Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Utterly refute that. Some might disagree with me but most of what I post is considered. Also, you don’t get me retorting in a cheap vitriolic fashion the way you just did. That’s a lazy post aimed at cheap point scoring and states nothing, bet you feel chuffed as well with yer pals green dotting you for that intelligent post! [emoji5]

There is little evidence which backs up your posts are based in any semblance of consideration.

The post I quoted you from was literally that which you accuse me of doing, cheap inconsiderate vitriolic point scoring.

Look Isa, you don’t like the pyramid, you have a wee group here who agree.

I like the idea of a pyramid, i’m completely happy to have a positive discussion/debate with you about it, but to do that you actually have to offer some kind of merit based argument for your own point of view rather than attempting to slander the opposition, which does little to encourage people to try to engage you constructively.

If by responding in a sarcastic manner to your posts in the same manner I view some of your responses has upset you then i’m genuinely sorry to have upset you. Lets have a decent constructive non mud flinging debate then? In the spirit of this i’ve green dotted your post!

Yours in friendship x

5 hours ago, Dead said:

I went to your Hurlford home league  game a few week's ago with a couple of other neutral fans. 405 fans at the game was very impressive for monsoon weather at times around game time (especially as it was virtually all home fans).

On a side issue, The pies on sale were superb.

5 hours ago, Dead said:

I went to your Hurlford home league  game a few week's ago with a couple of other neutral fans. 405 fans at the game was very impressive for monsoon weather at times around game time (especially as it was virtually all home fans).

On a side issue, The pies on sale were superb.

Impressed that Talbot and others publish their attendance figures on a regular basis ..while others seem to assume numbers attending to back up the thread when the subject is raised regularly....Should be compulsory really..but as clubs don't have to share gates other than in cup games  then it would only be of interest to a few supporters I think....

1 minute ago, BENJI BOY said:

Impressed that Talbot and others publish their attendance figures on a regular basis ..while others seem to assume numbers attending to back up the thread when the subject is raised regularly....Should be compulsory really..but as clubs don't have to share gates other than in cup games  then it would only be of interest to a few supporters I think....

Pollok, not Talbot.

Attendances are published for almost every recognised league on the British mainland with the exception of the Scottish non-league game. As an example, the North West Counties in England which fits in...

Vanarama National League
Vanarama N / S
EvoStik Prem
EvoStik D1
Hallmark Security North West Counties Premier
Hallmark Security North West Counties First

http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/results.php

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/results/2018-03

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Pollok, not Talbot.

Attendances are published for almost every recognised league on the British mainland with the exception of the Scottish non-league game. As an example, the North West Counties in England which fits in...

Vanarama National League
Vanarama N / S
EvoStik Prem
EvoStik D1

We do a headcount for every game (home and away) and publish it in the programme, this is everyone standing on the spectator side of the barrier which will include non-paying committee etc but at the end of the day, they are still attending the match to watch. The only "paying only" attendance we've counted is the split gate cup games, so for example the Linlithgow game was 345 (I think) which would actually equate to around 375 watching the game.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Pollok, not Talbot.

Vanarama National League
Vanarama N / S
EvoStik Prem
EvoStik D1

Is it compulsory south of the border then?

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Pollok, not Talbot.

Vanarama National League
Vanarama N / S
EvoStik Prem
EvoStik D1

Publishing crowds is mainly a journalistic tool and serves no real purpose other than a talking point.  At Bo'ness they now announce the crowd as quicker than announcing both teams.

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

Publishing crowds is mainly a journalistic tool and serves no real purpose other than a talking point.  At Bo'ness they now announce the crowd as quicker than announcing both teams.

It's a point of interest, a bit like displaying team lines for spectators. Something some teams have an issue with too.

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

They do announce it though..didn't hear any mention of crowd numbers at your last big game against Bonnyrigg.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Just a thought, can anyone put me on to the software used on here. It must be something like the sniper stuff folk use on eBay so as not to mis out on a purchase. Burnie must have it as anyone who remotely criticises me get a green dot from him. Surely he hasn’t the time or inclination to scan himself, has he? 

Isa

I don't know why you bother even trying to put any point over that even remotely differs from those who have seemingly taken over the whole forum with their single agenda.

It's not even pro pyramid posts anymore it's turned into an anti Junior free for all and even the older regular posters on the forum are so sickened off they've deserted in droves. 

Just leave them to self congratulate each other with each new post.

24 minutes ago, santheman said:
Isa I don't know why you bother even trying to put any point over that even remotely differs from those who have seemingly taken over the whole forum with their single agenda.

It's not even pro pyramid posts anymore it's turned into an anti Junior free for all and even the older regular posters on the forum are so sickened off they've deserted in droves. 

Just leave them to self congratulate each other with each new post.

How about trying to put your points across in a constructive manner rather than sniping from the sidelines? You have the audacity to moan whilst hardly contributing anything worthwhile at all. We have Glenafton93 red dotting everyone making positive noises about the Pyramid again without actually addressing the points raised, it works both ways.

Nobody is sickened off by anything this is only one thread on the forum, and it's quite clear what it is about. It does a pretty decent job of keeping all pyramid chat in the one place rather than it spreading everywhere. In fact on more than one occasion you have mentioned the Pyramid in completely unrelated topics!

If it upsets you don't read it, but it seems you (and others) can't stay away!

Edited by Burnie_man

34 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

They do announce it though..didn't hear any mention of crowd numbers at your last big game against Bonnyrigg.

I have never heard the crowd being announced at Linlithgow and I have been going on and off for 40 years.

26 minutes ago, buboy said:

Think a wosl with pollock beith kilwinning kilburnie arthurlie Boness. Linlithgow? Has a better attraction than proposed eosl. 600 at a pollock game or 6 at burntisland game tough call!!!

I think the Junior Superleague idea has long since sunk or sailed. Once a WoS league is established, I imagine it will be the end of teams cherry-picking which region they belong to. BU and LR are East teams.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

I think the Junior Superleague idea has long since sunk or sailed. Once a WoS league is established, I imagine it will be the end of teams cherry-picking which region they belong to. BU and LR are East teams.

Probably true.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

You sound confident that a WoSL will be created, but do you think that there will be an agreed outcome between the West junior clubs themselves, and with the SJFA ?   For example, Threave Rovers have a good chance of EoSL champions this season, and are rebuilding after their Lowland demise > Would they be welcomed by West junior clubs/the SJFA ?  Also, how about Glasgow Uni, who are an amateur club, albeit it an SFA Member ?

What are the odds on an "all in or all out" outcome being agreed by the West junior clubs, if that is the SJFA's official position ?

11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Apologies for the typo, as I meant Threave being SoSL champions, not EoS !!

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Probably true.

You sound confident that a WoSL will be created, but do you think that there will be an agreed outcome between the West junior clubs themselves, and with the SJFA ?   For example, Threave Rovers have a good chance of EoSL champions this season, and are rebuilding after their Lowland demise > Would they be welcomed by West junior clubs/the SJFA ?  Also, how about Glasgow Uni, who are an amateur club, albeit it an SFA Member ?

What are the odds on an "all in or all out" outcome being agreed by the West junior clubs, if that is the SJFA's official position ?

Ultimately, where there's a will, there's a way. The logical stance would be to set it up as 'invites and applications' and see who bites. It may be that a few go over and then it's a case of 'who blinks' in terms of who follows and when.

Personally, can't see the SJFA getting their hands on anything above tier 7. It may be they get to run the show at that level and below. EoS being 'multi division' does complicate that though.

12 minutes ago, buboy said:

It wont be a junior league though anyone can apply to eosl why would wosl be any different

We're in the wild west right now in terms of what can be done at the bottom of the pyramid, but the creation of a WoSFL is likely to generate fixed boundaries at tier 6 as you have to deal with the fact that the EoSFL & SoSFL already compete at that level.