Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was a decent enough game. Draw probably about the right outcome; Sunderland looked a bit less shambolic than I thought they might considering the absolute state of their summer, although questionable at the back. Still don't expect them to be close to challenging at the right end of the table, though. 

I think the Championship should be reasonably interesting this season. Middlesbrough and Fulham are my early picks for automatic promotion, but I'm also liking the look of Norwich and Brentford. 

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Quite enjoyed the Hull scorer pushing the steward out the way there so he could celebrate

I thought the steward would have been within his rights to belt him. If he'd done that to another player, he'd have been sent off.

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Poor start for big spending Boro. Shocking goal they gave away as well

Sounded poor from Boro, but the game was dreadful in general with neither team having much decent play or good chances. And the Wolves goal was once of the worst defensive mistakes I've seen in a good while.

Also, Wolves have spent significant money this year and should be up the top so not too bad a result, I expected a defeat before the game.

Archived