Football League 2017/18 season

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I can think of a few things in life worth bragging about, going to watch live football isn’t really one of them, especially when 75% of the crowd as generally utter morons.

Disappearing at 8am Saturday morning and returning 11pm every week, then going to watch Hibs under-20s on the Sunday instead of spending time with your family seems quite a sad existence to me. As I've gotten a bit older my priorities have changed a bit, so I'll still go to as many games as I can, but my life doesn't revolve around football. Obviously he enjoys it and if he has a family then they put up with it, so each to their own. I wouldn't be trying to brag about it myself.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will surely be a massive media and twitter uproar about young Ferguson's comments. If they lost the plot over a manager suggesting a slap then one advocating mass murder should have them in total meltdown. I expect a police investigation shortly.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Christ almighty now I’m getting a lesson on work / social life / family balance :lol: 

As I said, each to their own, if you've got the time and the money and that's what you want to spend them both on then crack on. If you're going to try as one-up people as arrogantly for attending more football games though, don't be surprised when it's pointed out that not everyone has the time/money/lack of commitments to be able to drive up and down to Liverpool/England every week.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The driving would take any fun out it for me. I like to get to as many down south as I can. Work helps me with that, but under my own steam I do fewer trips and make a day or weekend of it.

Locally, I don't  mind driving, if I'm on my Todd. 

each to their own, though - i used to love the seven hour round trips to donny and back, either on my own or with stupid mates in tow; we did used to tart it up a bit once in a while, mind - for the endsleigh trophy final (second leg), second season in the conference, and a game against dover that i was match sponsor for,  just after my boy was born, we hired a stretch limo and just ate canapes got fucking wasted  - huge black motor cruising up the A1 with a rovers scarf tied on to the aerial on the back :lol:

first instance, for the cup final, we tracked down rovers legend peter kitchen who was then working at a leisure centre in essex and invited him along - enduring memory of him throwing up in a burger king car park on the A14 just north of cambridge...

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

each to their own, though - i used to love the seven hour round trips to donny and back, either on my own or with stupid mates in tow; we did used to tart it up a bit once in a while, mind - for the endsleigh trophy final (second leg), second season in the conference, and a game against dover that i was match sponsor for,  just after my boy was born, we hired a stretch limo and just ate canapes got fucking wasted  - huge black motor cruising up the A1 with a rovers scarf tied on to the aerial on the back :lol:

first instance, for the cup final, we tracked down rovers legend peter kitchen who was then working at a leisure centre in essex and invited him along - enduring memory of him throwing up in a burger king car park on the A14 just north of cambridge...

I don't claim any allegiance to one team, although I have a few I lean towards, depending on where I pitch up. I wouldn't drive anywhere and back as a complete neutral.

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As I said, each to their own, if you've got the time and the money and that's what you want to spend them both on then crack on. If you're going to try as one-up people as arrogantly for attending more football games though, don't be surprised when it's pointed out that not everyone has the time/money/lack of commitments to be able to drive up and down to Liverpool/England every week.

Ach come on I was just yanking your chain. Folk can do what ever they want.

Just make sure Stew remembers his poop a scoop when he’s out walking the dog :lol: 

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ach come on I was just yanking your chain. Folk can do what ever they want.

Just make sure Stew remembers his poop a scoop when he’s out walking the dog :lol: 

Don't pretend you weren't desperate for a reaction :)

Manage to catch Forfar under-16s on your way back up last night?

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don't pretend you weren't desperate for a reaction :)

Manage to catch Forfar under-16s on your way back up last night?

Now would I do that to you pair? :) 

Were they playing? Wish I’d known :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Now would I do that to you pair? :) 

Were they playing? Wish I’d known :lol: 

Cheeky scamp you are Rab. 

Whilst I've got you, how many games a season do you need to attend before your judgement moves on from "never seeing" your team? 

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cheeky scamp you are Rab. 

Whilst I've got you, how many games a season do you need to attend before your judgement moves on from "never seeing" your team? 

I am HM :) 

If a supporter is serious about things you need to be at most home games and more than half the aways. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So you don't consider yourself a Whitehill fan then? 

I was never a WW fan I’d only been a few times as a nuetral before I started to help them out with a few bits and bobs. I usually go if Liverpool aren’t playing though. Surprising how many games I get to though with the TV moving things around made about 30 of them last season. 

13 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I was never a WW fan I’d only been a few times as a nuetral before I started to help them out with a few bits and bobs. I usually go if Liverpool aren’t playing though. Surprising how many games I get to though with the TV moving things around made about 30 of them last season. 

Ah right, assumed you'd been a fan of them before Liverpool. Fair enough.

Archived