Football League 2017/18 season

Well, that second half was pish. Performances against the better teams in the division just haven’t been good enough this season on the whole. 6 points off the playoffs obviously isn’t insurmountable at this stage of the season, but it’s certainly not ideal for a team that should be in contention for automatic promotion. Disappointing.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An absolutely outstanding finish that'll soon be forgotten as it wasn't in the EPL.  

He has absolutely no business playing in the championship to be fair, light years ahead of everyone else in that league. Will be amazed if the likes of Everton, Leicester, Stoke, etc don’t try and sign him in January.

ETA: if I was Wenger, I’d be snapping him up in a heart beat for Arsenal. He’ll be properly top class in a year or two if he keeps developing, and would absolutely suit the way they play.

Monk has left the building.

I'm actually shocked, given Gibson's record for sticking by managers but it's just not seemed to work for him and considering the money he's been given it's not good enough. Interesting to see who will come in.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Monk has left the building.

I'm actually shocked, given Gibson's record for sticking by managers but it's just not seemed to work for him and considering the money he's been given it's not good enough. Interesting to see who will come in.

Strange one with them winning today. 

Correct decision I think. It just hasn’t clicked, at all. There’s enough talent and money spent on that squad that a top two placing and automatic return should have been a real likelihood. 9th at Christmas, 20 points off the top just isn’t good enough,m. However, as said, I’m also surprised it’s come so soon with Gibson renowned for giving managers plenty of time, almost to a fault often.

Be interesting to see who comes in. The list the bookies have is not inspiring in the slightest.

Archived