Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Having read most of this back, theres no way they'll allow the juniors to have a split division at the 6th tier. That's completely unfair on those already in the 6th tier.

Also seen folk say juniors should be LL level. They had their chance and for one reason or another they didn't take that chance. So 6th tier is the best they can hope for.

I personally hope every junior side joins. But those who believe they should jump the queue over those already in the pyramid need to wind their neck in, its not happening.
It's a standard negotiating position.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since I don't work for the SFA, it's an opinion. At the end of the day the SFA is its membership, the majority of its members are from senior leagues. They aren't going to force down a solution that is unpalatable to itself.

All the SFA hierarchy could do to shape things the way wanted was by the introduction of licencing. Which is something they might try to do next, make licencing a requirement for clubs at tier 6.

Licensing at tier 6 may well be an SFA aspiration, but is not deliverable in the short/medium term in my view. It would be unfair to junior and amateur clubs joining the pyramid, and a disincentive to them.

However if the pyramid expands and feeder leagues are created in the West & North Regions, I would predict that junior clubs who don't commit to the 'senior' pyramid (ie member clubs Glasgow Uni, Banks O'Dee, Linlithgow Rose, Girvan & Golspie), will have their participation in the Scottish Cup, withdrawn. Similarly clubs remaining in the junior leagues, could also be  excluded, even if they are future Super League champions.  Junior Cup and Amateur Cup winners may be the only exceptions ?.

However I have no inside information, nor any evidence to back this up. It is just a hunch, and your guess is as good, and probably better than mine (?)

I do think Licencing will come at tier 6 eventually, to help the flow of clubs.   Floodlighting may also become a requirement of the LL at some point to match the HFL.

Might be a wee bit away yet until things settle down and all (or the bulk of ) the Juniors get on board, but it will come IMO.  I can't see it at tier 7 or below though for the forseeable future.

11 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Licensing at tier 6 may well be an SFA aspiration, but is not deliverable in the short/medium term in my view. It would be unfair to junior and amateur clubs joining the pyramid, and a disincentive to them.

However if the pyramid expands and feeder leagues are created in the West & North Regions, I would predict that junior clubs who don't commit to the 'senior' pyramid (ie member clubs Glasgow Uni, Banks O'Dee, Linlithgow Rose, Girvan & Golspie), will have their participation in the Scottish Cup, withdrawn. Similarly clubs remaining in the junior leagues, could also be  excluded, even if they are future Super League champions.  Junior Cup and Amateur Cup winners may be the only exceptions ?.

However I have no inside information, nor any evidence to back this up. It is just a hunch, and your guess is as good, and probably better than mine (?)

For the clubs moving across to a senior league, attaining a licence appears to be a major attraction. Even the likes the amateurs are probably going to move with the intention of attaining one. If you take the South & East a quarter of the clubs are already licenced, with the likes of LTHV and probably others looking to get theirs.

It's likely something that will just become standardised over time. A WoSFL putting a time frame on it from its foundation like the Lowland League did, the returning EoS Premier making it a requirement eventually. The North is murky due to the numbers, but everyone seems to ignore that for now.

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I do think Licencing will come at tier 6 eventually, to help the flow of clubs.   Floodlighting may also become a requirement of the LL at some point to match the HFL.

Might be a wee bit away yet until things settle down and all (or the bulk of ) the Juniors get on board, but it will come IMO.  I can't see it at tier 7 or below though for the forseeable future.

I think the reason it becomes standardised at Tier 6 is that it can eventually lead to a Lowland West/East split at Tier 5. If the Lowland League catchment area can get to a point where there are 48+ licenced clubs with a decent spread West/East it's an issue that can finally be resolved.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Well if they get it officially in the next two weeks then that would be good.:)

If they get through the next 2 weeks with a 100% record it will be a fucking miracle :lol:

I do think Licencing will come at tier 6 eventually, to help the flow of clubs.   Floodlighting may also become a requirement of the LL at some point to match

I would think floodlights at tier 5 would come in before licensing at tier 6.

I don't think the entry requirements need to come in for tier 6, I'd prefer the SFA to introduce a lower standard that would be applied at tier 6. If 40+ lowland region clubs playing games at tier 5 or below get an entry licence(or above) then we should look at introducing a 3rd league at tier 5(as long as there isn't 20+ licensed HL region teams)

On 10/04/2018 at 20:14, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Yet you try your hardest to subtly undermine everything mentioned about it? Going by your posts on this thread, it seems like you enjoy winding folk up by using big boy words that you most likely wouldn’t be able to slabber out in person, terribly sad.

Live and learn from it, I’m sure deep down you’re a decent person with the best intentions for your club.

Anyway, in my opinion a West of Scotland feeder is the only way forward.

I tend not to slander, as for my verbal use of vocabulary, you never know you might meet me some where you can assess rather than guess. I don’t undermine everything mentioned, I don’t like what the pyramid is and have stated what I think should happen. 

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:31, AlanCamelonfan said:

A few people are coming round. A split in the boardroom I think has caused most of it. 

As much as Ian white has been great overy the years with knowledge of the junior game and a definite life saver pre social media. His article in the Falkirk herald yesterday was poor and seemed to be the old cliché of can'take go there it' a lower league lower crowds. If it had any sort of baLance to it rather than rant might seem different. He also had the presumption that SJFA areally not negotiatons with sfa. Which really doesn' t look like happening.

Read that this morning, its an embarrassingly outdated piece of thinking. He hasn't even realised that the "wasteland" of the EOS will have a significant number of "Junior" clubs in it - and lets be honest if Camelon are one of the Juniors biggest clubs in the country as claimed in the article then I must have been watching games with my eyes closed.

1 minute ago, drs said:

Read that this morning, its an embarrassingly outdated piece of thinking. He hasn't even realised that the "wasteland" of the EOS will have a significant number of "Junior" clubs in it - and lets be honest if Camelon are one of the Juniors biggest clubs in the country as claimed in the article then I must have been watching games with my eyes closed.

This article online?

Don't think so, I'm a cheapskate and read in the library! :)

My bad as well, I remembered his description of the EoS as a "wasteland" when he actually said "wilderness". Apologies to one and all :(

17 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Having read most of this back, theres no way they'll allow the juniors to have a split division at the 6th tier. That's completely unfair on those already in the 6th tier.

Also seen folk say juniors should be LL level. They had their chance and for one reason or another they didn't take that chance. So 6th tier is the best they can hope for.

I personally hope every junior side joins. But those who believe they should jump the queue over those already in the pyramid need to wind their neck in, its not happening.

I suppose it depends if you want a pyramid with the better clubs higher up the pyramid or if you want a pyramid which punishes the better clubs and protects the duff clubs and turns the whole notion of a pyramid on its head and makes Scottish football a laughing stock.