Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half time in the Liverpool derby was timed to perfection to turn over and see a superb goal from Josh Murphy for Norwich.  Left footed curler from not far off 25 yards. Cracker.

6 minutes ago, The Nightfly said:

Mick McCarthy has left Ipswich. I think he's got a new job lined up.

Had he not announced he was retiring in the Summer? 

Fair play to Mick McCarthy for the style of his departure. I'd love to quit a job in that way.

I remember seeing a few rankings about how finance in that league shapes up and Ipswich were pretty much the bottom established Championship club ahead of just the newly promoted teams. It might be that it's just better for both parties to part ways but you wouldn't really imagine that there are going to be loads of candidates who would better the sort of return he had in having them well safe of relegation.

He'll get another job at that level and do well next season.

Got an Ipswich fan in work, was there last night and said the abuse he got was pretty bad. McCarthy had said previously they would never get him out the club. 

He along with quite a few others seem keen on Derek Adams, however are resigned to the fact it will most likely be someone like Pardew.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
1 hour ago, The Naitch said:
Holy. Shit.

It was absolutely ridiculous. It'll be interesting to see how Wolves get on next season. They have some excellent players in their side.

Depends on how the FA react to their agreement with Jorge Mendes. 

Its a testament to how much control of players agents have these days that Neves has ended up at Wolves, btw. Hes a Champions League standard player whos playing English second tier football purely because that club paid an agent millions of pounds.

Archived