Football League 2017/18 season

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Was it Preston he was at for a bit? My point was he's still a championship level player and Bury are a bit off that level.  Have they got a benevolent benefactor? 

No, his best spell was at Huddersfield where he did very well to be fair. He did sod all at Norwich and Birmingham though and the Brummies punted him. 

Bury are a bit of a financial basket case actually having survived winding up orders in recent years. I'm surprised the Neville brothers...not the band...didn't help them out given it's their home town club and their dad is a legend there. Completely destroying Salford and basically turning them into a new club appealed to them more though. I think Vaughan ended up there simply because nobody higher up wanted him.

Grayson was his manager at Huddersfield so he's obviously trying to relive the past. I think his best days are behind him but we shall obviously see.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Clearly, although very strange that you quoted a full article which basically put all the one on Sheffield Utd fans.

It stops short of blame but both sets of fans clearly involvement in the thoroughly disgraceful scenes.

It must of course be pretty difficult to tell who's who in amongst the Henleys clobber and Londsdale trainers. 

Now just imagine if this had been a certain other club. 

9 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It stops short of blame but both sets of fans clearly involvement in the thoroughly disgraceful scenes.

It must of course be pretty difficult to tell who's who in amongst the Henleys clobber and Londsdale trainers. 

Now just imagine if this had been a certain other club. 

Yeah, you're right. If it had been Millwall it could have been carnage.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Yeah, you're right. If it had been Millwall it could have been carnage.

Could have 7-2. Then whenever they started getting cocky about that 2nd FA Youth Cup win in 1991 can just imagine the murderers chants. 

6 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Could have 7-2. Then whenever they started getting cocky about that 2nd FA Youth Cup win in 1991 can just imagine the murderers chants. 

Rab my man, this was Boro v Sheffield United. Liverpool weren't actually involved. There's more than a slight flavour of the famous victimhood coming though. This is where you do yourselves no favours at all I'm afraid.

13 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Rab my man, this was Boro v Sheffield United. Liverpool weren't actually involved. There's more than a slight flavour of the famous victimhood coming though. This is where you do yourselves no favours at all I'm afraid.

Apologies 7-2 I'm just away to a random funeral along the road I'll get back to you later. 

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Apologies 7-2 I'm just away to a random funeral along the road I'll get back to you later. 

Good move Rab. It'll cheer you up. Enjoy!

Dearie me, Rab has completely lost it. I can confirm I'm fine though, as:

1. I wasn't at the game, I had a game myself as I do most Saturday's (much prefer playing to watching), and then had my wee brothers 30th.

2. I replied to one of your posts yesterday (Sunday), and the game was Saturday evening.

In all seriousness, maybe take a wee break from P&B for a while Rab, couple of weeks perhaps. You appear to be on the verge of going 'full Grimbo', and no one should ever go full Grimbo.

Archived