Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely no one is buying that from the lad Johnston? Even the LongTimeLurkers and the Superbigals of this world wouldn't concoct such a riddy of an email.

Some might. It's a rally cry round him to try and get the SFA to do something. Rather than those clubs attempt to breakaway on their own.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Some might. It's a rally cry round him to try and get the SFA to do something. Rather than those clubs attempt to breakaway on their own.

It's not a good look though  "Help us Rod, DO SOMETHING!!",  that won't instill confidence in those who have already had enough.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

...I genuinely believe now that option Z was floated and put across to the juniors as a likely outcome, knowing it would be rejected elsewhere and this would allow the people dealing with it to shut out the SJFA. TJ has been outflanked by them because he was too busy trying to outflank many of his own to realise what was happening...

You might be onto something. Could have been part of a face-saving exit strategy for the SFA board clearing the way for a different approach sidelining the SJFA completely after they realised they had no way to proceed on the "directive" that was issued. The key on Option Z was the LL agreeing to split and some important people in all of this definitely seemed to genuinely believe that all the pieces were in place for that happening, so somebody very high up the food chain in blazer terms was probably being conned in a big way. Would be ironic if it was Tom Johnston rather than the WRSJFA exec.

Hopefully, more than just two west junior clubs will have raised their head above the parapet by early next week after committees will have met at games this weekend and hopefully we'll see something official on the LL and/or EoS website soon about taking applications for a new west league as was being implied would happen on here recently. Without the latter part happening it's a lot more difficult for the ERSJFA to EoS mass defection scenario to unfold in the west and in an absolute worst case scenario Clydebank might have to be willing to be the trailblazing Kelty in an SoS context.

Over and out for a while with no followups so a deluge of bizarre responses doesn't derail the thread.

8 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Would the East Juniors scenario have happened if there was no EoSL to go to?

Almost certainly not at the time it did, remember at the point that Kelty left, the SJFA were still not interested in joining the Pyramid and bad mouthed them at AGM and it was really only after they left that TJ conducted the infamous survey which forced him to approach the SFA saying they wanted in.

So you'd have to imagine something similar to what is now happening in the west would have happened at some point.  I think I'm right in saying that Kelty wanted to see the Juniors move into the Pyramid, their first choice wasn't to leave., but they got zero encouragement.

Edited by Burnie_man

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Almost certainly not at the time it did, remember at the point that Kelty left, the SJFA were still not interested in joining the Pyramid and bad mouthed them at AGM and it was really only after they left that TJ conducted the infamous survey which forced him to approach the SFA saying they wanted in.

So you'd have to imagine something similar to what is now happening in the west would have happened at some point.  I think I'm right in saying that Kelty wanted to see the Juniors move into the Pyramid, their first choice wasn't to leave., but they got zero encouragement.

If the EoS had scattered to the four winds of Lowland, Juniors, amateurs and folding.

You'd probably have seen lowland league 2 be a thing by now. As that would of been the next thing.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the EoS had scattered to the four winds of Lowland, Juniors, amateurs and folding.

You'd probably have see lowland league 2 be a thing by now. As that would of been the next thing.

More than likely in some form, LL2 might still happen.

5 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If the LL are serious about change, all they need to do is promote both the SOS and EoS champions to the league and relegate two.

Then the floodgates open and within two years the SOS will be the West Juniors in a conference system like the EoS Premier.

That's my take on it. 

Just now, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If the LL are serious about change, all they need to do is promote both the SOS and EoS champions to the league and relegate two.

Then the floodgates open and within two years the SOS will be the West Juniors in a conference system like the EoS Premier.

.....or the LL keep things as they are for the time being (I doubt their members would vote to increase relegation at this point), and help set-up a WoSFL.  Once a WoSFL is established and the top division clubs begin to be Licenced, they then open up the relegation spots.

The other short term solution if numbers aren't quite there is joining the SoS with something like a "Western Conference" being created for the west Junior clubs, and then hiving it off into a stand alone WoSFL after it's first season.  

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Clubs in that league are more keen on pulling up the drawbridge, citing the Highland League and League Two as examples even though the two are completely unrelated.

It's scandalous that you've got four team in the LL this season who are all murder. Whitehill Welfare showed how weak the bottom of the LL is in comparison to the EoS as they slid right through to the bottom of the table.

I'd go a potential 3 up 3 down personally, then you could mess about with it a bit depending on licensing. Have a playoff between the two runners up in the EoS and SoS if both licensed. 

That's a waste of time. The wosl and the SOS are the same thing. Why need three?

.....or the LL keep things as they are for the time being (I doubt their members would vote to increase relegation at this point), and help set-up a WoSFL.  Once a WoSFL is established and the top division clubs begin to be Licenced, they then open up the relegation spots.
The other short term solution if numbers aren't quite there is joining the SoS with something like a "Western Conference" being created for the west Junior clubs, and then hiving it off into a stand alone WoSFL after it's first season.  

40 minutes ago, Referee021 said:

94A37DC9-C1AA-45D8-9581-72F114769B43.png

6ED64DB6-FC68-4DB4-A652-CC465396D289.png

11E79953-0CC1-442B-89E6-A0B11663667B.png

66536738-2289-4141-91D8-BCB913C99A0B.png

The above Pyramid Working Group Minutes have been compiled in the name of Tom Johnson. 

I have never met TJ, but my impression is that he is a seasoned/skilled football 'politician', who knows that TIMING, and the  careful SELECTION of WORDING, to be INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED , can LEAD to very different INTERPRETATIONS,  by those who read them 'cold',  2nd/3rd/4th hand.

Given the above, what would be important now is for the PWG to issue publicly, the official Minutes, of its meeting, and issue them quickly to all the relevant bodies/people.  Otherwise. clubs and fans alike, will only have the SJFA's version of what happened at the meeting, which contributes to  misinterpretations and ongoing misunderstandings.

Also, another hundred or so posts will appear on P&B, arguing about it.

Just now, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

That's a waste of time. The wosl and the SOS are the same thing. Why need three?

I'd look at a map.   The SoS is supposed to cater for Dumfries & Galloway mainly, but have taken in some waifs and strays due to the lack of WoSFL.  They are also an old established league.

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The above Pyramid Working Group Minutes have been compiled in the name of Tom Johnson. 

I have never met TJ, but my impression is that he is a seasoned/skilled football 'politician', who knows that TIMING, and the  careful SELECTION of WORDING, to be INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED , can LEAD to very different INTERPRETATIONS,  by those who read them 'cold',  2nd/3rd/4th hand.

Given the above, what would be important now is for the PWG to issue publicly, the official Minutes, of its meeting, and issue them quickly to all the relevant bodies/people.  Otherwise. clubs and fans alike, will only have the SJFA's version of what happened at the meeting, which contributes to  misinterpretations and ongoing misunderstandings.

Also, another hundred or so posts will appear on P&B, arguing about it.

I very much doubt there are minutes.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I very much doubt there are minutes.

I was afraid that you would say that !

It means that the SJFA is determined to be seen as the 'true' voice of authority and accuracy, for the junior clubs.

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed