Football League 2017/18 season

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

The steel city derby is about to get started. Fingers crossed it's 90 minutes of blood and snotters as all good derbies should be.

what an abject challenge from loovens for the red card - all he had to do was stay on his feet and see the bloke out of play - cretinous decision to foul him....

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/11/2017 at 11:16, Dunning1874 said:

Sunderland :lol:

This move will go well for no one. Everyone seems to be forgetting that Coleman was a shite manager doing a disastrous job at Coventry prior to getting the Wales job, and obviously Sunderland are an absolute basketcase. Sunderland relegated, Coleman sacked, Wales to resume their rightful place in pot 6. Pleasing.

On 18/11/2017 at 11:42, 19QOS19 said:

6 months I reckon?

could be out by a factor of about three months - they look absolutely and utterly shite...

Middlesbrough hit the bar in the 93rd minute, concede a penalty in the 94th. Horrible, although I saw bits and bobs of the game on a pretty ropey stream and from what I saw it didn’t look like a Fulham win was undeserved, the Boro passing and keeping of the ball was pretty abysmal.

15 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Middlesbrough hit the bar in the 93rd minute, concede a penalty in the 94th. Horrible, although I saw bits and bobs of the game on a pretty ropey stream and from what I saw it didn’t look like a Fulham win was undeserved, the Boro passing and keeping of the ball was pretty abysmal.

I watched it on a stream and first half we absolutely hammered them. Unfortunately Rudy Gestede is absolutely dreadful with the ball actualy on the ground and fucked up 3 great chances in the first half alone. 

Thank f**k though that it appears we finally have a manager who will play Traore every week. Tore them apart first half.

I watched it on a stream and first half we absolutely hammered them. Unfortunately Rudy Gestede is absolutely dreadful with the ball actualy on the ground and fucked up 3 great chances in the first half alone. 
Thank f**k though that it appears we finally have a manager who will play Traore every week. Tore them apart first half.

I missed the first half hour and stream was horrendous, but on the rare occasion it was working it was Fulham in the ascendancy, that’s a little less worrying if that wasn’t the case then.

Completely agree on both Gestede and Traore, the former being an utter carthorse, and the latter having the potential to be the best player in the entire league, IMO. I know it’s not really Pulis’ style, but I’d love to see him just given a free role, with no defensive responsibility, in a 4-4-1-1. If nothing else it would push opposition back purely out of fear of his pace.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No wonder Scottish fitba is on its erse :lol: 

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

When Liverpool and Whitehill are playing at the same time, which game do you go to?

Liverpool ... when Ayr and Middlesbrough are playing at the same time  which game do you go to ? 

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No wonder Scottish fitba is on its erse.

Avoiding the question I see :) 

I was of course at the Whitehill game today.

And at our U20s game at Broadwood last night. 

How was Kirkcaldy? 

13 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Avoiding the question I see :) 

I was of course at the Whitehill game today.

And at our U20s game at Broadwood last night. 

How was Kirkcaldy? 

So you choose English football over Scottish football. Good to know. I've no problems with it, but strange calling out people on doing the same as yourself as being a reason for Scottish football apparently being "on its erse".

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So you choose English football over Scottish football. Good to know. I've no problems with it, but strange calling out people on doing the same as yourself as being a reason for Scottish football apparently being "on its erse".

When Ayr and Middlesbrough are playing at the same time  which game do you go to ? 

9 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

When Ayr and Middlesbrough are playing at the same time  which game do you go to ? 

Usually Middlesbrough. I wasn't the one trying to blame others for Scottish football apparently being "on its erse" though, so it's a bit irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Usually Middlesbrough. I wasn't the one trying to blame others for Scottish football apparently being "on its erse" though, so it's a bit irrelevant.

Just poking a wee bit of fun at 2 supposed football fans in Scotland sitting watching an English team that you never see on a stream when there’s 100s of games up and down the country. 

59 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Just poking a wee bit of fun at 2 supposed football fans in Scotland sitting watching an English team that you never see on a stream when there’s 100s of games up and down the country. 

You didn't answer last time I asked so I'll try again, how many games do you have to attend to be allowed an opinion on the game or to be above "never seeing" them?

You never used to be so pompous and arrogant about... attending football games Rab. Unfortunately I've got other things to do/a family, maybe you're very lucky not that respect that you don't, or that people would prefer you to disappear 3 days a week to watch football.

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

hands up who thinks Darren ferguson is looking at a wee bit of a touchline ban?

disappointingly, his comment wasn't quite as up front as the reaction is making it out to be; asked what could be done about the poor standard of officiating he replied "what can I do - shoot them ?" so more a rhetorical question than a call to fit out sniper's nests in the grandstands and pick refs off one by one as a course of direct action...

that said, more hysterical whining to distract attention away from other failings, and the decision in question was not as clear cut as is made out, either - there's a case to be made that the rovers' player who was "fouled" tripped over his own feet

similarly, plymouth could very easily have had a penalty of their own late on which wasn't given, and so - yet again - football's greatest and most enduring truism that "these things even themsevles out over the course of a season" is show to be entirely accurate...

the rantings of a madman....

You didn't answer last time I asked so I'll try again, how many games do you have to attend to be allowed an opinion on the game or to be above "never seeing" them?
You never used to be so pompous and arrogant about... attending football games Rab. Unfortunately I've got other things to do/a family, maybe you're very lucky not that respect that you don't, or that people would prefer you to disappear 3 days a week to watch football.

Same as with Honest_Man, I have a wife and a dog and friends I’d rather spend time with than travel for 12 hours down to Middlesbrough and back every second weekend, I also play football most Saturday’s and have done my whole life (even being player/manager/secretary of an amateur team for five years until the summer when we folded), so that takes priority, especially as I prefer playing to watching anyway.

I can think of a few things in life worth bragging about, going to watch live football isn’t really one of them, especially when 75% of the crowd as generally utter morons.

Archived