Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Is there any club currently as much of a shambles as Sunderland anywhere in Britain?  It's incredible how much of a mess they are at the moment

Coventry City, now in League 2? They've been a shambles for a few years.

The current lease on the Ricoh runs out in August and they could be homeless again.

Is there any club currently as much of a shambles as Sunderland anywhere in Britain?  It's incredible how much of a mess they are at the moment

Raith Rovers???

Colin is pissed off by a dubious postponement - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43450852.

"Cardiff's fixture at Pride Park was called off because areas surrounding the stadium were deemed unsafe.

"We got to the ground and the car park was clear, the pitch was perfect. Absolutely disgraceful really," said Warnock."

"All week I have listened to comments from Derby, they have all been negative, and that's before the snow came down," he said.

"They have been talking about the injury situation, yesterday the manager Gary [Rowett] said they only had 10 players training and if they could get away with this weekend's game, they would be fine.

"Things like that should be looked into.

"All the lads were raring to go and looking forward to it, but you can't blame Derby for wanting it off - you wouldn't want to play us at the moment."

Such is the state of British tv, 17th v 11th in the English 3rd Division is tonight's highlight.  I really must take up salsa dancing or get back to reading books.

44 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Such is the state of British tv, 17th v 11th in the English 3rd Division is tonight's highlight.  I really must take up salsa dancing or get back to reading books.

just in from a trip to ikea in croydon (ididn't rush back particularly quickly) - I'm eagerly anticipating a ravishing display of attacking verve from rovers, swatting aside bradford with uncommon ease, sensually executed goals and accomplished defending, all played out in front of a bumper crowd buzzing with excitement

absolutely certain they won't let me down - come the f**k on you red and white wizards !

Sometimes lower league football can be surprisingly good. 

There is no such surprise tonight.  Utter, utter pish. 

I’m wondering if it’s worth switching over to Erzgebirge Aue v Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2 on BT. 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m wondering if it’s worth switching over to Erzgebirge Aue v Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2 on BT. 

i'm wondering if it was worth staying in the picture frames, doormats and macrame basket-hanging sling department at ikea - there was a black, melamine frame with a generic picture of a nice oriental family, with a dog, that caught my eye...

anyway - the macrame basket hanging things - top left, there are a couple of different types

they look more shit in the picture than they did in real life....

the set on the website is supposed to be evocative of a "north african or middle eastern dwelling - a cool, calm oasis in the arid heat" - nice touch to use a coffee table made out of an old weapon shipping crate for a bit of added authenticity

ikea-decorate-the-living-room-with-indoor-plants__1364442928333-s41.jpg

Archived