Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

If the SJFA and the SFA come to an agreement about the Juniors joining the pyramid they may decide the East Juniors and the East of Scotland League amalgamate and divisions are decided based on the previous season Tables. When the Super League started it was the top four each from the East, Fife, and Tayside that formed the Super League Table. Is this something that would be in their power to do if they so decided?

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Question for the East teams Faithfull followers, what teams have actually left the juniors and who are leaving at the end of the season?

Thanks in Advance 

I've no idea but as a supporter I'd be delighted if my team made the move to EofS league. The sooner the better.

6 minutes ago, John S said:

If the SJFA and the SFA come to an agreement about the Juniors joining the pyramid they may decide the East Juniors and the East of Scotland League amalgamate and divisions are decided based on the previous season Tables. When the Super League started it was the top four each from the East, Fife, and Tayside that formed the Super League Table. Is this something that would be in their power to do if they so decided?

A merger like that is only going to have if the EoSFL & East Region agree to it. The SFA are never going to force the issue.

52 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

The cloak and dagger attitude within the juniors is fucking embarrassing, they way some go on you would think there the head of the gambino mafia

Maybe that's why their keeping it under wraps, so they can sneak away without the mafia knowing.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

If some clubs want to keep their intentions private until the EoS EGM then you have to respect that.

Discussions over where things are in two seasons time are hardly pointless in the context of the thread and remember nobody has actually resigned from the SJFA yet.  The SJFA themselves cannot even tell you what is going to happen.

Surely the first people clubs should tell are their supporters and sponsors. Preferably before it's a done deal.

11 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Dunbar could find themselves in the 'superleague' next season.

What happens if Dunbar decide they don’t want to be in the Superleague? That’s going to be an expensive thing for them. 

Just now, patriot1 said:

Surely the first people clubs should tell are their supporters and sponsors. Preferably before it's a done deal.

Dunno not my problem, my club have been up front about it although I understand why others want to keep it under wraps until the EGM.

36 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

A merger like that is only going to have if the EoSFL & East Region agree to it. The SFA are never going to force the issue.

Is that an opinion or a fact? Does the SFA not have that power to make changes to the Leagues set up if the Leagues and the SJFA are unable to sort things out?

2 minutes ago, John S said:

Is that an opinion or a fact? Does the SFA not have that power to make changes to the Leagues set up if the Leagues and the SJFA are unable to sort things out?

I'd ask what league body has the SFA ever forced change upon against their wishes?  As far as the east is concerned, the Pyramid is already in place.

1 minute ago, John S said:

Since I don't work for the SFA, it's an opinion. At the end of the day the SFA is its membership, the majority of its members are from senior leagues. They aren't going to force down a solution that is unpalatable to itself.

All the SFA hierarchy could do to shape things the way wanted was by the introduction of licencing. Which is something they might try to do next, make licencing a requirement for clubs at tier 6.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

Why would clubs not want to discuss it with the fans.

I never said that. Just because some keep it under wraps doesn't automatically mean its not been discussed.  Anyway, it't not my issue.

Having read most of this back, theres no way they'll allow the juniors to have a split division at the 6th tier. That's completely unfair on those already in the 6th tier.

Also seen folk say juniors should be LL level. They had their chance and for one reason or another they didn't take that chance. So 6th tier is the best they can hope for.

I personally hope every junior side joins. But those who believe they should jump the queue over those already in the pyramid need to wind their neck in, its not happening.

27 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Having read most of this back, theres no way they'll allow the juniors to have a split division at the 6th tier. That's completely unfair on those already in the 6th tier.

Also seen folk say juniors should be LL level. They had their chance and for one reason or another they didn't take that chance. So 6th tier is the best they can hope for.

I personally hope every junior side joins. But those who believe they should jump the queue over those already in the pyramid need to wind their neck in, its not happening.

Who believes they should jump the queue ?