Rose have lost to one Highland League Team, and never lost to a LL, EoSL or SoSL team. 

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

So you want to see Linlithgow play in a strong LL, but never want them to win it and progress? quite bizarre.

It's not remotely bizarre. You just think so because you go to football matches for a different reason than I do. Football isn't actually important, it's supposed to be fun. SPFL 1 and 2 are a long way from being fun, and certainly much less fun than any non-league senior or junior division in the country. 

17 hours ago, afca32 said:

Being able to go home for a jobby isn't a positive as you only have to do it as there aren't any toilets.

Unless your club have made some serious improvements in the last three years, Linlithgow Rose's toilets are better than Elgin's.

17 hours ago, The Mantis said:

If you read it again, I never actually said that. But nevertheless I wouldn’t compare Lithgae to a SPFL1 side, even in light of their cup run last season or Hearts v Talbot.

I supported Caley and they had a better Cup record than either of them, but Caley Thistle struggled in their first season in the leagues, even after strengthening the squad. There’s a massive difference between getting yourself up for a Cup game which probably means little to the opposition, and playing 36 games in the league.

I saw Bo'ness give Queens Park an absolute chasing. If you think those Queens Park players weren't giving it their all, you're very much mistaken. 

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

SPFL2 ranges between £12-£14, Clyde charge £13.   I think one LL team charge £8, others £7, £6, £5.  I'd happily pay that to watch my team at a higher level.

Edinburgh City have went from attendances of 50 in the LL charging a fiver, upto an average of around 300 in League Two charging £12.  Admission price doesn't appear to put people off.

You're assuming that it's the original 50 plus a new 250. In reality some of that original 50 will be going a lot less often, or not at all.

I can't believe we're comparing bigger Junior clubs with a team that were getting attendances as low as 50. It says a lot about the perspective you're bringing to this that it makes sense to you.

£12 for the utter dross that is League Two is laughable. There's very little difference in standard from halfway down League One to the bottom of the Highland League, the middle of the Lowland League, the bottom of the West Superleague and the middle of the East Superleague. Clubs drawing a paying crowd of 200-500 or so are all much the same. Queens Park aren't a higher standard than Pollok. 

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

How is SPL 1/2 full of dross? :lol:

Because apart from Ayr and Raith Rovers, there's practically nothing to pick between the 18 other teams and the next 50 best non-league clubs. 

Because apart from Ayr and Raith Rovers, there's practically nothing to pick between the 18 other teams and the next 50 best non-league clubs. 

Theres a big difference between us and teams like Berwick ffs.

How many goals did Shire score in their last 2 seasons in L2 compared to their first 2 in the LL?

You’re an absolute haver.

I saw Bo'ness give Queens Park an absolute chasing. If you think those Queens Park players weren't giving it their all, you're very much mistaken. 

Ah the old one off cup game response. I saw us draw with Celtic at Celtic Park, the Celtic players were trying, that means were just as good.

SPFL 1 and 2 are a long way from being fun, and certainly much less fun than any non-league senior or junior division in the country. 

If this is indeed the case then why are crowds in the senior leagues so much better?

Why isn’t everybody watching their local non league team?

[emoji23]

9 hours ago, drs said:

ICT, Ross County and Livingston all entered the league and made it to the top of the pyramid. Hamilton and Rangers have also made it to the top division having been demoted to the bottom league.

Clydebank of course once left the Juniors and made it to the top. 

Bankies and Hamilton are both clubs that have small, in relative terms, support so there is no reason at all why a forward thinking club like Kelty or Bonnyrigg or indeed Clydebank again couldn't make the step up.

You seem upset - you've just admitted your own team are dross and are going nowhere and are now  lashing out.  Sad.

The negative in  all those examples, except Clydebank is financial doping.

It's not remotely bizarre. You just think so because you go to football matches for a different reason than I do. Football isn't actually important, it's supposed to be fun. SPFL 1 and 2 are a long way from being fun, and certainly much less fun than any non-league senior or junior division in the country. 

You want your team to be playing in a league but never win it, and that's not bizarre [emoji23]

You're assuming that it's the original 50 plus a new 250. In reality some of that original 50 will be going a lot less often, or not at all.
I can't believe we're comparing bigger Junior clubs with a team that were getting attendances as low as 50. It says a lot about the perspective you're bringing to this that it makes sense to you.
£12 for the utter dross that is League Two is laughable. There's very little difference in standard from halfway down League One to the bottom of the Highland League, the middle of the Lowland League, the bottom of the West Superleague and the middle of the East Superleague. Clubs drawing a paying crowd of 200-500 or so are all much the same. Queens Park aren't a higher standard than Pollok. 

Linlithgow go up to League 2 and they will increase their crowds. The evidence is there, or are you claiming they would go down? Queens Park ARE a higher standard than Pollok, it's not even up for debate.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pretty much what I think too. On paper a pyramid makes perfect sense. I watch a few different levels in England and really enjoy it. My main reservation is the closer relationship that will be needed with the absolute reprobates involved in The SPFL.

Agree totally.Especially to the principal of a pyramid. The problem is well known. Absolute reprobates in the SPFL is putting it mildly. Add to that the self serving incompetents within the SFA and we can see clearly the flawed product that is Scottish(senior)  football.

What astounds me are the big shouts about "following your club's dream", "being able to play at the highest level", "to win the big cups" from supports of senior clubs on here. But when it comes from fans of Dundee (30 years of crooks and gangsters running their club), Dunfermline (still chasing the fans ticket money in Swiss bank accounts), Rangers II emerging from liquidation of Rangers I when 'wealth off the radar' offered cups and tiles in the eyes of the supporters. Dozens more than can be quoted. Someone mentioned 'good governance' is the answer. Yes, but if you find it in the SPFL or the SFA let me know. 

A good case study is Dundee United. Chairman was a guy who only got jobs his daddy gave him, ran the thing into the ground through stupid and naive decisions. All the assets the club had have not gone into other hands. All from chasing a fantasy and trying to win the big cups. 

So go on chase your dream. But for God's sake get the organisation right behind the scenes. And avoid becoming 'one of them'. 

Applying your same logic I'm assuming there is very little difference between a West Superleague team and the lower central divisions?

Agree totally.Especially to the principal of a pyramid. The problem is well known. Absolute reprobates in the SPFL is putting it mildly. Add to that the self serving incompetents within the SFA and we can see clearly the flawed product that is Scottish(senior)  football.
What astounds me are the big shouts about "following your club's dream", "being able to play at the highest level", "to win the big cups" from supports of senior clubs on here. But when it comes from fans of Dundee (30 years of crooks and gangsters running their club), Dunfermline (still chasing the fans ticket money in Swiss bank accounts), Rangers II emerging from liquidation of Rangers I when 'wealth off the radar' offered cups and tiles in the eyes of the supporters. Dozens more than can be quoted. Someone mentioned 'good governance' is the answer. Yes, but if you find it in the SPFL or the SFA let me know. 
A good case study is Dundee United. Chairman was a guy who only got jobs his daddy gave him, ran the thing into the ground through stupid and naive decisions. All the assets the club had have not gone into other hands. All from chasing a fantasy and trying to win the big cups. 
So go on chase your dream. But for God's sake get the organisation right behind the scenes. And avoid becoming 'one of them'. 

None of that happens in the Juniors then no? Big money chasing a dream that in the end goes badly wrong? No, never happens in the Juniors.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

April fools was yesterday mate. What a load of absolute rubbish :lol: