Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

17 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Given the Lowland League currently has two tier six feeder leagues and there are proposals to create a third one

I think any proposal for a West tier 6 feeder would include plans to (eventually) incorporate the SoS to make it simply east/west at tier 6.

My plans for the north to begin with would be for the top Tayside clubs to join the North Superleague at tier 6, and for tier 7 you'd have the rest of the Tayside clubs in one division and the rest of North Juniors in another.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

I've just been watching the League of Gentlemen - "Local shops for local people ". For some reason I kept thinking about the west juniors ...

Funny. I’ve just been listening to Shane McGowan’s Crock of Gold album. I think I might watch House of Cards next.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I think any proposal for a West tier 6 feeder would include plans to (eventually) incorporate the SoS to make it simply east/west at tier 6.

My plans for the north to begin with would be for the top Tayside clubs to join the North Superleague at tier 7, and for tier 8 you'd have the rest of the Tayside clubs in one division and the rest of North Juniors in another.

Won’t you need a tier 6 in the North?

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

My plans for the north to begin with would be for the top Tayside clubs to join the North Superleague at tier 7, and for tier 8 you'd have the rest of the Tayside clubs in one division and the rest of North Juniors in another.

A North of Scotland league covering Tayside and Aberdeenshire would certainly work at Tier 6 if that’s what clubs wanted. But equally I see no reason you couldn’t have separate Tier 6 Leagues for Tayside, Grampian and even NCL if that option was club’s preferences. 

Less travelling and no need to worry about promotion to Highland League for 95% of teams.

14 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Given the Lowland League currently has two tier six feeder leagues and there are proposals to create a third one it strikes me that there is no necessity for the Tayside teams to merge with the north region. 

If they decided they wanted into the Pyramid system then there is nothing stopping them from setting up a new Tier 6 Tayside league and declaring that any licensed champions with floodlights will make an application to the Highland League.

They could then get licensed if they wished for Scottish Cup entry and avoid promotion by failing to install Floodlights.

Not suggesting it will happen immediately but if that were preferred  to a merger with Aberdeenshire teams I don’t see how either SFA or Highland League could complain about them as a stand-alone Tier 6 League.

Tayside as a separate tier 6 league would have equal status to the entire Highland and North East leagues? Really?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Tayside as a separate tier 6 league would have equal status to the entire Highland and North East leagues? Really?

It would if they set it up now because there is no Tier 6 League north of the Tay. Who could complain if Tayside clubs parked their Tank on that lawn? No one as there isn’t an alternative league already established except the NCL which isn’t going to want Tayside applicants.

I’m not saying I think it will happen but there is no reason it couldn’t.

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Highland League is Tier 5. What's the North East League?

The suggestion was a Tayside Superleague at level 6 matching the the Highlands and North East Superleague. I feel the balance is wrong.

Anyone in the know reckon that there are plans afoot within the East Region and their Northern friends already? It's strange that they've made no effort to be heard at all. Maybe they're waiting until they have something concrete to tell?

Is it too ambitious to have anything in place for the start of the season?

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:

Anyone in the know reckon that there are plans afoot within the East Region and their Northern friends already? It's strange that they've made no effort to be heard at all. Maybe they're waiting until they have something concrete to tell?

Is it too ambitious to have anything in place for the start of the season?

Probably. Those remaining in the East Region seem more focused on what it's going to look like in 2018-19 and were probably distracted with the possibility of the East/West Superleague to think about plan c.

10 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

It would if they set it up now because there is no Tier 6 League north of the Tay. Who could complain if Tayside clubs parked their Tank on that lawn? No one as there isn’t an alternative league already established except the NCL which isn’t going to want Tayside applicants.

I’m not saying I think it will happen but there is no reason it couldn’t.

It's called the NRJFA Super league, as it happens.  With two divisions below. All it needs is for the HL to tick the box.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's called the NRJFA Super league, as it happens.  With two divisions below. No wonder the mess the Juniors have got into down south.

Not a Tier 6 league because it's not in the SFA Pyramid. The J in NRJFA is the giveaway. If it was, Bank's O'dee as the licensed champion would have been eligible for promotion like every other Tier 6 champion.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's called the NRJFA Super league, as it happens.  With two divisions below. No wonder the mess the Juniors have got into down south.

But it's not Tier 6. It's untiered, or tierless, because it has no connection t the pyramid.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Not a Tier 6 league because it's not in the SFA Pyramid. The J in NRJFA is the giveaway. If it was, Bank's O'dee as the licensed champion would have been eligible for promotion like every other Tier 6 champion.

Aye, I changed my post. What I meant was that the structure is all there, all it needs is the HL  fulfilling their part. I don't understand why they don't.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's called the NRJFA Super league, as it happens.  With two divisions below. All it needs is for the HL to tick the box.

So long as the clubs affiliate to the SJFA and Reinstatement exists the NRJFA Super league is not a Tier 6 SFA Pyramid League.

There are 16 East Region clubs north of the Tay. If the boundary were tweaked you could maybe add in a few more from Perth and maybe Tayport and Newburgh from Fife to get 20 or so clubs. North Region juniors look likely to be maximum 32 clubs next season so there isn’t a huge difference between the setups.