Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

18 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Where is the communication that the PWG is no more and how come only some clubs have this information?

confused.com

There hasn’t been any information from the SJFA. After it was mentioned on here the Buffs Secretary called Tom Johnstone to confirm the P&B details which he did.

Edited by parkcircus

There hasn’t been any information from the SJFA. After it was mentioned on here the Buffs Secretary called Tom Johnstone to confirm the P&B details which he did.
EoS clubs were informed that all options were turned down at PWG and there's no further meetings planned.

Have the SJFA not informed clubs of the outcome?

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

That's what I figured would of happened. The SJFA only seem to send out blanket emails to its members when there is "good news".

So to get this massively important information ( one which hugely impacts on any future planning a club can make regardless of whether they personally want to move senior or stay junior), each club will have to individually contact TJ to find this info out?

And some of them will only have the heads up about this if they’ve got folk active on p and b.

When Junior football ‘dies’, the gravestone will read ‘here lies Junior Football, killed by Tom Johnstone’

Since the turn of this century I’ve played and coached in the juniors and the non league seniors. There’s no discernible difference at all.
The juniors seemed to have more of a collective togetherness of ‘the grade’, probably through the nationwide junior cup.

Of late the grounds and professionalism at the top end non league senior game (needed to meet licensing by most) has been driven forward and is a major difference when you see the grounds in Lowland compared to top league junior set ups (for the most part).

TJ and his cronies have killed the junior game. Folk on here can discuss and speculate about all other reasons regarding licence, pyramid, individual clubs wanting a change etc, but when it comes down to it, his actions have led us to where we are. No one else’s.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

those statements are absolutely huge, I know we were talking of someone needing to stand up but I didn’t expect such strong public statements so soon. I talked of energy earlier and it’s clear these clubs have it in abundance. It puts west teams in the pyramid for next season a near certainty.

Was much quicker than I had expected as well.  The important thing is to push on, keep comm lines open with the LL and SFA and find out over the next week or two which clubs are definitely wanting to join a new league, and then begin fleshing out the process.  The LL guys have been there before.

It's 6 months to kick-off (think the EoS is kicking off on 25th July, 1st August could be a target date for a WoS), more than enough time to get the league up and running.  The LL was done in about 2 months.

Also what needs to be kept in mind is that there may be clubs outwith the Juniors who may be interested, it should be open to all.  However, the league needs set-up and launched first, with applications invited.

I know joining the SoS has been mentioned as an alternative, but IMO the time is right to just get the job done and set-up a WoS. 

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I know joining the SoS has been mentioned as an alternative, but IMO the time is right to just get the job done and set-up a WoS. 

I'm not sure why a Dumfries & Galloway league featuring reserve sides, a team from Kilmarnock and assorted pub teams should be at tier 6.

We should have a two way split in the Lowland area at tier 6. I'd like to see the SoS rebranded as a WoS and do the conferences ala EoS 2018/19. It will help the SoS teams find their level. Alternatively they could drop a tier or two voluntarily and feed into a new WoS.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm not sure why a Dumfries & Galloway league featuring reserve sides, a team from Kilmarnock and assorted pub teams should be at tier 6.

We should have a two way split in the Lowland area at tier 6. I'd like to see the SoS rebranded as a WoS and do the conferences ala EoS 2018/19. It will help the SoS teams find their level. Alternatively they could drop a tier or two voluntarily and feed into a new WoS.

That's another debate entirely, but my impression is that a few people within the senior game think the SoS needs "re-set" at a more appropriate level to match the ambition of it's clubs, which is almost entirely zero interest towards the LL (amongst current members) mainly because they know as the LL becomes stronger, they would be faced with a season of humpings.  Dalbeattie and Gretna are the exception as they are already there and surviving OK., Threave have already been there but ended up withdrawing.

Changes may come once a WoS is firmly established.

10 hours ago, RealityHits said:

As a fan of an English non-league club, I've been lurking on this site since I heard, through a very obscure series of events which I won't bore anyone with, about Kelty switching grades (including me  finally understanding what 'Junior' actually meant).

I have to say that's it's been an interesting watch (most of the time), but I have finally decided to post in order to congratulate Clydebank and Killwinning Rangers on having the brass neck and/or balls of steel to stick their heads above the parapet, and front out the SJFA.

Best of luck to them both and those who follow in their wake.  Extra kudos for Clydebank who have experienced unpleasant threats of reprisals before.

Out of interest, which club are you supporting? I've lived in England for quite a few years and watched a fair amount of non-league football. When thinking of the current SJFA shambles, I can't help but think of the Northern League in England who ended up joining the pyramid much lower than they could have if they took part from the start...

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm betwixt and between as to which of setting up a new WoSFL or seeing sides move to the SoSFL and it being rebranded as the WoSFL is the best way forward. Perhaps the latter might just be the best way if, as Marshmallo says, it is handled similarly to the excellent way the EoSFL handled the influx of ERSJFA clubs. Going forward, this allows for just a west feeder and an east feeder to the LL, probably better than a west, east and south feeder? A season of pain and some lopsided matches in a conference style SoSFL, should numbers permit, might be a price worth paying, although it really is up to the clubs and the relevant leagues.

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Shut up, uncle Bob...you're spoiling this delicious wee moment.

Ask yourself why TJ is suddenly, 'instructing' the North Region juniors to join the pyramid.    Will he attempt to re-launch the "juniors all in together" claim 

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Just scroll past it. It is drivel but not worth getting worked up about.

The West news from Kilwinning & Clydebank, is brilliant, but please try to keep awake. 

Watch and see what 'new' strategy TJ comes up with now, to try to frustrate a west pyramid !,    

Alternatively, create a tier 6 WoSFL for which SoSFL clubs can also apply and the SoSFL who don't, drop down to tier 7. I can't imagine a massive influx from the SoSFL, maybe Threave, Bonnyton & Braves SoS? That's 3 clubs in the WoSFL to help reach the numbers needed. Add to that possible amateurs or youth clubs (like Colts & BSC) applying (might be their last chance to jump ahead of certain big juniors) and a decent amount of WoSFL clubs can be easily achievable.

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Ask yourself why TJ is suddenly, 'instructing' the North Region juniors to join the pyramid.    Will he attempt to re-launch the "juniors all in together" claim 

If the HFL, NRJFA & NCL agree a pyramid in the north it would really show the incompetence of SJFA / TJ in this. The one region they have "forgotten" about could end up being the only one moving into the pyramid intact...

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

Alternatively, create a tier 6 WoSFL for which SoSFL clubs can also apply and the SoSFL who don't, drop down to tier 7. I can't imagine a massive influx from the SoSFL, maybe Threave, Bonnyton & Braves SoS?

I think you may be surprised at some of the attitudes at some clubs in the South theses days. They are maybe not as insular as they have been in the past.

Have to assume Bonnyton will be watching with particular interest.

Also what needs to be kept in mind is that there may be clubs outwith the Juniors who may be interested, it should be open to all.  However, the league needs set-up and launched first, with applications invited.

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's called the power of saying Yes!

Do you want to join the pyramid? Yes.

Do you think this promotion/relegation set up works? Yes.

Can we join your league? Yes.

The SoS isn't ideally placed in the pyramid but there's been literally nothing else there.