Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

To be fair, I think some of the members on here who were insisting the juniors as a whole would enter at tier 6 come what may, were posting in good faith based on information they had been told from club sources. At the time there was a lot of conflicting information and it was difficult to make judgements.
However, now the juniors in at tier six claim has been proven to be wrong, time for those who believed this to have a good think on why this misinformation was deliberately peddled and who stood to gain from it.
It's also time for the East Junior's website to take down the advertisement announcing the super league is in at tier six. At best it's embarrassing for all concerned, at worst, it's very irresponsible.

Quick check this morning tells me it’s still there

About a year ago the SJFA clubs showed, via a vote, that the majority were in favour of joining the Pyramid. At the time TJ was quoted (Email copied onto P&B) as admitting that he did not anticipate the amount of interest which was shown. In effect he was out of touch with the opinions of "his" own clubs.

Since then it seems that there has been a concerted effort to make sure that the SJFA Regions were retained under the control of that organisation. This could, of course, help to keep someone in a job and others in positions of relative prestige i.e. in the SJFA. Part of this meant that there was a blatant campaign of Blagging their way into a position of power over all non-league semi-pro clubs. The wheels have just come off that. Hopefully there will be appropriate consequences. 

8 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

My worry for Clydebank is that they were accepted as deferred members of the EoSFL last season but have distanced themselves from that league ever since. Indeed, someone close to the club (okay, in the past the very vocal Kilbowie Benches who has become the all but invisible Kilbowie Benches when things haven’t been quite what he said they were to be) has persistently bad mouthed all associated with the EoSFL and all who pointed out that there was a horrible flaw in the SJFA”s position re the Pyramid. His own position in the Club - whatever it is/was - is surely untenable if they wish to pursue meaningful engagement with the board of the EoSFL?

If the rest of the Fife and West Lothian Junior clubs switch to EoS now, three regional leagues at T7 could be formed:

- West (W.Lothian and beyond)

- Central (Fife + P&K)

- South (Edin, Lothians + Borders)

Clydebank would join the West league, which would add a tremendous incentive for the others.

And it means they don't have the long trips to  Eyemouth / Tweedmouth / Peebles, and vice-versa.

They'd also have entry to all the cup comps with LL and EoS Premier clubs, including one which allows access to the big Scottish.

Sorted?

5 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

If the rest of the Fife and West Lothian Junior clubs switch to EoS now, three regional leagues at T7 could be formed:

- Central (Fife + P&K)

Clydebank would join the West league, which would add a tremendous incentive for the others.

And it means they don't have the long trips to  Eyemouth / Tweedmouth / Peebles, and vice-versa.

They'd also have entry to all the cup comps with LL and EoS Premier clubs, including one which allows access to the big Scottish.

Sorted?

If the SFA are wanting no geographical overlaps at tier 6, maybe that will apply to clubs too? SoS the 'west' league for now? For precedent, Edusport played out of Hamilton Palace for a few months, EK accepted before jumping off to the LL.

Edited by cmontheloknow

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If the SFA are wanting no geographical overlaps at tier 6, maybe that will apply to clubs too? SoS the 'west' league for now? For precedent, Edusport played out of Hamilton Palace for a few months, EK accepted before jumping off to the LL.

Kello Rovers would need to move to the SoSL.  Bonnyton to the proposed  West League.

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Officially there is no overlap.

The SoS mission statement is:

To Develop, Foster, Co-Ordinate and Sustain Association Football at the Club and League level throughout South West Scotland

The EoS mission statement is:

To Develop, Foster, Co-Ordinate and Sustain Association Football at Club and League level throughout Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire

So much of the Strathclyde area, minus some of Ayrshire which is usually seen as South West Scotland, is in a murky grey area. The EoS has already taken in Jeanfield Swifts from Perth and technically were okay with Clydebank applying last year.

Which is why everyone is okay with the idea of a West of Scotland league.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

- Central (Fife + P&K)
Sorted?

I don't think Geography based conferences at Teir 7 next season would work given we would be looking to turn that into a championship the year after. Some conferences would be a good bit weaker than others.

Seeded conferences again at T7 next year for me, so they are as equal as possible, to make up a championship for 20/21.

Regional at T8 after that, in 20/21.

15 hours ago, Robert James said:

The Pyramid Working Group will be re-convened during next season.

I wonder about this. Surely TJ has lost all credibility here and the SJFA leagues need representation at the PWG instead?

So much of the Strathclyde area, minus some of Ayrshire which is usually seen as South West Scotland, is in a murky grey area. The EoS has already taken in Jeanfield Swifts from Perth and technically were okay with Clydebank applying last year.
Which is why everyone is okay with the idea of a West of Scotland league.

Clydebank were historically linked to the Stirlingshire cup etc.

....EKFC already in the EoSFA etc. The way things move forward could be through entry into the EoS structure followed by the spinning off of a separate WoSFA in 2020-21, but I doubt Clydebank would do that by themselves. It would take a group of west junior clubs to do it over the next month or so.

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

....EKFC already in the EoSFA etc. The way things move forward could be through entry into the EoS structure followed by the spinning off of a separate WoSFA in 2020-21, but I doubt Clydebank would do that by themselves. It would take a group of west junior clubs to do it over the next month or so.

It could work. Basically ask the EoSFL to create and run a new WoS League, rubbing alongside their own EoSFL...

The EoSFL have proven they run a very good, strong league with the respect of all members (it’s the SFA that are f**king things up). Obviously with a lot of input for the teams from the west, there’s no reason why grown men can’t work it out between them

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It could work. Basically ask the EoSFL to create and run a new WoS League, rubbing alongside their own EoSFL...

The EoSFL have proven they run a very good, strong league with the respect of all members (it’s the SFA that are f**king things up). Obviously with a lot of input for the teams from the west, there’s no reason why grown men can’t work it out between them

I am sure that there are many capable people at WRJFA clubs who could take on the running of a WoS within the EoS (for one season only). There are people already in position at the WRJFA who are competent e.g. Fixtures.

There's no need for the EoS to be particularly "hands on" - just be there to help as and when needed, if needed! 

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

I don't think Geography based conferences at Teir 7 next season would work given we would be looking to turn that into a championship the year after. Some conferences would be a good bit weaker than others.

Seeded conferences again at T7 next year for me, so they are as equal as possible, to make up a championship for 20/21.

Regional at T8 after that, in 20/21.

The new 'premier' next season is effectively the championship - the top tier is the Lowland League

The new 'premier' next season is effectively the championship - the top tier is the Lowland League

Not of the EoS structure it's not, any more than SPFL2 is the Premier for the Lowland League.

Clue is kinda in the EoS Premier League name. [emoji846]

As far as I'm aware the plan is to create a second league under the EoS Premier to be a championship, with next season's conferences, meaning geographical at Teir 7 would be less desirable to reach that outcome as conferences would be different quality depending on geography.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Not of the EoS structure it's not, any more than SPFL2 is the Premier for the Lowland League.

Clue is kinda in the EoS Premier League name. emoji846.png

As far as I'm aware the plan is to create a second league under the EoS Premier to be a championship, with next season's conferences, meaning geographical at Teir 7 would be less desirable to reach that outcome as conferences would be different quality depending on geography.

I mean a pyramid like:

T5 Lowland (like old East Juniors Super)

T6 EoS Premier (like old East Prem)

T7 West, Central, South (Like South / North leagues)

Another league under T6 and you run out of teams in T7

Edited by Che Dail

I mean a pyramid like:
T5 Lowland (like old East Juniors Super)
T6 EoS Premier (like old East Prem)
T7 West, Central, South (Like South / North leagues)
Another league under T6 and you run out of teams in T7

Yep, but you've started one level too high.

EoS Premier and WoS Premier when it comes in will be premier. Lowland and Highland a level above them both.